Confederate flag over Orange county

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
You know nothing of my situation. I am not trapped in anything. Nothing. Work, where I live, who I pull for etc. Mack is in charge of Mack and I fish and hunt when I want and anything else. Mack is not trapped in anything. I would rather be dead than trapped . Remember, go heels!!!!

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
The queen doth protest too much ... methinks.

... And just how much do YOU know of MINE?

LOL :D

TacticalTed.com

Four Pointer
Passing a law after the fact, as would be the case here, is unconstitutional. This is called an Ex Post Facto law. It could apply to new flags put up, but not one that was up before the law was/ is passed.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Some of y'all asking why Greg doesn't "leave" a place he loves, but who's politics he hates....................do you SEE the irony?

Do you see the irony in telling people (based on a sports team they root for) that they would love a place because of it's politics, yet which only he lives in?

Of course you don't. :)

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
I'll say what little I have to say about this and be on my way. First I will say I believe in the freedoms our constitution gives us. Especially when it comes to speech and what we do on or with our own property.
Many of you have certain feelings toward this this flag. It could be for many reasons, but you feel strongly about it and supporting it. I believe you have that freedom. Here is what I don't like, I know most of you are intelligent enough to know why to some it is very offensive and causes them to have other feelings that are opposite of yours. Guess what, those feelings are real just like yours.

So what do we do, well as I have gotten older and grown closer in my walk with the Lord, read and digested his Word, I have learned some things are worth fighting for, and some are not. I have learned if I don't have to, I don't want to do or care about things that could hurt others or offend others. I care about how other people feel and don't want to be a stumbling block to others, sometimes even if it means giving up some of my freedoms. I mean after all, I am only free spiritually and physically because others gve up freedom in the name of unity and love.

Truth be told I see this flag as something our true enemy has used to divide us way too long. I get it, the history, what it really stands for, our freesoms. I get it, I just care about something a little bit bigger than even that, and whether you like it or not this flag is painful to some people, and truth is I care about those people more than I do any flag.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I care about how other people feel and don't want to be a stumbling block to others, sometimes even if it means giving up some of my freedoms.

This logic is like taking my money and giving it to someone else because they don't have what I have. You wouldn't like it if I took your money and put it in my pocket because you had money that I didn't have.

You do have the freedom to give your liberty away. Since you don't mind, I'll find someone that wishes they had your liberty. I won't have to look hard.

Here is what I don't like, I know most of you are intelligent enough to know why to some it is very offensive and causes them to have other feelings that are opposite of yours. Guess what, those feelings are real just like yours.

Shouldn't the other side also be intelligent enough to understand the Confederate Flag supporters' feelings? Or are the Confederate Flag supporters the only intelligent ones? Asking for some friends.

Side note I don't fly the Confederate Flag. I support Liberty and I won't relinquish Liberty.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
and whether you like it or not this flag is painful to some people, and truth is I care about those people more than I do any flag.

Well....I care more about my rights and freedom than I do about anyone else's feelings.

The same people whose feelings you are worried about cause me a great deal of pain and aggravation on a daily basis. Nobody wants to bend over backwards to ease my discomfort however. So you'll excuse me if I show them the same courtesy that they show me.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll say what little I have to say about this and be on my way. First I will say I believe in the freedoms our constitution gives us. Especially when it comes to speech and what we do on or with our own property.
Many of you have certain feelings toward this this flag. It could be for many reasons, but you feel strongly about it and supporting it. I believe you have that freedom. Here is what I don't like, I know most of you are intelligent enough to know why to some it is very offensive and causes them to have other feelings that are opposite of yours. Guess what, those feelings are real just like yours.

So what do we do, well as I have gotten older and grown closer in my walk with the Lord, read and digested his Word, I have learned some things are worth fighting for, and some are not. I have learned if I don't have to, I don't want to do or care about things that could hurt others or offend others. I care about how other people feel and don't want to be a stumbling block to others, sometimes even if it means giving up some of my freedoms. I mean after all, I am only free spiritually and physically because others gve up freedom in the name of unity and love.

Truth be told I see this flag as something our true enemy has used to divide us way too long. I get it, the history, what it really stands for, our freesoms. I get it, I just care about something a little bit bigger than even that, and whether you like it or not this flag is painful to some people, and truth is I care about those people more than I do any flag.

IF those with the hurt feelings would actually learn exactly what the flag meant, instead of listening to what others tell them it should mean, just maybe their little feelings would no longer suffer. They believe what has been drilled into them by the ones that are of the separateness opinion and wish to keep the controversy alive with no desire to actually learn or believe the truth. Many things the liberals of our country doesn't agree with me, but it's their right to do so. Flying the rainbow flag is one. I don't bitch and moan of it hurting my feelings and demand it be taken down.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
"Whaddaya mean I hurt your feelings...didn't know you had any feelings...."

--Megadeth "Peace Sells"

Should be the song the play the intro every year going into the All Star Race in Charlotte. "Peace Sells......But Who's buying?"

I think a huge part of the problem is guilt by association.

We/they have allowed both the KKK,and thhe nazi losers, and the uneducated rednecks to use this flag as part of their movement. If we/they cared so much about this heritage of this flag, we/they would have shut that crap down in short order.

Instead, we/they did nothing, and that flag was allowed to grow into a "symbol of hate". If we/they had nipped it in the bud? It would be seen as a symbol of what most think of it as. A symbol of standing up against tyrannical government, amongst many other things.

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
There was once a man that no one could have taken his freedom away, yet on his own he laid it all down for the good of all.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
We/they have allowed both the KKK,and thhe nazi losers, and the uneducated rednecks to use this flag as part of their movement. If we/they cared so much about this heritage of this flag, we/they would have shut that crap down in short order.

Instead, we/they did nothing, and that flag was allowed to grow into a "symbol of hate". If we/they had nipped it in the bud? It would be seen as a symbol of what most think of it as. A symbol of standing up against tyrannical government, amongst many other things.

They have rights, too. I may not like their message, but it's a moot point. All we can do is explain that the flag doesn't represent WS or any other civil liberty violating notion to us personally.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There was once a man that no one could have taken his freedom away, yet on his own he laid it all down for the good of all.

In the end that particular man didn't lose anything. He was never in danger of losing anything to begin with.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
nd woods, I understand your point, and it has some validity...to a point. Do I have a Confederate flag? Yes, I do. But, it has never seen the sunshine since in my possession. I understand that at present, it does have a negative view to some folks. At the same time, I recognized and support the right of someone else who might want to display their flag. Those who are against is should also recognize that right. My posts in this thread was to educate folks in some facts that almost always get shoved under the rug that disprove the politically correct stance on the Civil War.

Here is another point. Today, these folks are against a flag, and want to force you, or shame you into taking it down. Lets say they accomplish that goal. What will they target next? Perhaps the Cross on your church...because it offends them. Are you willing to lay down the Cross "for the good of all"?

It's GOT to stop somewhere, and the ONLY way to stop it is to stand up for what is right!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Here is another point. Today, these folks are against a flag, and want to force you, or shame you into taking it down. Lets say they accomplish that goal. What will they target next? Perhaps the Cross on your church...because it offends them. Are you willing to lay down the Cross "for the good of all"?

Woah now hold on there Soilman....that's DIFFERENT.... ;)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Sadly in this world someone is always getting their feeling hurt over something no reason to give up your right to fly a flag on your private ground. It won't stop there there will be a group wanting to take another right away soon after that. at some point people need to get over it and put on their big boy pants hard to grow up when their always whining like little pre school kids.

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
As stated earlier, I am not for taking anyone's freedoms. Ill fight for freedom. I also know there are some things I am free to do, but are not beneficial to myself or others. As also stated earlier, I believe some battles are worth fighting and some are not. I also believe the message the cross stands for and the message of the Confederate flag are two different messages. I know both offend some people. However the messages they portray, and make no mistake, they both portay a message are very different. So in this case I respect your points of view but we are not talking apples and oranges when it comes to what we are willing to stand up for, we are talking an apple orchard vs one orange. Id fight for the orchard, but you can gladly have the orange.

Southside

Ten Pointer
Some of the biggest I've seen (YUGE!)

I believe it to be the highway 16 truck route near the outskirts of Newton, NC (I think south of highway 10) on the left heading North. Probably a 50' x 30'. Another I saw on I-75 somewhere around Tampa. I believe it is bigger. The one on 75 is probably passed by thousands a day. At least the one in Newton is on private posted property. I don;t even think there is a house on it but is could be tucked off the road.
The one I saw near neeton was at the Startown exiton 321. It's huge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk