College Football Playoff

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Clemson can definitely play with Alabama, should be an awesome game......as they’ve all been to this point.

Tip, I’m not saying UGA deserves another shot, I’m saying they were the 3rd best team in the country.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
I’m not a Clemson fan per say....but I do like them in these circumstances. I guess it would be most accurate to say that I’m not a Clemson fan but I respect them a ton.

I don’t know that they are on the same level as Alabama. I hope they are and I hope they win, but Alabama just seems to be in their own league lately.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Random thoughts after last night:

Most of the teams in the SEC have to play Georgia or Bama in the regular season (Auburn plays them both back-to-back every year), then win the SECCG to get into the playoff. It's a tougher road to the playoff for teams in certain conferences.

Georgia had its chances, but was beaten soundly by LSU mid-season, and blew a 2nd half lead for the 2nd straight time against Bama. They had their shot, and had they taken care of business in Baton Rouge in October or just punted the football in the SECCG, they would have been in the playoff.

Half of the SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 would be undefeated with Central Florida's schedule.

ND had some marquee names on their schedule, but all of those opponents had very poor seasons in 2018. That's not ND's fault.

Life isn't fair, and neither is college football...

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Random thoughts after last night:

Most of the teams in the SEC have to play Georgia or Bama in the regular season (Auburn plays them both back-to-back every year), then win the SECCG to get into the playoff. It's a tougher road to the playoff for teams in certain conferences.

Georgia had its chances, but was beaten soundly by LSU mid-season, and blew a 2nd half lead for the 2nd straight time against Bama. They had their shot, and had they taken care of business in Baton Rouge in October or just punted the football in the SECCG, they would have been in the playoff.

Half of the SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 would be undefeated with Central Florida's schedule.

ND had some marquee names on their schedule, but all of those opponents had very poor seasons in 2018. That's not ND's fault.

Life isn't fair, and neither is college football...
I agree, at the end of the day the right things happened. ND got blown out the building and Alabama took care of business. The final 4 we can argue, but for four years running the national title game is exactly as it should be.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I think Clemson can for sure win Bama ain't unbeatable they gave holes that QB due Clemson is real deal but we'll see how he holds up cause Bama gonna pressure him. Sad thing for ND was that right corner went out with injury and all three TD passes were to right side they just picked on him bad

double

Twelve Pointer
56-31 Bama. Clemson can not stop Bamas offense and that great QB at Clemson has not seen Ends or DB’s with the speed of Alabama all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pines

Eight Pointer
This game pits the 2 best coaches against each other...much like K vs Calipari...forced to bet, I’d take Saban (K)

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Clemson can definitely play with Alabama, should be an awesome game......as they’ve all been to this point.

Tip, I’m not saying UGA deserves another shot, I’m saying they were the 3rd best team in the country.
I see it the same way you do. UGA and Clemson are the only two teams that had a realistic shot at taking down AL this year. In reality, Clemson and UGA should have played for the right to play AL in the championship in this years three team playoff.

Clemson has cake walked through the ACC, so beating UGA proves they deserve to be there. UGA had a shot at AL and came up short, but beating the team that's held the #2-3 spot all year proves they deserve to be there.

Bottom line, I want to watch an overtime championship game or a GW score next Monday. Clemson and UGA are the only two teams in the country capable of doing that with any consistency against AL.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Bring on the change. Watching 2 teams play in small playoff year after year will bring it on.
Those 2 teams are undoubtedly the best 2 teams and were ranked 1 and 2 to start the year in the AP poll, so you can't necessarily hate that Clemson and Bama are the 2 teams left standing. I know it's tiring but it isn't wrong. What I hate is that we had to watch 2 snoozers this weekend to ultimately get here. Either expand the playoffs to allow more teams to compete or bring back the BCS which ultimately would have decided on Clemson and Bama anyways.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My only saving grace is Clemson looked good enough to give Bama all they can handle.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I guess the committee gets caught up with deciding between the best teams and the most deserving teams.
GA gets in under best team scenario, ND got in with deserving. Plus that awesome nationwide fan base they have.
Since it wont be perfect any way it's done then you have to figure they go to the model that can produce the most cash.
That seemingly is an expanded field but I am not sure.

It'll come down to that, (money) not a more 'just" system to determine the champion.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Those 2 teams are undoubtedly the best 2 teams and were ranked 1 and 2 to start the year in the AP poll, so you can't necessarily hate that Clemson and Bama are the 2 teams left standing. I know it's tiring but it isn't wrong. What I hate is that we had to watch 2 snoozers this weekend to ultimately get here. Either expand the playoffs to allow more teams to compete or bring back the BCS which ultimately would have decided on Clemson and Bama anyways.
I say expand college ball has upsets all the time what makes it exciting 8 team playoff would for sure have some blowout games but those upsets would be awesome

Troutbum82

Eight Pointer
UGA had its chance and blew it and as a Clemson fan I would have rather played UGA in the playoffs than ND as it would have been a much better game. But in the end the 2 best teams will meet and Clemson has to play a near perfect game to win. With said so does Bama.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My one issue with people saying Ga blew it was their schedule was much tougher than any playoff team wish they woulda took that into account. ND barely scraped by a pitiful USC team as well as other close games against teams that were just so so. But they did their job beat all they faced till end

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
My one issue with people saying Ga blew it was their schedule was much tougher than any playoff team wish they woulda took that into account. ND barely scraped by a pitiful USC team as well as other close games against teams that were just so so. But they did their job beat all they faced till end
and that's where it gets to best versus deserving. Unless you are uCF it's tough to be left out if you are undefeated.