College Football Playoff

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #5
I mean, how many times does ND have to be embarrassed in big time bowl games to get rid of the historical preference they receive in the rankings? They shouldn’t have even been in the same stadium as Clemson.

double

Twelve Pointer
NDdid not deserve to be in the playoffs. GA or OSU would have beaten them as bad or worse than Clemson did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #9
Ouch.........State, UNC will never get experience a NAtty run.

ND takes your beating
For starters, UNC is a basketball school and will never compete in big time football because they don't have the fan base nor the heritage to do so. NCSU could potentially be on that stage, but they'll never keep a coach capable of it for very long, they're a farm team for the leftovers from Clemson & company. Comparing ND to UNC/NCSU in football is pathetic. The history is there and its a football school through and through. I'm just saying on the big stage ND gets crushed in big games. It'd be like UNC getting bounced by 20-30 in every final four appearance.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
[QUOTENCSU could potentially be on that stage, ][/QUOTE]

No chance of that.

The 4 NC schools should stick to basketball

so now is Oklahoma useless as well?
crc- didn't you just see wake and duke win a bowl game? state to follow Monday and in ch the giant is stirring.
best times in my lifetime for the 4 acc schools from nc.
and watch ECU. Pirate nation on the rise!

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #12
so now is Oklahoma useless as well?
crc- didn't you just see wake and duke win a bowl game? state to follow Monday and in ch the giant is stirring.
best times in my lifetime for the 4 acc schools from nc.
and watch ECU. Pirate nation on the rise!
Oklahoma vs UGA on this stage is definitely useless. Everyone in the country knew UGA and Clemson were the only two teams who could play with Alabama.

I never even used to pay attention to which team a bunch of sports writers decided to crown
"champion" at the end of college football season. Every year there were numerous complaints about it from the fans of teams that weren't chosen by these collective idiots. Now I have to not pay attention to the four teams they decide deserve to be in the playoff. I guess they can't have an NCAA tournament with 60 or more football teams in it but even if they could there'd be griping about the teams not selected. Just watch the games and hope they are well played and maybe even exciting. This year so far.............not so much.

How did ND get in this game....several teams would have given Clemson a run.
I wholeheartedly agree. They had no business being there. Must be something about some imaginary ND mystique.
If that's the #4 team in the country there must really be a lot of seperation between #2 and #4. Should have been somebody else. Everybody gets their shorts in a bunch when more than one SEC team gets in........

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
they didn’t even put the best 4 in at that.....an extended playoff would’ve meant UGA made the field.
That is the argument for expanding. If you prove you cannot pick the best 4. Then it needs to be a big enough field to gurantee you get the best four at least.

There are just too many teams all playing vastly different schedules and strength of opponents.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #23
That is the argument for expanding. If you prove you cannot pick the best 4. Then it needs to be a big enough field to gurantee you get the best four at least.

There are just too many teams all playing vastly different schedules and strength of opponents.
I agree. I 100% understand how ND gets picked over UGA from a PR standpoint, but there wasn’t anyone outside of ND fans who thought they could even carry UGA jock strap. Georgia got shafted by having to play the absolute best team in the country before the playoff. Quite frankly, the only reason to expand the playoff is to ensure that multiple SEC schools are allowed in so we get the most competitive games.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My thoughts exactly and they didn’t even put the best 4 in at that.....an extended playoff would’ve meant UGA made the field.
Yea...lets have UGA play Bama until they finally win. That sounds like a great idea. UGA had their shot and they choked. Maybe if they hadn't lost to LSU earlier in the year they would have been given a second chance.

Oh...and ND should be forced to join a conference and play in that conference's championship before being allowed into the playoffs. This year, as much as I hate them, OSU should have gone over ND.

Yea...lets have UGA play Bama until they finally win. That sounds like a great idea. UGA had their shot and they choked. Maybe if they hadn't lost to LSU earlier in the year they would have been given a second chance.

Oh...and ND should be forced to join a conference and play in that conference's championship before being allowed into the playoffs. This year, as much as I hate them, OSU should have gone over ND.
I agree. ND should never been allowed to join the ACC under the terms that they dictated.

turkeyfoot

Twelve Pointer

This is right on I loved the results it'll further push for 8 team playoff that way team like Ga will for sure get in I still say they are 2nd best team in country. Also let team like UCF have their shot may get hammered but so did ND. Old ND is team from my youth but I even knew they weren't in same class as Clemson, Bama

turkeyfoot

Twelve Pointer

Gotta admit though them Ga games are fun to watch vs okl and Bama last year and Bama this year better than the 2 games yesterday

What I noticed was how many times the game was stopped for down ND players. Obviously they weren’t accustomed to getting hit by teams with big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk