Colorado wolves

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like the ballot measure to require the state of Colorado to reintroduce gray wolves is on the verge qualifying for the ballot.

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
I grew up there and left 20 years ago. It is much different now, in every means.

Now there are black bear (never heard of one growing up), more moose, and the elk population appears to be bigger too. I'm surprised that wolves aren't already there; I would've lost that bet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up there and left 20 years ago. It is much different now, in every means.

Now there are black bear (never heard of one growing up), more moose, and the elk population appears to be bigger too. I'm surprised that wolves aren't already there; I would've lost that bet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Wolves are already there. One was killed or hit by car in Kremmling Colorado several years ago and confirmed by CPW as a wild wolf and not a released pet. I also remember CPW posting confirmed trail cam photos of wolves in northern Colorado near Wyoming border.

There is no need to reintroduce them. They will (and already are) spreading naturally to areas that can support them.

I don't believe the wolf is a bad as many people make them out to be. They never will be solely responsible for the decline in elk/deer herds. But, what they are is another factor that contributes to the decline. Colorado elk herd is struggling in many areas due to loss of habitat in critical migration corridors and wintering grounds. Introducing an apex predator will put more strain on the herd.