Could Texas and Oklahoma be joining the SEC?

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Please no.

We already have Alabama fans. I can’t imagine them and Texas fans in the same conference. And a lot of UGA’s fan base is becoming Bammer-lite.

But if they do, I say trade Arkansas and Missouri and rearrange the conference.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe they can take Nebraska from the Big Ten. They've been stinking up the conference and don't seem to fit in.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
16 team conferences are coming and both of these teams are making a move to be a part of the best football conference in the country. It’s the next step to an eight or 12 team national championship playoff.

If it’s inevitable I’d rather have these two than the teams the SEC picked up in the past.

I like the looks of this map. Lots of rivalries remain and a 9 game SEC season would be good.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like this is pretty much a done deal.

I’m a traditionalist in many ways and this is more of ESPN ruining CFB, but it will be cool to have them in the conference.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
So when do Houston and BYU join the Big 12?

My prediction: Big 12 and AAC and BYU merge into one conference

ECU will be legitimate "Power 5"

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I can see the money ratings and such side of this move but overall this just decreases Texas and okl chances of making championship games they were better off beating up on big 12 well at least okl not Texas to go undefeated and make playoffs

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I can see the money ratings and such side of this move but overall this just decreases Texas and okl chances of making championship games they were better off beating up on big 12 well at least okl not Texas to go undefeated and make playoffs

I generally agree, but they both have talented new coaches that were successful OCs and this should help recruiting, so it has a chance to help them too.

It will be better for them if they reapportion the teams west/east and Alabama and Auburn move East.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I generally agree, but they both have talented new coaches that were successful OCs and this should help recruiting, so it has a chance to help them too.

It will be better for them if they reapportion the teams west/east and Alabama and Auburn move East.
Texas has been in rinse and repeat for many years they got no shot in any near future. Okl has lots offense talent but in either side will be on rare side they come out ahead on bama Ga actually A&M for near futire. Problem with Okl is they'll throw away a game or sometimes 2 in regular season to a bad team they won't get away with that with an SEC sched except in a year they may just be flat loaded

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Texas has been in rinse and repeat for many years they got no shot in any near future. Okl has lots offense talent but in either side will be on rare side they come out ahead on bama Ga actually A&M for near futire. Problem with Okl is they'll throw away a game or sometimes 2 in regular season to a bad team they won't get away with that with an SEC sched except in a year they may just be flat loaded

yep. It’s Alabama or UGA this year.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Same thing Clemson can almost guarantee regular shot at playoff beating up on ACC joining SEC would only hurt their chances to the only thing most care about these days the playoffs. I will say they would be way more competitive than Texas or Okl. At least most years as long as Dabbo stays