Conman....

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't catch them often but in my experience the big ones are always further out and on bar with waves breaking.

Not the ones I've been getting in to. Falling tide, sandfleas dressed with Fishbites in the trough on rips. I've caught a dozen or so in the one pound class. That fish yesterday was the best, so far. 2# 5 oz.

JohnBoat

Banned
Not the ones I've been getting in to. Falling tide, sandfleas dressed with Fishbites in the trough on rips. I've caught a dozen or so in the one pound class. That fish yesterday was the best, so far. 2# 5 oz.

I usually catch small ones in those situations. Though I don't fish in good pomp weather enough to really have a trusted opinion non them.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I don't catch them often but in my experience the big ones are always further out and on bar with waves breaking.

I’m in the same boat as you. Rarely ever there for pomp weather. I know some bonafide pomp slayers and they fish the second bar on the out side with fleas (for large 1lb+). Obviously they’re caught up close too, as mike pointed out

JohnBoat

Banned
I’m in the same boat as you. Rarely ever there for pomp weather. I know some bonafide pomp slayers and they fish the second bar on the out side with fleas (for large 1lb+). Obviously they’re caught up close too, as mike pointed out

Yep, that's where almost all my big ones have come from. Talked to a guy who really knows his stuff on Pomp's and he told me he targets any hump or bar with waves breaking on it. Sometimes it only last for a little while depending on the tidal phase. Said he moves around a lot. If you check out the guys who commercial fish for them in Florida they all have long rods for casting far to reach the pomp.