Congrats to Roy

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Don't reply unless you have something good to say

Congrats to Roy on being the fastest coach to reach 900 wins. Shows why he is tbe best out there.

Now he has just to keep on with the good recruiting.

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Should schedule Marquette later in season. Would’ve got there sooner

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well Roy never coached anywhere but an established blue blood program.

He SHOULD have been the fastest to 900 compared with others who coached at bad schools and had to build a program losing before they got around to dominating.

It's a fickle life for coaches. I peeked at IC after the Marquette loss. They sure werent applauding roy.
It was fun to hear about the 7-1 freshman showing up the starters yesterday.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

He SHOULD have been the fastest to 900 compared with others who coached at bad schools and had to build a program losing before they got around to dominating.

It's a fickle life for coaches. I peeked at IC after the Marquette loss. They sure werent applauding roy.

agreed with the first part but he took over a program was was terrible and won a national championship the second year there. We certainly weren’t dominating under Daugherty which is a shame because i really liked him and still do.

you’re right it’s a fickle life. Ups and downs. With winning comes expectations of winning.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
agreed with the first part but he took over a program was was terrible and won a national championship the second year there. We certainly weren’t dominating under Daugherty which is a shame because i really liked him and still do.

you’re right it’s a fickle life. Ups and downs. With winning comes expectations of winning.

Daugherty is the most hated coach in history. Yet he is the only one that attempted to make Dickie Vitals drivel legitimate.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
poor roy- he's getting torched this morning for that loss at syracuse. IC.
how they lose to a midget squad with their only big hurt is beyond their comprehension.
Since i've seen roy por a long time i'm not too surprised.
He'll beat duke though to complete a puzzling year.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
poor roy- he's getting torched this morning for that loss at syracuse. IC.
how they lose to a midget squad with their only big hurt is beyond their comprehension.
Since i've seen roy por a long time i'm not too surprised.
He'll beat duke though to complete a puzzling year.

I hope he doesn't beat Duke...

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
If Duke beats em this weekend and the heels lose inthe first round of the ACC ol Roy will be feeling some major heat.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
If Duke beats em this weekend and the heels lose inthe first round of the ACC ol Roy will be feeling some major heat.

no he won’t, he’s won 3 national championships since he’s been there and the last one is still in recent memory. This is not a hot seat year for anyone. Everyone knows this is not a normal year. None of these younger teams got to practice together or play tune up games for a long time. So many missed games, no team has been able to stay in the flow. Kentucky, Duke and Carolina would look completely different if this was a normal year. But it’s not, and it’s not their fault. Just victims of circumstance. It benefits the non blue blood schools though.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats to the Goat. One heck of a season for him.

mods isnt this trolling????

Well they did better than duke, state, ecu and a every other NC teams.
UNCG and app also lost in the first round as well. State in the Nit and duke didnt make anything.
UNC will be a force next year. Count on it.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
mods isnt this trolling????

Well they did better than duke, state, ecu and a every other NC teams.
UNCG and app also lost in the first round as well. State in the Nit and duke didnt make anything.
UNC will be a force next year. Count on it.

Nah. He persevered through a covid season at his age and got them to the NCAA. That’s an improvement over last year for sure.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Walker Kessler is transferring and there are rumors of others leaving. Gonna be sticky until this crap settles.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Walker Kessler is transferring and there are rumors of others leaving. Gonna be sticky until this crap settles.

I was very sad to see that earlier today. I would guess Kessler wasn’t happy with playing time and realistically he should have been playing more than brooks but sad to see him go. We live in a generation of I want more and I want I want it now.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
What "crap" are you referring to?

There are rumors that bacot, love, sharpe along with Kessler might all be playing elsewhere next season. Brooks also has a year of eligibility left due to covid and he said he might play elsewhere. He isn’t good to begin with so that’s not a loss.

Apparently their daddies are not happy with Roy. They’re upset that he can’t make them play defense or hit free throws. It honestly wouldn’t bother me if they all left except Kessler. Kessler probably just didn’t want to play with a bunch of thug like homies and I don’t blame him. Carolina could be really really bad next year. They need to take that liberal message off the back of their jerseys and play for the name on the front.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns

That's true but he also knew to pick what horses to back. Surely he didn't have to spend a decade as an Assistant to Dean. He could have easily gotten hired as a head coach elsewhere at a less illustrious program than Kansas.