Comparative deer harvest report available

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
Amazing how close the current year antler buck harvest is compared to three year average statewide.
It seems buck harvest in the Northeast is running a little ahead of last season.

Last edited:

ecufan13

Spike
This was cool to see. Interesting how the county I hunt is kills way more bucks than does (1100 vs 750). I do believe it though.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
This was cool to see. Interesting how the county I hunt is kills way more bucks than does (1100 vs 750). I do believe it though.
Early in the season it was amazing the disparity of bucks to does across the state. I was thinking it was usually almost 50-50.
Early in the year it was heavy to the bucks big time. and maybe it levels out in december?

ecufan13

Spike
Early in the season it was amazing the disparity of bucks to does across the state. I was thinking it was usually almost 50-50.
Early in the year it was heavy to the bucks big time. and maybe it levels out in december?

It’s also if it’s brown it’s down time of year so year I feel things will balance out, we are almost level with last year. Do they have numbers on new hunters? I’d be interested to see if it’s on the incline or decline.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It’s also if it’s brown it’s down time of year so year I feel things will balance out, we are almost level with last year. Do they have numbers on new hunters? I’d be interested to see if it’s on the incline or decline.
I do not know on new hunter data.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Actually it was me with my bow about 3 weeks before gun season. Only the 2nd shot opportunity I had in 5-6 days of hunting, twas not gonna pass, and yes really good eating even on the grill.;)

Reactions: DRS

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Actually it was me with my bow about 3 weeks before gun season. Only the 2nd shot opportunity I had in 5-6 days of hunting, twas not gonna pass, and yes really good eating even on the grill.;)
that shows how" small the world is". Odds of ecufan13 getting that question answered here would seem to be minute.
Lo and behold we have an answer. :)

Windy gap

Four Pointer
There have been almost twice as many bucks killed as does in my county that’s different than past years,I suppose people are getting away from the mentality to shoot all the does you can. That’s good I’d like to see the population get back to where it was in the early 2000’s