Cool old hunting pic

roughrider

Six Pointer
you know what they are doing, don't you?
Planting Tobacco of course.

I can't guarantee it is one of the ones in the picture- but I have one of those old hand planters from my grandpa hanging in my garage.

My uncles both still farm(my mom was the baby in the family, and my dad wasn't in the farming business except for a couple early years to help put food on the table) They stick to corn/soybean/wheat and Sod now, but I'll always miss checking the barns with my grandpa and the smell of that tobacco curing.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Roughrider, have 2 of my grandpa’s hickory bacca pegs from 20’s & 30’s….Depression times. They fit my hand like a glove….oh if they could talk. I can remember dropping plants in a hand planter for my daddy….many days ago and nothing but a memory tucked back in my mind.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I still have a Woolrich wool coat I inherited........dang thing must weigh 15 pounds! It's for sittin.........not walkin!!

View attachment 84020
My wife and I each had vintage ones, but sold them on Ebay last year. Not only heavy, but they smelled to high heaven, which we were never able to get out with cedar shaving, etc.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
You ever noticed in those old pictures that many of the hunters wore ties back then. Same is true for some of the old pictures of farmers. Imagine what members would say if you wore a tie to one of your hunting club events this day and age.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
You ever noticed in those old pictures that many of the hunters wore ties back then. Same is true for some of the old pictures of farmers. Imagine what members would say if you wore a tie to one of your hunting club events this day and age.
I'm also surprised at how many were clean shaven to the point that it looks like they shaved that morning.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Babe Ruth hunting photo! cool!

From Google:
Offered here is an amazing photo featuring Babe Ruth on a 1937 hunting trip in Nova Scotia, Canada. Pictured from left to right are Jack Matthews, Babe Ruth, their hunting guide, and Bob Edge. Matthews, a former cavalry officer, lived in Stockton, New York and his wife owned the River’s Edge Restaurant in Lambertville, New Jersey. Bob Edge was a sports and game commentator and enthusiast from the 1940’s, as well as a contributor to Outdoor Life and Field & Stream magazines. The photograph depicts what looks to be a very successful hunt in the wilderness of Nova Scotia in the late 1930’s. This unique piece highlights Ruth’s life outside of baseball as an avid outdoorsman. His party hunted moose, deer, bear, and game birds on his three week trip as pictured here