Cool morning for spanish

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
It's a bit cooler than I like to go fishing this morning but when the sun comes up it'll warm up no doubt. This will probably be our last trip out this season since all Cap'n Frank likes to do is troll for Spanish. Next week becomes hunting season for me and then maybe a little pier fishing on nice winter days, which we have a lot of down east. If history repeats itself we'll probably catch more blues than anything else. We shall see.

Attachments

• cap'n frank 18.jpg
    cap'n frank 18.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 43

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Well I was definitely right about the weather. It was not cool but cold when we hit the inlet at 7am and it didn't get warm til we hit the marina at 12:30pm. But I was definitely wrong about the catch. 18 Spanish and only 3 small blues. And fyi the Spanish were still biting but these two old men were worn out with a bunch to clean so we left some out there for others. We flushed out the motor and put the cover on until next spring, probably early May.

Attachments

• span last.jpg
    span last.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 63
  • span last2.jpg
    span last2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 63
  • cap'n frank last.jpg
    cap'n frank last.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 58
  • sunrise last.jpg
    sunrise last.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 54

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Don't know how I misnamed the sunrise pic. Just a senior moment I guess. I meant to post this last sunrise I'll see from out on the water for this year. And it was a pretty one.

Attachments

• sunrise last1.jpg
    sunrise last1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 23

Speckhunter

Button Buck
I'll bet those were good on a grill...…...
I've yet t catch a Spanish...would just love to do that....but always seem to be fall trips to OBX for me and not late summer.