Cost of Wood?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Can not believe the cost of wood and what it has done over a few months.
A 4x4x8 that was 4$ range was now 15$
OSB went from 5$ to 18$ range from when I got it 2 months back.

Needless to say the new deer stands will not be built any time soon.
Was going to cost 350$ for 2x4x8 to build the cross braces on 2 stands.
And most the wood is crap! Short of plywood or OSB and they plywood we use also went to 40$ a sheet. Just crazy.

Feel sorry for those that do building and under contract.

Lady behind me had a guy lined up to build a gate on the fence. Because of his work and backed up the cost went up so far he did the job for free to keep from having bad reviews and breaking contract.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had to buy some treated 6x6x12 and they were 48 dollars a piece. I had quoted 6x6x16 at 24.00. What a difference. I really don't like being taken advantage of but I do understand supply and demand.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I under priced a project by 48 percent due to lumber cost and I had a lumber package price locked in with 84 lumber. They just lost multiple contractors for the same reason. If you give me a locked in price for a framing package and I bid the job based on that you should stand behind it. 84 can kiss my Democrat

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Last Monday we got an e-mail that cost on pressure treated was going up .35-.70 a piece depending on size (standard 2x under 10”)

Also we had a supplier try to pull that crap on a job that I’m doing (high end town homes). Roughly a 300,000 dollar lumber package and wanted to go up 15% . They were suppose to buy out the lumber package last August when the job started. Had to nip that in the butt real quick since they had the contract for basically all materials on the job, told them they had to eat it or I’m canceling everything else and they can eat all the stuff they already have sitting in warehouses just like the lumber should have been.

I had a meeting with the owner of the project and looks like we are going to postpone phase 2 of the project as well due to increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Stumpage prices aren’t going up, must be a back up in the processing part of the tree to useable lumber process.

BigD

Spike
If any of you can use band sawed air dried lumber for your projects just call or text me. If I don’t have it I can saw it.