Costs are through the roof

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I need more glyphosate. I usually buy the 41% off brand stuff in a 30-gallon barrel at the crop store. I just called to check the price, and I'm glad I did. $675 ($22.50/gal) ! My notes say it was $382 in 2019, just 2 years ago. A $300 jump (78%) in 2 years?? I can buy it by the 2.5 gallon jug cheaper than that at Tractor Supply. TSC has only gone up 10% in that same time frame. It used to be less than half the cost, buying it by the barrel. Something seems wrong.

Fertilizer is up exactly 50% since last year too, but I can understand that a little better with fuel costs.

Can anyone explain that price jump, or give some context on if you're seeing the same?

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer
I need more glyphosate. I usually buy the 41% off brand stuff in a 30-gallon barrel at the crop store. I just called to check the price, and I'm glad I did. $675 ($22.50/gal) ! My notes say it was $382 in 2019, just 2 years ago. A $300 jump (78%) in 2 years?? I can buy it by the 2.5 gallon jug cheaper than that at Tractor Supply. TSC has only gone up 10% in that same time frame. It used to be less than half the cost, buying it by the barrel. Something seems wrong.

Fertilizer is up exactly 50% since last year too, but I can understand that a little better with fuel costs.

Can anyone explain that price jump, or give some context on if you're seeing the same?

It just seems everyone has their hand in the cookie jar, that's all.

timber

Twelve Pointer

That sounds a little high unless it was the powermax which think is a 48%. Last I heard on the regular 41% was around 18 a gallon in the totes. The powermax is higher price but can cut the rate. Think they have another new one like powermax but little stronger.

Rescue44

Twelve Pointer
Fertilizer is going to continue to increase from what I've been told...like multiple times in a week. Some ag chemicals are not easy to get. Bulk R up was basically unavailable, unless you got the 30 gallon drum. There has been some difficulty this year getting product.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That sounds a little high unless it was the powermax which think is a 48%. Last I heard on the regular 41% was around 18 a gallon in the totes. The powermax is higher price but can cut the rate. Think they have another new one like powermax but little stronger.
Nah, this was 41%. I called another place 5 miles away and they were $120 cheaper. I’d hate to think the good guys down at the crop store were trying to take advantage of their loyal customers.

They didn’t even have bag fertilizer in stock.