Coronavirus tips

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Have not heard :donk:donk:donk:donk so far.....
Good thing more people dont have the symptoms or we would be seeing a cluster****.... as tightline would say.
I am starting to think the CDC is nothing more than the DMV with more money.
I'd say your bout right on that I'm sure it's frustrating as can be

Reactions: jug

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Good thing more people dont have the symptoms or we would be seeing a cluster****.... as tightline would say.

I know a guy that was tested and he finally got his results today (day 10). He was negative.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
You try and run a lab that suddenly gets hundreds of thousands of tests for a test that didn't even exist a month ago.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You try and run a lab that suddenly gets hundreds of thousands of tests for a test that didn't even exist a month ago.
I understand really... Wake Med told us 3 to 5 days . ....last Friday.
Now they told us this morning there is a backlog of 600plus.
Baptist hospital in Winston Salem has a back load of 5000 plus.
I dont blame the labs .
The CDC put out alot of info when this mess broke. The news media ran with it. Now the CDC cant back pedal. I get it , they dont want people to panic, so they did not come out and say...... we dont know what to do with this one.
As my wife told me from the beginning.... they are literally learning day by day in this . They should have told us the truth is all.
Dont matter how old you are , the symptoms were the same for me as they were for my 22 yr old daughter.
Luckily we had the info, the drugs, the albuterol inhalers . I hate it for the people who dont and dont know what to do.

Last edited:

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve talked with 3 different people who have been tested. All were sick with flu like symptoms, tested negative for flu, and were subsequently tested for COVID19. All three tested negative and had results inside of 5 days. If I was sick with COVID19 symptoms for 10 days and 6-7-8 days had gone by after my test was administered and I hadn’t heard from anyone.....someone in the office that tested me would know my voice and name by heart I’d be calling them so frequently.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Well sending good vibes your way that its just “disney crud”

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think it all boils down to which lab and when they were received. I’ve been sent home because I was around a customer that got tested a couple days after our meeting. He was tested on Sunday. Still no news from that. Have heard about a couple others and they got results back with a couple days.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Glad to hear yall have been improving Jug. Keep it up man no matter what the diagnosis is y'all seem to have had it rough. Glad to see you and your family doing better.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wake Med finally called to say my test results are negative for Covid 19.
Apparently you can have all the symptoms and still test negative.
Wonder when will that make the news???
Cant go anywhere even if I could get off the damn couch. We got to wait on my wifes test results now.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Cant go anywhere even if I could get off the damn couch. We got to wait on my wifes test results now.
Great news Jug. Hope you feel fine for the turkey season.
Still praying for your wife and all of those on the front lines with this mess.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns

The symptoms aren't exactly specific though, are they? It isn't like Chicken Pox where you can point and say, "There it is."

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns

You say you can't get off the couch......still? Been sick for two weeks?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My
The symptoms aren't exactly specific though, are they? It isn't like Chicken Pox where you can point and say, "There it is."
My symptoms started off as sore throat and sinus drainage and feeling achy.
Cough started on the 2nd day.
Fever showed up on the 4today.
The pnuemonia symptoms and short of breath also showed up on the 4th and 5th day. Cough a hundred times a day since then. The runny nose went away on day 9.
One day you feel good the next day you back on the couch.
My daughter felt pretty good yesterday and last night she got scared. She started having heart palpitations and short of breath. This morning she seems fine.
I have not had diarrhea bit one day but my wife and daughter has had it for 3 days.
I would be in the hospital without my albuterol inhaler. My 22 yr old daughter is having to use one as does my wife.
Friggin Chinese flu ain't no joke.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You say you can't get off the couch......still? Been sick for two weeks?
Today is day 14 for me.....but my tests are negative..... one of my customers who use to be a teacher at UNC school of nursing told me last Thursday that this mess could last 4 weeks.
How about a few panic buttons???

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Disney Crud,,,,

next time - fish elsewhere!!

timber

Twelve Pointer
Curious how accurate test are. Wifes mom is in nursing home that has confirmed virus. Several in hospital. They tested them all wensday got results back saturday that all were positive. They call sunday say they made mistake all the others including sone staff were positive but she was only negative. Either the test was wrong or she needs be buying lottery ticket.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve talked with 3 different people who have been tested. All were sick with flu like symptoms, tested negative for flu, and were subsequently tested for COVID19. All three tested negative and had results inside of 5 days. If I was sick with COVID19 symptoms for 10 days and 6-7-8 days had gone by after my test was administered and I hadn’t heard from anyone.....someone in the office that tested me would know my voice and name by heart I’d be calling them so frequently.
We tell ppl 10 days - 2 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Does it really matter if he has it or not? Just self quarantine and do what you need to do, you'll get through it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Curious how accurate test are. Wifes mom is in nursing home that has confirmed virus. Several in hospital. They tested them all wensday got results back saturday that all were positive. They call sunday say they made mistake all the others including sone staff were positive but she was only negative. Either the test was wrong or she needs be buying lottery ticket.

Anecdotal story alert. A nurse on my wifes Facebook group got sick and tested negative, got worse and tested negative a 2nd time. Only when he got to the point jug was with low oxygen did they get a positive. Totally anecdotal story so take with a grain of salt.

Keep your head up jug and keep an eye on the family.

However I took this snippet from a WSJ story that's more scientific.

Another researcher said anecdotal reports peg the genetic coronavirus tests being used in the United States at about 85 percent sensitive. That means that for someone who has the virus, there’s a 15 percent chance they test negative. A critical-care blog, EMCrit, estimated that the genetic tests are about 75 percent sensitive and suggests that a single negative swab doesn’t rule out the disease.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Please let me know when you're going duck hunting...I'll stay home since I resemble that remark and don't want an @$$ full of steel shot.

you're OK,,,,I was taught to ID my targets,,,and especially important when you grew up duck hunting under the point system,,,,would get a head slap for shooting a hen mallard (100 point duck),,,much less a human