compact 12ga semi-auto Shotgun?

raleigh_ryan

Button Buck
Hi folks, new to the forum and seeking some gun shopping advice. Looking for a compact LOP (13-13.75"), 12 gauge, semi auto, preferably gas operated shotgun. Primary use will be waterfowl hunting. Already have a Winchester SX4 but it's a bit hard for me to shoulder especially when wearing wader and a jacket. Searched here and Google, but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for yet.

raleigh_ryan

Button Buck
Appreciated. the cdnn site is neat and I havent heard of them before. my search continues as their website doesn't have LOP listed in specs.

raleigh_ryan

Button Buck
Browning is on the list. Hoping for some options before starting any carpentry projects.

About the 20ga. Correct, more options. Didn't mention that in the post because I took personal offense to one after shooting a few rounds of skeet with a borrowed 20 once. found the recoil sharp, noisy& tinny sounding. left my ears ringing worse than a 12ga. Not sure if all 20 gauges are like that, don't know anyone who shoots one regularly.

quick list below in case others have the same Q.
Fits criteria (12ga, shorter LOP, gas):
Browning Silver Field Micro Midas
Beretta A300 Outlander Sporting Reduced Length
Any ole 12ga+saw
Others??

Runner up:
Benelli M2 Field 11017 (inertia)

Meh:
Weatherby SA-08 compact (20ga)
Franci affinity compact (20ga)

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The 20s that are substantially lighter than the 12s will have e a sharper recoil. Gas guns today will help with that. I was more saying that ammo has come a long way and the 20 isn't sucking hind tit by a long shot anymore. My 7 year old kills ducks with a 28 gauge.

raleigh_ryan

Button Buck
The 20s that are substantially lighter than the 12s will have e a sharper recoil. Gas guns today will help with that. I was more saying that ammo has come a long way and the 20 isn't sucking hind tit by a long shot anymore. My 7 year old kills ducks with a 28 gauge.
I see, good point about the ammo

TH80

Eight Pointer
Winchester makes the sx4 in compact with 13” LOP. I think it’s only offered in wood stock and black synthetic.

raleigh_ryan

Button Buck
You haven't happened to see any replacement stocks out there for the SX4, have you? Googled those up and down but no dice

TH80

Eight Pointer
Don’t know if they have just the compact stock. Hunted with a guy once this year that had the field version and he said liked it

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Call winchester and see if the have one.

Those a300 outlanders are suppossed to be a great value

raleigh_ryan

Button Buck
So, I did call Winchester and the SX4 compact stock and matching parts for the action is OOS and backordered for an indeterminate amount of time.
Sounds like the Browning Silver is the best option if I can find one in the rdu area

TH80

Eight Pointer
May be hard to find a silver in 12 ga. I may be wrong but I think they stopped making the micro midas in 12.