College Football Playoff

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
My one issue with people saying Ga blew it was their schedule was much tougher than any playoff team wish they woulda took that into account. ND barely scraped by a pitiful USC team as well as other close games against teams that were just so so. But they did their job beat all they faced till end
Yes BUT with ND each year, because they are an independent, they don't get to schedule cupcake FCS opponents. They also have to schedule 5 ACC opponents each year, along with their traditional rivals in USC, Stanford, Michigan, etc. To top all of that off, ND has to go undefeated because they get no conference championship game. The likelihood of a 1 loss ND team ever making the playoffs is slim to none.

I had no problem with ND making it just wish they'd have played better.

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
The best part of the Clemson/ND game was the Gatorade bath for Dabo that was done at midfield as he was shaking Brian Kelly's hand. More got on Kelly and the State Trooper than it did Dabo :ROFLMAO:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The best part of the Clemson/ND game was the Gatorade bath for Dabo that was done at midfield as he was shaking Brian Kelly's hand. More got on Kelly and the State Trooper than it did Dabo :ROFLMAO:
which gets me to my same ole question What in the hell is going to happen on the sidelines to require all these state unis to need state troopers to guard the coach. They couldn't even get dabo out of the way of the Gatorade.
Please someone help me understand this silliness.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
^ Least ND will have made the playoffs in my lifetime.
Traditional ACC basketball schools will never play a national title in football, this isn’t news and if they ever do it will be a fluke. ND current position is like UNC and Duke getting into the final 4 and getting beat by 20-30 every single time. If ND keeps crying wolf in big ball games, the committee is going to be forced to actually look st their strength of schedule and quality of their wins, and we don’t want that now do we?

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
^ They can only play whats on the schedule that is mostly made years in advance. They ran the table which is what they had to do. How often do FSU, USC, and Stanford have down seasons at the same time?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I thought the best part of that game was the rogue eagle flying around and landing on random fans. How cool would that have been??!!!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
which gets me to my same ole question What in the hell is going to happen on the sidelines to require all these state unis to need state troopers to guard the coach. They couldn't even get dabo out of the way of the Gatorade.
Please someone help me understand this silliness.
You've seen fans storm the field haven't you? Those troopers are there to form a bubble around the coaches and get them off the field.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I thought the best part of that game was the rogue eagle flying around and landing on random fans. How cool would that have been??!!!
image.jpegThat was pretty funny. I went to Air Force vs ND years back and the Falcon took off landed on top of stadium and stayed. The handler spent 3 quarters spinning that thing to get bird to come down. Stadium want crazy when he got it back.

double

Twelve Pointer
^ They can only play whats on the schedule that is mostly made years in advance. They ran the table which is what they had to do. How often do FSU, USC, and Stanford have down seasons at the same time?
Not often but you have to take into account they are not good when determining rankings. ND’s schedule should have been tough. In reality it was nit much tougher than UCF. Take history and name brands out of the equation judge everyone on this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFisher

Eight Pointer
State looked awful, Va Tech was not awful, but pretty close.

GA was definitely in the top 4 best teams, but you can't lose 2 games and get in the final 4. 8 maybe, but not 4.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you are going to put in the most deserving teams fine..do that and stop lying about what you are doing. (If you are talking deserving UCF earned a spot) If it is the 4 best then pick the best. It is going to 6 first then to 8 at some point..just a matter of time

firedawg60

Eight Pointer
UCF is finally playing a real (SEC) team and it shows. They may end up winning but will have to make some serious adjustments.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Penn State UK game has been pretty much a snoozer

Switched over to winter classic. Good hockey game.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Yeah, missing the quarterback hurts, but the top teams have to have depth. But LSU's defense is missing some main players as well.
How many teams in the country minus AL have a QB ready to roll like the starter? Come on no QB>Any defensive player out

firedawg60

Eight Pointer
Same caliber? Pretty much none, and AL may not next year either. It's who has the best team and game on any given day. I don't know a lot about UCF football but looking at their schedule for the year, they didn't play any quality teams. It's a guess, but I imagine a UCF team with starting QB playing a LSU team with their eight or however many missing def starters would result in about what is going on now. The UCF QB has made some great throws that receivers are dropping, one of which would be a guaranteed TD.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
on the playoffs.
heard this am that since ohio state won the NC in 2015 Northern teams have scored a grand total of 3 points in the playoffs since then.
point is that outside of the south fan bases have no hope.
Good is what I say. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
on the playoffs.
heard this am that since ohio state won the NC in 2015 Northern teams have scored a grand total of 3 points in the playoffs since then.
point is that outside of the south fan bases have no hope.
Good is what I say. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I would consider Washington north team they scored TD against BAMA. I'M no fan of the north they can't get in playoffs to score points most of time

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
What happened to the "Georgia should definitely be in the final 4" argument?

The Dawgs were handled by a rebuilding Texas program. Meanwhile, UCF, without its starting QB, gave LSU a much tougher game that Gerogia did.

Maybe the committee has a clue? Or maybe their guess is as good as anybody else's?

What a difference a week makes...

double

Twelve Pointer
What happened to the "Georgia should definitely be in the final 4" argument?

The Dawgs were handled by a rebuilding Texas program. Meanwhile, UCF, without its starting QB, gave LSU a much tougher game that Gerogia did.

Maybe the committee has a clue? Or maybe their guess is as good as anybody else's?

What a difference a week makes...
GA played the worst game I have seen them play all year. UCF plyed an LSU team missing 8 defensive starter and still lost. What happened to State will be very similar to what happens to Clemson. That SEC speed on defense will make great quarterbacks look mediocre.

JONOV

Ten Pointer
Everyone hates on ND...The fact is that most years their schedule isn't one that anyone would want, this year it was unusually weak, and they beat 3 ranked teams to Alabama's 4. When you include Florida State, USC, Stanford, and VA Tech among your unranked opponents, that says something.

And now I have to throw up as I realize I defended Notre Dame.

double

Twelve Pointer
Everyone hates on ND...The fact is that most years their schedule isn't one that anyone would want, this year it was unusually weak, and they beat 3 ranked teams to Alabama's 4. When you include Florida State, USC, Stanford, and VA Tech among your unranked opponents, that says something.

And now I have to throw up as I realize I defended Notre Dame.
It says nothing when they all have an off year. Reputation should have nothing to do with rankings or standing. Fact is FSU, USC, VA Tech, are worse than almost every team in the SEC and half the big 12. Beating them this year means absolutely nothing

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The ga game was nothing more than the trend of college teams missing the pkayoffs and loosing interest in bowl game same with Auburn last year. I hate that the playoffs have made the other bowl games insignificant

JONOV

Ten Pointer
It says nothing when they all have an off year. Reputation should have nothing to do with rankings or standing. Fact is FSU, USC, VA Tech, are worse than almost every team in the SEC and half the big 12. Beating them this year means absolutely nothing

Yes and no...
I think it sets a dangerous precedent when you start incentivising the scheduling of weak opponents. But really, I think ND needs to be in a conference. That would take a lot of the argument away. The whole independence thing needs to be relegated to the history books.

double

Twelve Pointer

Yes and no...
I think it sets a dangerous precedent when you start incentivising the scheduling of weak opponents. But really, I think ND needs to be in a conference. That would take a lot of the argument away. The whole independence thing needs to be relegated to the history books.
Clemson being in the ACC actually hurts them. Everyone can look at the ACC this year and no they are as soft as Charmin.

JONOV

Ten Pointer
Clemson being in the ACC actually hurts them. Everyone can look at the ACC this year and no they are as soft as Charmin.

They weren't the toughest, that's for sure. But, how was Clemson hurt?

I really want to see a UCF make the playoffs. But for that to happen I'd also want to see them play a decent ACC, Big 10, SEC, etc school for their nonconference game rather than the FCS/Pitt type schools they play.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They weren't the toughest, that's for sure. But, how was Clemson hurt?

I really want to see a UCF make the playoffs. But for that to happen I'd also want to see them play a decent ACC, Big 10, SEC, etc school for their nonconference game rather than the FCS/Pitt type schools they play.
those schools aren't exactly lining up and volunteering to play UCF.