Coronavirus part deux

chef

Eight Pointer
It won't last. It was 90 degrees today. We were out and about in Durham. I wore the mask (sort of) in Target but everywhere else it was so hot. No way people are wearing it in June and july

Helium

Twelve Pointer
It won't last. It was 90 degrees today. We were out and about in Durham. I wore the mask (sort of) in Target but everywhere else it was so hot. No way people are wearing it in June and july
Exactly my thought... the people arguing for masks will silently stop wearing them come July

Rescue44

Twelve Pointer
You can get AIDS from many other ways .

Would you feel better if I used Tuberculosis, vehicle accidents, drunk driving, etc?

It’s called calculated risks. By this time next year (and I give it that long due to the politics) Covid 19 will be a thing of the past.. a blurb on the radar AND not because of a vaccine. Even if a vaccine is created then it will. Not end it.. just lessen it like the flu.
The link I'm posting is not exactly what I was looking for. Dr. Fauci, some time back, when asked about the virus "going away " with hot humid weather said something to this effect...usually viruses this contagious don't just go away. I hope you are correct and Dr. Fauci is not.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I wonder if it's just CYA for him..he don't want his name and face associated with the recession that's probably coming.
He has to know that is impossible, he is smart enough for that.. likely political pressure. However, he has said since day one that he is only looking at this from a public health perspective..

I wonder if he is finally realizing that there is more to public health than this one virus. As we see child abuse reports fall (not because child abuse has gone down but because they are not out where it can be recognized), domestic violence rise, Suicide rates increase, alcohol and drug dependence rise, death rates from stroke and heart attacks go up because folks are scared to go to the hospital, and long term potentially terminal conditions going undiagnosed. he may finally be seeing that the "cure" is worse than the disease.

Triggermortis

Ten Pointer
I will not. I support their right to require mask in the lobby, but I will not financially support them while they do. I am not mad, I was not ugly.. I consider them friends, been going there for years and years.. but I was clear with them that the decision is going to cost them my business until it changes or permanently if I find another qualified provider sans the hoops. Simple business decision on both our parts.

BTW for me that applies to any business.. if they REQUIRE that I wear a mask then they decided they did not want my money, simple as that. Just because they bought into the hysteria does not mean I have to condone it.
I'm sure your dentist would rather not have it that way, but it may not be entirely his choice. The measures they are taking are likely guidelines from the ADA that they are strongly suggested to follow. While the ADA cannot enforce them, patients who come in who are the least bit uncomfortable with the setup can call the health dept and complain, and word gets back to the practice with those complaints.

The medical practice where I work is very similar. We fall under the aegis of a larger association, with strong recommendations for measures to use for the supposed protection of patients and staff. Like it or not, that is where things stand at this point. While I understand the majority of the sentiment on this forum and agree with it, there is a greater majority of the populace that probably does not land in the same place.

My guess is that the average age of the patients that we see is about 70 years old, and that demographic is all about seeing the measures that our practice is taking for their protection. If we were not taking the steps that we are at the present time, it is arguable that we would be seeing less patients rather than more, especially if word of mouth indicated that so and so went to so and so place and they saw that there appeared to be no concern for patient safety.

I am all about giving some grace to folks at this time. The only people I refuse to give any grace to are politicians and bureacrats.......

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like the da Governor of Va making face mask mandatory starting Friday
Right after a picture was taken of him taking selfies in face to face proximity and of course he was not wearing a mask.

Almost as bad as the witch from Michigan telling folks in her daily debrief prior to Memorial not to flock to the Traverse City area and then come to find out that she has a vacation home in Traverse City and her husband went up there to try and get their boat in the water before anyone else's.

Hunting Nut

Ten Pointer
Right after a picture was taken of him taking selfies in face to face proximity and of course he was not wearing a mask.

Almost as bad as the witch from Michigan telling folks in her daily debrief prior to Memorial not to flock to the Traverse City area and then come to find out that she has a vacation home in Traverse City and her husband went up there to try and get their boat in the water before anyone else's.
And this witch is being considered as running mate to Biden.... Just sad times.

Shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
At work we have to wear face mask while on the floor on our forklifts even while we are yards away from any other drivers in the heat and humidity. Meanwhile in the 20 by 20 office with 6 cubicles and 6 people crammed in the AC they dont require masks. So backwards its sad.

Hunting Nut

Ten Pointer
At work we have to wear face mask while on the floor on our forklifts even while we are yards away from any other drivers in the heat and humidity. Meanwhile in the 20 by 20 office with 6 cubicles and 6 people crammed in the AC they dont require masks. So backwards its sad.
Sad ? That's about normal. "Do as we say, not as we do".
That has become the world we live in today. Precedent set from all our leaders down.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
what we already knew detailed and focused factual analysis: media, techno elites panic the world for political power.

Hunting Nut

Ten Pointer
what we already knew detailed and focused factual analysis: media, techno elites panic the world for political power.

And right there...... the hand wringers and knee shakers have it. All this "We're all gonna die" is just a load of crap !
Or was it more of a "Nancy's of the world Unite" kind of thing ???
Grown men should be ashamed of themselves.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got this screenshot from a friend how how The New York Times counts deaths. We tried to see what information was on tv but in 1 hour of viewing this morning we saw 0 coverage. Must be over ;)
That's the CDC recommendations..all states are counting these and more as Covid deaths. There's no way of knowing, since testing isn't being done, who actually had it and recovered or who died from it. So those that had it and recovered "never had it" per CDC unless tested, but those that never had it and died from something not related at all to the Covid virus "had it"......yeah, that makes perfect sense....
And people are still listening to numbers being made up and spouted by tax payer based organizations and taxpayer based branches of the government like the nice, sweet, gullible little sheep that they are. They aren't interested in any form of the truth since Big Daddy government is keeping them safe, fed and throws them a stimulus check to keep them happy.

timekiller13

Twelve Pointer
Yesterday at work, I checked my email for our daily COVID update. My hospital has performed 1276 tests. 68 were positive, currently have 33 pending. So that's a roughly 5% positive testing rate, not counting pending. That's pretty damn low, especially considering that for the longest time, we were only testing those who very sick or those who had a known exposure. Now we are testing almost everyone, anyone that needs surgery, anyone that gets admitted, etc.

I showed my butt yesterday at work. I am so tired of all the BS related to COVID, I had a moment where I let some people know exactly where they could shove their rules. Didn't take but about 5 minutes after my rant that I was in my supervisors office. Fortunately, he has my back, and agreed with everything I said, although advised me to be a little more tactful next time.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
monkeys hiding the evidence,,,,,,,
Driving around greenville today getting my kid a buzz cut and some Sam Jones Bbq and its is a MADHOUSE. Traffic is insane businesses packed. Good to see people back at work let's hope those hospitalizations drop some and we get back to full normal!!!

Helium

Twelve Pointer
Driving around greenville today getting my kid a buzz cut and some Sam Jones Bbq and its is a MADHOUSE. Traffic is insane businesses packed. Good to see people back at work let's hope those hospitalizations drop some and we get back to full normal!!!
So @Shaggy, I’m curious... you still believe the lockdowns etc were a good thing?