congrats NC,,, another record,,,,

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
The coastal federation will clean the marshy stretch of road here between Wanchese and Manteo. Every piece of trash gone. Two days later, you’d never know they had cleaned it. Then on top of the sorry people littering, the trash trucks have stuff blowing out non-stop. Even the bridges are littered with trash.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The coastal federation will clean the marshy stretch of road here between Wanchese and Manteo. Every piece of trash gone. Two days later, you’d never know they had cleaned it. Then on top of the sorry people littering, the trash trucks have stuff blowing out non-stop. Even the bridges are littered with trash.

pisses me off to no end,,,

free trash dumping around here and yet folks still back into any trail and dump crap out,,,
then the butt heads throwing trash out the windows,,,
blowing off trash trucks as you mentioned,,,

and just generally don't give a shi'ite about their area,,,,

the ad from the 70s nailed it,,,

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They need to start running that commercial again. Ole Iron Eyes Cody will get there attention. Its sad that people just don't care. I have two guys that live close to me. They litter everything and its all over there yards. I bet you money they do not own a garbage can. Everything is just thrown out around the house. It drives me crazy because I won't
even throw out a straw paper.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I got behind a trash truck on US 1 the other day and it was spewing trash in all directions. I was getting ready to call * HP ,when a State Trooper passed me and the trash truck. Trooper never slowed down , never even looked at the trash blowing all over the road.. I took picture of trash truck tag and troopers tag and called *HP to report it. I asked for a call back on what was done. That was over 3 weeks ago and I have not heard anything back. It just proves that
Nobody cares anymore.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
When I lived in Carolina local dump started refusing old tvs,,wanted you to take them on a 1 hr round trip to another dump .
Started seeing g them along side the road.cant blame em currituck had to get them eventually

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wilkes is really bad. No sooner than it's picked up, a day later it looks horrible again. Sad really....

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
That is why we carry. Law enforcement is too busy and too thin to be everywhere doing everything. They need our help to catch, punish and move on. I ordered one of these roller things for my pickup to unload mulch and light loads. Works pretty good on mulch. All you got to do is place your deer camera near the local roadside dump, get a tag, call a friend for ID. Load not just their junk, load a load of junk, make a midnight delivery, crank off a load in driveway, hit the road and sleep tight,

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve said it over and over, NC has got to be one of the trashiest states I have ever been to. The amount of road side litter is horrendous. I’m also very tired of finding used needles in my front yard. Thank goodness my kids don’t play anywhere close to where I find them. But I have to watch closely when I mow, don’t want to run one over and sling it down through the yard.

I was trout fishing a few weeks ago in Old Fort and I carried out a backpack full of empty bottles and candy wrapper left around the stream.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
When I lived in Carolina local dump started refusing old tvs,,wanted you to take them on a 1 hr round trip to another dump .
Started seeing g them along side the road.cant blame em currituck had to get them eventually

can't blame them?

folks will drive an hour + to buy the stupid arse TVs,,, then can get off their lazy arse and drive an hour to throw them away,,, or put the dump site on your OWN property, not any ol' pull off you can find on other peoples property,,,

can't blame them,,,,, SMDH

Bluecord

Six Pointer
All these fat and happy prisoners need to be the ones doing the road maintenance imo. Make the min security guys now and weedeat....and a chain gang for trash like it used to be.
They do here in Iredell co, they are constantly walking our county rd cleaning it. I know it paused for COVID for some reason, but they have been back at it here recently.

Bluecord

Six Pointer
I’ve said it over and over, NC has got to be one of the trashiest states I have ever been to. The amount of road side litter is horrendous. I’m also very tired of finding used needles in my front yard. Thank goodness my kids don’t play anywhere close to where I find them. But I have to watch closely when I mow, don’t want to run one over and sling it down through the yard.

I was trout fishing a few weeks ago in Old Fort and I carried out a backpack full of empty bottles and candy wrapper left around the stream.
If it’s the one good thing I do in life it’s this and pass this on to my kids. They are 3 and oldest just turned 5 and they take trash out with me. Also it’s funny to see them get so angry about littering (or anything really lol) but they know the deal.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You ain’t seen litter until you have been here . Memphis is the absolute trashiest city I have ever been to…… just a few more days!

I say issue everyone a burn barrel …… cut down on this roadside trash!

Guybo

Eight Pointer
Robeson county is without a doubt the nastiest, trashiest, dirtiest county in the state of NC. I'm ashamed to say that i live here. I work for DOT and see a lot of the county and get a first hand look at just how trashy it really is. It's not just litter it's furniture, mattresses, appliances and pretty much everything. Most of the time the junk will be thrown out within a mile or two of a dumpster site.

We keep our neighborhood picked up but people just keep throwing it out as fast as we pick it up. What really pisses me off is that i live beside US74 and lots of out of state nimrods going to and from the beach come off 74 onto our road and pull off in front of our community and that's usually where they leave their trash. It'll never end it'll only get worse because those that do it just don't care.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Gov Cooper’s first guy to run the DOT mismanaged it terribly. Overspent the budget so badly even the Democrat state auditor came out with a pretty scathing report. So now the DOT is broke, construction projects have been pushed out by years, and maintenance, including trash and mowing, have suffered. So we’re not necessarily littering more—in fact, we’re driving less due to COVID—but DOT just isn’t picking it up.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Gov Cooper’s first guy to run the DOT mismanaged it terribly. Overspent the budget so badly even the Democrat state auditor came out with a pretty scathing report. So now the DOT is broke, construction projects have been pushed out by years, and maintenance, including trash and mowing, have suffered. So we’re not necessarily littering more—in fact, we’re driving less due to COVID—but DOT just isn’t picking it up.

I'm not surprised they're broke. They've been getting my dirt road ready to pave all summer. Typical government work. 7-10 machines/trucks idling all day. One piece of equipment grading, and 10-15 guys "holding up" shovels. Every day repeat. The road was better before they started. I told my wife at this rate, they must have started building the road systems before the dinosaurs.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
This is what drives me crazy about Haywood county. Each city has restrictions on what they will pick up, even though you are paying taxes for trash pick up. Then the MURF puts restrictions as well. In the end, no matter if you haul it, the town picks it up, or you drop it at the murf or other centers, it all ends up at the same landfill. A buddy of mine in Canton "deposits" the remainder of his trash on Main Street, whenever the town crews sort through it, and just take part of it. His attitude is, " I pay taxes for trash pickup, and they're gonna take it." Doesn't matter if the sanitation dept takes it, or the street dept., at the end of the day, it ends up in the same place.
Interesting thing is, this friend is one of these backpackers/fisherman who packs out other people's trash. He always says, "It amazes me that people can carry these night-crawler cups to the most remote streams we have, but can't carry them back"

Last edited:

darenative

Twelve Pointer
The trash truck thing pisses me off. The closer you get to the dump over on 264 the more it looks like a 3rd world roadway.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
One time I was throwing old worm tubs and beer cans in a bag in my truck at a public fishing hole. Some guy asked if they were mine. I said no. He asked what I was planning to do with them. I told him I’d take it all to the house, and it’ll go out with the next dump run. He said to me, completely serious, “Ahhh just throw it all in the creek. It’ll look nicer here after it all washes downstream and you won’t have to deal with it at the house.” I said oh is that what you do? He said “yeah if it’s not my trash. If it’s mine I throw it in the back of my truck and just drive around the backroads till it all blows out.” I know what road this guy lives on and he literally drives by the dump (without having to detour) in order to go between his house and where he fishes.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
One time I was throwing old worm tubs and beer cans in a bag in my truck at a public fishing hole. Some guy asked if they were mine. I said no. He asked what I was planning to do with them. I told him I’d take it all to the house, and it’ll go out with the next dump run. He said to me, completely serious, “Ahhh just throw it all in the creek. It’ll look nicer here after it all washes downstream and you won’t have to deal with it at the house.” I said oh is that what you do? He said “yeah if it’s not my trash. If it’s mine I throw it in the back of my truck and just drive around the backroads till it all blows out.” I know what road this guy lives on and he literally drives by the dump (without having to detour) in order to go between his house and where he fishes.
I keep a box of trash bags in the truck for crap just like that. There isnt many places you can go on foot fishing or hunting on public land that you cant pick up a bag or 2 of other peoples trash.

rrednek

Spike
At my place of business this morning and a young lady pulls up to the front door and opens her drivers side door. Doing something, but I can't tell what. Leaves the door open and walks around to the passenger side and opens the door and is doing something again. I get distracted. She leaves and leaves 2 parking spaces, one on each side of her car, full of trash from where she cleaned out her car. Not a customer. Never came in the building. Just cleaned out her car. I hate to use the word worthless, but this is as close as it gets.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Robeson county is without a doubt the nastiest, trashiest, dirtiest county in the state of NC. I'm ashamed to say that i live here. I work for DOT and see a lot of the county and get a first hand look at just how trashy it really is. It's not just litter it's furniture, mattresses, appliances and pretty much everything. Most of the time the junk will be thrown out within a mile or two of a dumpster site.

We keep our neighborhood picked up but people just keep throwing it out as fast as we pick it up. What really pisses me off is that i live beside US74 and lots of out of state nimrods going to and from the beach come off 74 onto our road and pull off in front of our community and that's usually where they leave their trash. It'll never end it'll only get worse because those that do it just don't care.

The folks in the Western part of the county have it all figured out. They just take the nearest side road off 74 until they come to the bridge over the Lumber River and then throw their trash off the bridge; out of sight, out of mind.

The South end communities of Long Branch and Broadridge used to be some of the most clean and well maintained farms to be found when I was courting girls down there. Don't know how it is now.