congrats NC,,, another record,,,,

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I got behind a trash truck on US 1 the other day and it was spewing trash in all directions. I was getting ready to call * HP ,when a State Trooper passed me and the trash truck. Trooper never slowed down , never even looked at the trash blowing all over the road.. I took picture of trash truck tag and troopers tag and called *HP to report it. I asked for a call back on what was done. That was over 3 weeks ago and I have not heard anything back. It just proves that
Nobody cares anymore.
Thank you for trying. My wife and I report 'em ever chance we get as well. I don't usually ask for a call back but I will in the future.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Can’t stand a litterer! While this method of reporting litterbugs has no real teeth, the violator does get a letter from NCDOT letting them know when, where, and what was seen being discarded from their vehicle. Been reporting sheet heads for many years.

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
“Jesus would be so disappointed.” -my wife.

as for me, I kinda want to execute folks who litter. But I don’t. I do pick up the roads around my house though.

I moved to the country bc I hate people. Seeing the litter makes me hate them more.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You know, I ride a bike several miles a week on mostly deserted roads and have for a few years. In that time I remember seeing only 1 littered bag from a ChickFilA place. And ChickfilA is the busiest place around.

Its an entirely different story from what I see from Bojangles, Hardees, Biscuitville, McDonalds, Popeyess, etc.

Just sayin..........

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Curious. If we exclude empty purple drank bottles, skittles wrappers, plastic blunt tips and crime scene tape from the metro areas, where does that leave us?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Can’t stand a litterer! While this method of reporting litterbugs has no real teeth, the violator does get a letter from NCDOT letting them know when, where, and what was seen being discarded from their vehicle. Been reporting sheet heads for many years.

It probably wasn't my finest hour, but getting off 220 at Hwy 42 in Asheboro, the car in front of me at the stop light opened the driver's door and gently dropped food wrappers, styrofoam cups, and paper bags on the asphalt.

Soooooo, I followed them and everytime we stopped at a light, I yelled out the window, "HEY, YOU <bad word> SLOB. You left your garbage on the road back there."

Got them at Sunset St, Sunset & Park, Sunset & Church, missed Church & Kivett, but I made up for it at Church & Walker, and Walker @ Fayetteville.

They were getting tired of me by that point, so they kicked it a little faster than I drive going south.

As an aside, the litter I really hate seeing is the empty corn bags. C'mon guys. Secure that ****.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I used to shame people all the time for littering and speeding through my neighborhood. Hell, several times about came to blows with punk (and adult) speeders until they realized they didn’t want to accept my invitation to step into my yard, lol.

But now into today’s climate, I’ve all but quite quibbling with drivers outside of my neighborhood. Just too dangerous with all this road rage stuff … can get yourself in a pickle pretty quick with the wrong person 😬

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I used to shame people all the time for littering and speeding through my neighborhood. Hell, several times about came to blows with punk (and adult) speeders until they realized they didn’t want to accept my invitation to step into my yard, lol.

But now into today’s climate, I’ve all but quite quibbling with drivers outside of my neighborhood. Just too dangerous with all this road rage stuff … can get yourself in a pickle pretty quick with the wrong person 😬
Yeah, again, not my finest hour. If it had gone figuratively south, and I had to defend myself, I'd a been in a real legal pickle for instigating.

I don't regret it, but it won't happen again.

Probably won't.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
At my place of business this morning and a young lady pulls up to the front door and opens her drivers side door. Doing something, but I can't tell what. Leaves the door open and walks around to the passenger side and opens the door and is doing something again. I get distracted. She leaves and leaves 2 parking spaces, one on each side of her car, full of trash from where she cleaned out her car. Not a customer. Never came in the building. Just cleaned out her car. I hate to use the word worthless, but this is as close as it gets.
That was not a Lady ,

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As an aside, the litter I really hate seeing is the empty corn bags. C'mon guys. Secure that ****.

Yep. And, what ticks me off in addition to them being all over is that most folks are too lazy to "unzip" the bags, instead just knifing 'em.. relegates a perfectly re-usable bag to just pure trash.
Having worked in DOT for many years, I could share stories on this subject that would make any normal persons blood want to boil....

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Yep. And, what ticks me off in addition to them being all over is that most folks are too lazy to "unzip" the bags, instead just knifing 'em.. relegates a perfectly re-usable bag to just pure trash.
Having worked in DOT for many years, I could share stories on this subject that would make any normal persons blood want to boil....

Yeah. What is so hard about nicking a piece of string, and pulling it open? As a guy that sees every bag and box as something to store things in, I find it annoying.

Many corn suppliers actually give credit for reusing a bag, and guys still can't get it right.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Phone books piss me off . The phone company here leaves on on the ground at every mailbox even if you don't have an account with them. Most are left so the dot mowers can shred them and scatter them everywhere.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
What I hate is all the cigarette butts. You can't see them except close up but there are a huge number of them. I still recall right after Hurricane Fran just how nice it was sitting at a red light and looking out to see a nice clean intersection. It only took a few weeks for it to again be covered with cigarette butts. I guess I should blame car manufacturers who remove the ash tray although a smoker today could easily just put an old soup can in one of the cup holders.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What I hate is all the cigarette butts. You can't see them except close up but there are a huge number of them. I still recall right after Hurricane Fran just how nice it was sitting at a red light and looking out to see a nice clean intersection. It only took a few weeks for it to again be covered with cigarette butts. I guess I should blame car manufacturers who remove the ash tray although a smoker today could easily just put an old soup can in one of the cup holders.

This is how I want to react when I see people throw them out haha, a lot of smokers are oblivious that cigarette butts are trash, they think nothing of throwing them out

kyle7630

Twelve Pointer
What really chaps my ass about litter bugs is that there's a trashcan within feet of almost every gas pump you'll ever use. Every time I fill up, I check the oil in the vehicle and toss what little trash I may have in the trashcan. How lazy do you have to be when it's made that incredibly convenient for you? There is absolutely no excuse for throwing trash out of your vehicle.