Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
sticker_brand_bcccb64f-108a-4fe6-bb3b-5230c0c199ef_300x.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
got to be able to laugh at yourself,,,,heck I have two yetis,,,gained from sponsorships here and there,,,,and a K2,,,and a grizzly,,and a walmart rotomold,,,,,like them all (well the K2 has sorry latches, but easy fixes),,,,

coolers are coolers,,,,all have their place..including those two free-bees!

Last edited:

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Beat me to it!!!
got to be able to laugh at yourself,,,,heck I have two yetis,,,gained from sponsorships here and there,,,,and a K2,,,and a grizzly,,and a walmart rotomold,,,,,like them all (well the Grizzly has sorry latches, but easy fixes),,,,

yep...our cheap Rubbermaid brand and Coleman Xtreme served us well this summer.

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
got to be able to laugh at yourself,,,,heck I have two yetis,,,gained from sponsorships here and there,,,,and a K2,,,and a grizzly,,and a walmart rotomold,,,,,like them all (well the Grizzly has sorry latches, but easy fixes),,,,

I have 2 K2s from sponsorships as well...how have yours held up? My 90qt lid is warped, and the support has been less than stellar.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
.how have yours held up?

mines no where that big - mines 20 quart - and I made a mistake above , it's that K2 that has the funky latches that fall off but easily go back on

other than that it works great

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Is that stainless Yeti the airstream model? $800 for a small cooler is robbery but so are those $50 yeti buckets.

I do like high dollar coolers, have 2 yeti soft sided that don’t hold ice worth a flip and an Orca 58 which I like a lot.

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
mines no where that big - mines 20 quart - and I made a mistake above , it's that K2 that has the funky latches that fall off but easily go back on

other than that it works great

OK thanks!

I have two very different K2 generations. A first gen 55ish Cube that has marine grade stainless latches. It has been good and is a bit lighter than most. My newer 90 Summit has the latches you speak of. That's the one that the lid has warped on. Other than that it has been pretty good. I am no longer affiliated/sponsored so maybe that is the reason for the cold shoulder treatment from their CS. No idea. Cooler still works, but the lid no longer sits tight to the gasket and it doesn't hold ice for very long. It is now the beater / truck cooler.

I have several of the RTIC soft sided coolers that have been great and when purchased on sale are a bargain and a better design than the YETI soft side.

My current Favorite hard cooler is an Academy Sports Brand: Magellan Ice Box. It is 1/3-1/4 of the cost of a Yeti, has ~ the same insulation and build and has several additional features that I love (preferred latches, integrated bottle openers, much better drain design, and a matte finish). Hard to beat for the money and Academy accepts competitor's coupons (easy 20% off with a Dicks or Dunhams coupon), and they are offering 10% off for LEO/First Responders/Mil.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
whatever you gotta say about a yeti, they surely changed the cooler landscape and have to have the best ads in the history of outdoor equipment.

academy is also great for their private label equipment. Their two dollar hard baits for bass are incredible imo. If their cooler is as good as those I would look at them. Thanks Matty.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Yeti prices are stupid but at least Yeti company educated buyers about how to not be stupid when using a cooler.
I have a 45 quart family gave me as a Christmas present but honestly I prefer to use my other coolers if possible. I don't feel comfortable leaving the Yeti unlocked or even locked but uncovered especially when parking my vehicles in remote areas (like downtown Durham lol). I do appreciate and use the Yeti when i am camping (especially in Sept/Oct/Nov hunts) for 3 days or longer where ice is quite some driving distance away.

Einstein

Six Pointer
OK thanks!

I have two very different K2 generations. A first gen 55ish Cube that has marine grade stainless latches. It has been good and is a bit lighter than most. My newer 90 Summit has the latches you speak of. That's the one that the lid has warped on. Other than that it has been pretty good. I am no longer affiliated/sponsored so maybe that is the reason for the cold shoulder treatment from their CS. No idea. Cooler still works, but the lid no longer sits tight to the gasket and it doesn't hold ice for very long. It is now the beater / truck cooler.

I have several of the RTIC soft sided coolers that have been great and when purchased on sale are a bargain and a better design than the YETI soft side.

My current Favorite hard cooler is an Academy Sports Brand: Magellan Ice Box. It is 1/3-1/4 of the cost of a Yeti, has ~ the same insulation and build and has several additional features that I love (preferred latches, integrated bottle openers, much better drain design, and a matte finish). Hard to beat for the money and Academy accepts competitor's coupons (easy 20% off with a Dicks or Dunhams coupon), and they are offering 10% off for LEO/First Responders/Mil.

Wait a minute, do you mean you print off these generic 20% off Dunham’s coupons and academy accepts them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk