Coronavirus part deux

red neck richie

Ten Pointer
Anyone else notice how the left was saying that it was irresponsible when protesters gathered to question the constitutional legality of a lockdown . They were spreading the virus. But with all the blm protests nothing out of them. Hypocrisy at its finest.

stiab

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Anyone else notice how the left was saying that it was irresponsible when protesters gathered to question the constitutional legality of a lockdown . They were spreading the virus. But with all the blm protests nothing out of them. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Yep, that fact was not lost on me.

ellwoodjake

Eight Pointer
This is "Murica. and AS "Muricans, we have right to assemble, as long as the assembly is not a church. But because of the 'Rona, assemblies for a funeral are restricted to 50 people, unless the funeral is for George Floyd. See how simple this is. Now try to keep up.:unsure:

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I pointed out all of these idiotic hypocrisies an more to my inlaws(who are very liberal) on their last zoom meeting and they had not noticed any of them and did not want to notice them.

stiab

Ten Pointer
Contributor
But wait, the ultra left leaning AP says the BLM protests did not cause virus problems, according to "experts"...

https://my.earthlink.net/channel/news/article/us?guid=20200701/8d13f361-2202-4681-aa4b-9f63d081ef79

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So cases are increasing in urban areas across the country, but they are NOT due to thousands of people nationwide, tightly grouped, running , yelling , spitting, wiping tear gas from their faces, and rubbing all over each other and the police.

The lack of spacing and hygiene was documented on every news outlet in the nation. Don’t try to tell us now that families eating in restaurants caused the increase.

I believe I will appoint myself as an “expert” and just cite my own opinion. What is passing for science these days is laughable.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Because everyone knows that shouting and screaming at the top of your lungs with straight up hatred filled rage sends all kinds of spittle and airborne buggers all over anyone within several feet around you. And that mask that you're swearing made from that Black Lives Matter bandana pulled down around your neck isn't doing it's job that you've been brainwashed to believe that it's capable of doing. So if you're looking to put blame on who's responsible for transmitting the virus to the masses of younger folks being infected....well that answers easy...Blame TRUMP...he's the one responsible for all this virus stuff anyway. CNN's got your back..... ;) :eek:

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Church bad. Protest good. I'm not surprised as I expected this.....

there is little "evidence" for any of the BS,,,,,

but to say one kind of mass gathering is OK, but others is not just flies in the face of ANY sort of logical thinking,,,

unless,,,,unless,,,yes,,,,just maybe,,,,,

TDS is the cure for Corona COVID-19!!!!

this is my Nobel Prize in Medicine moment,,,,,let me savor in it and thank @45/70 hunter for the inspiration,,,,

and remember kids,,,,

it's why they call it "practice",,,,,,,,,,

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
there is little "evidence" for any of the BS,,,,,

but to say one kind of mass gathering is OK, but others is not just flies in the face of ANY sort of logical thinking,,,

unless,,,,unless,,,yes,,,,just maybe,,,,,

TDS is the cure for Corona COVID-19!!!!

this is my Nobel Prize in Medicine moment,,,,,let me savor in it and thank @45/70 hunter for the inspiration,,,,

and remember kids,,,,

View attachment 46681

it's why they call it "practice",,,,,,,,,,
christopher finished his residency at Cone in Greensboro they had a big fancy dinner. We were all standing around talking when the truck driver in me came busting out.

One of his “attending” physicians asked Chris where he thought he’d wind up practicing.

I spoke up really quick and he’s done with practice now. He’s gonna be a real Dr in Asheboro.

for a second the room got kinda quiet.

Helium

Twelve Pointer
A co-worker says his sister keeps trashing him about being selfish for not wearing a mask

She is high up at Frito Lay.. big $.

He brought up a good argument... if just saving 1 life is what you are about... how do you justify working for, promoting, developing, selling, profiting from junk food production and distribution which leads to obesity and diabetes and causes far more deaths than CV-19

Ps he said "she has blood on her hands"

😂

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Over on the laughter thread, there was a post with a frog asking if all the quarantine snack were worth it. Funny thing that I didn't expect while teleworking - I have lost 20 lbs. I was sure with the refrigerator and pantry not far away that I would gain weight.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Over on the laughter thread, there was a post with a frog asking if all the quarantine snack were worth it. Funny thing that I didn't expect while teleworking - I have lost 20 lbs. I was sure with the refrigerator and pantry not far away that I would gain weight.
Don't worry I seem to have found most them pounds😁

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
A co-worker says his sister keeps trashing him about being selfish for not wearing a mask

She is high up at Frito Lay.. big $.

He brought up a good argument... if just saving 1 life is what you are about... how do you justify working for, promoting, developing, selling, profiting from junk food production and distribution which leads to obesity and diabetes and causes far more deaths than CV-19

Ps he said "she has blood on her hands"

😂
Hey have him ask her why the hell they quit making bbq Fritos them things were awesome!

stiab

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Dare County settles one lawsuit by non-resident property owners who were denied access, says they won't do that again (storms excluded). There are more lawsuits still pending. Regardless of their intentions, I wonder why a group of non-elected bureaucrats though they had that authority?

stiab

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just trying to see how much power they can grab...
No doubt you are right about that. But to settle the suit the county certainly received legal advise that they didn't have a leg to stand on. I wonder where that same legal advise was back in March? It seems to have been poorly handled.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
fear in the people allows power plays by those "in charge",,,,,

fear will be our countries downfall,,,

fear of "covid" (or the next scary disease)
fear of getting called out on PC issues,,,
fear of your own past,,,
fear of the future,,,

fear,,,,

this country is rapidly becoming not one of explorers, adventurers, pioneers, and nation builders,,,,but one of "citizens" and urbanites,,,,weak vestiges of our former selves,,,

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That pretty much nails it. Much of Americans’ attitudes and activities are driven by fear.

You could add...

Fear of the unknown
Fear of supply shortages
Fear of blame
Fear of death
Fear of lawsuits
Fear of other people

The list is endless. People of courage are mostly absent from our public arenas. In order to succeed in government, education, or business today you must set aside any and all personal convictions and cater to the sentiment of that hour. Anyone with convictions and the courage to risk their own success for what they know to be true has been cast aside. Our country is now reaping the harvest (and will continue to) from those seeds sown.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

nchunter2

Six Pointer
fear in the people allows power plays by those "in charge",,,,,

fear will be our countries downfall,,,

fear of "covid" (or the next scary disease)
fear of getting called out on PC issues,,,
fear of your own past,,,
fear of the future,,,

fear,,,,

this country is rapidly becoming not one of explorers, adventurers, pioneers, and nation builders,,,,but one of "citizens" and urbanites,,,,weak vestiges of our former selves,,,
"Citizens"....no, more like subjects.

HarryNC

Six Pointer
Here is a link to the CDC website so everyone can see for themselves how virus deaths have plummeted to a mere fraction of previous levels. But that is GOOD news, so the MSM does not want us to know it...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
Yes, it's good news. I think we've made advances in treatment since the start of the year, and the average age of those testing positive is dropping, and these younger people have a higher survival rate.

The number that I pay the most attention to, though, is the number of people hospitalized on a daily basis (not cumulative). It continues to trend up in NC, FL, TX, AZ, etc. Not so good news.