Cordless Drill Recommendation

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Bosch, Mikita and Dewalt all good. I didnt use Dewalt in the past but my dad did and he says they are worse than before. Even the big box brands are decent for the average homeowner working on projects.

That said, my 18v has been going strong for years. I have a few backup batteries from my other dewalt tools so I just change out the battery and keep going. I would go with the 20v if buying today.

The one brand I would not buy is B&D.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Bosch, Mikita and Dewalt all good. I didnt use Dewalt in the past but my dad did and he says they are worse than before. Even the big box brands are decent for the average homeowner working on projects.

That said, my 18v has been going strong for years. I have a few backup batteries from my other dewalt tools so I just change out the battery and keep going. I would go with the 20v if buying today.

The one brand I would not buy is B&D.

You do know that B&D owns Dewalt?

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Dewalt is junk. No warranty. Go with Milwaukee and don’t look back. Stronger drills built to last and a great warranty that they stand behind. They warrant tools for 5 years and batteries for 3 years.

Cootmeurer

Eight Pointer
I got the Porter Cable drill and driver the last time. They've served me well.

I bought the Porter Cable 20V kit (drill, driver, recipe saw, circular saw, and oscillating saw) and a couple extra batteries and still came out $100 less than Dewalt and Ryobi. Have had and used it extensively for 2 years and still happy.

Mounthunter987

Button Buck
I know you said your not a contractor but look into Milwaukee. I have the drills and impact wrenches. All I can say is I’ve never had a problem out of none of my Milwaukee stuff. Also the impact wrenches are extremely stout for their little size. But they also have a lower rpm setting if your working on small stuff as well. I also like how the chargers work for 12v and 18v. That’s nice if you have both systems.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I picked up a kobalt 24v combo set. Our crew guys really like them and the warranty is 5 years. Be careful, the 24v stuff will twist your wrist if you bind up.

Ive had it for about a month now. Ive only used the drill a few times. It has worked fine and I havent had issues. I have used the impact much more. We deal with a lot of flanged piping on new and old stuff. I have rebuilt valves and the like with it. Changed the blades on the lawn mower. It has been great so far. I dont regret it.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got a bunch of Ryobi stuff. They all work great and get the job done. I needed a fan for camping and ended up getting the Ryobi fan. Figured I already had 3-4 batteries so it would last me the weekend no problem.