Coronavirus tips

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got some good insight from Dr. Powell today. He is considered a very well respected diagnostician in Central and Eastern NC. He told me that it is true this mess has been around since November a d the medical community did not know what it was. He said there has been alot of undiagnosed cases all over NC since November. Some folks are testing negative but still have the symptoms as of today. He went on to tell me that almost everyone is going to get this mess or some version of it. The biggest reason for the shutdown this month was that the medical community was scared, very scared that too many would get it at once and collapse every thing from the stock market , to the hospitals. He said that after this week if the numbers are low we should see stuff open back up hopefully.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got some good insight from Dr. Powell today. He is considered a very well respected diagnostician in Central and Eastern NC. He told me that it is true this mess has been around since November a d the medical community did not what it was. He said there has been alot of undiagnosed cases all over NC since November. Some folks are testing negative but still have the symptoms as of today. He went on to tell me that almost everyone is going to get this mess or some version of it. The biggest reason for the shutdown this month was that the medical community was scared, very scared that too many would get it at once and collapse every thing from the stock market , to the hospitals. He said that after this week if the numbers are low we should see stuff open back up hopefully.
I'm loving that news..I hope he's 100% accurate.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm loving that news..I hope he's 100% accurate.
My wife says he is the best.... and she knows alot of the good and bad doctors in Central NC. One of the heads over the UNC nursing school has also told me personally that Dr. Ronald Powell is the best diagnostician . He is very well respected in the Wake Med community

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife says he is the best.... and she knows alot of the good and bad doctors in Central NC. One of the heads over the UNC nursing school has also told me personally that Dr. Ronald Powell is the best diagnostician . He is very well respected in the Wake Med community
I have had almost perfect attendance from my last two jobs, I have over 6 months of sick leave due to just plain not getting sick thank our good Lord. This year I've missed more time than ever with two very different bouts of "sick", the first was respiratory and fever the second was a plain ol' flu bug with chills, fever, the whole typical flu bug.
I know there was something very bad going around, it just wasn't recognized by anyone except those of us who have had it. It wasn't fun, I missed a straight 7 days of work the first time and 4 days the next (the flu was much easier on me than the previous crap).

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have had almost perfect attendance from my last two jobs, I have over 6 months of sick leave due to just plain not getting sick thank our good Lord. This year I've missed more time than ever with two very different bouts of "sick", the first was respiratory and fever the second was a plain ol' flu bug with chills, fever, the whole typical flu bug.
I know there was something very bad going around, it just wasn't recognized by anyone except those of us who have had it. It wasn't fun, I missed a straight 7 days of work the first time and 4 days the next (the flu was much easier on me than the previous crap).
Dr. Powell said it took the medical community to the month of March to figure this out. He said they have just figured out this mess in the last 3 weeks.
Crazy....
I imagine alot of folks on here had it this past year. He said the virus presents itself similar to the flu and pnuemonia but patients tested negative in both cases.
I know of several folks in Rockingham county was sick with these same symptoms back in December but they did not know what they had. A couple of them had to be hospitalized.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was sick terribly back in February/March. Lots were out at work for 3-5 days.

I can’t remember if it was Dr. Powell or Hargett that I saw that time.

Reactions: jug

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
@DBCooper I'm leaking TOP SECRET info regarding an uber secret machine that bundles pallets call THE PALLETIZER. Only a select few special agents operate these specialized pieces of machinery. One of them is on this forum ;)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
There are some studies out of Europe showing that people can test positive, then subsequently test negative for the virus several days later, then test positive again a few days after that. The viral load ebbs and flows, which is why people can have false negatives, or test positive, then test negative shortly afterwards. Now, these studies are small sample sizes and there has not been a lot of time to really get a great grasp on this virus and testing trends.
And taking into account if swab doesn't get in right area to collect enough can get false neg. I wonder what is it more of improper collecting, collecting to soon, lab error, or just not efficient enough system to check samples. Or some of each get this with flu as well is it just a flawed viral testing system or is it that ebb and flow lot of questions as to why the positives then neg or vice versa

Reactions: jug