College Basketball 2022-2023

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
all I know is hear and see out and about A LOT of SAD Duke fans. Media was saying how they were playing the best of anyone and could make a deep run. yada yada yada.

I wonder how long before Scheyer is on the hot seat?????. Duke isnt gonna give him as long as UNC will give Hubert. He could not get past a beat up team with 5 stars.

Also dont forget Tennesee has a NC connection as well. If Tn wins it wil be fine with me.
yep- That's the same media that picked Hubert to win it all this year. They dont know squat.
Hubert is never going anywhere because of his protected status until he quits.
Gonna be hard to fire Scheyer if he keeps winning the acc championship, goes undefeated at home and beats unc every game.
Like I said earlier -duke fans are very happy with the state of basketball in durham and especially happy with the trainwreck in CH.
UNC fans are estatic that duke is out of the ncaa but sad that they couldnt get in the ncaa. Just no other way to spin it but keep trying.
It is fun.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Oh come on now……we can’t be pulling for Rick Barnes 😂 he had 1 job to do and thankfully he succeeded…..he can go now. I wish dean smith wouldn’t have let up when he was choking Rick out 😂😂😂
wait unc fans worried about K's mouth but deano choked another coach? Whys is that never mentioned.
Did barnes deserve it or are you just making that up? The choke part?

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'd like to see Miami or Gonazaga win it, both of those coaches are deserving. Alabama winning and then vacating, because well murder, would be fine as well lol

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

No choking mentioned- but you can see how favored unc was during dean's reign-57 free throws versus 7. Wow.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I KNEW that comment was going to get you fired up and digging around. Ol young Rick didn’t want none of the old man.

The rumor at the time(long before social media and instant replay and YouTube) was that the coaches met at the scoring table and it was said that dean had his hands around the neck of Rick Barnes……none of that actually happened. It was a shouting match and the refs got between the two. I’ll find the video after typing this.

I’ll never forget the time when Clemson had to finish a game with only 3 players on the floor. Rick Barnes always had players that were prone to fouling out with 15 minutes to go in the game.

Last edited:

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

Here is the video. I always appreciated how stackhouse got hit in the head hard and didn’t even flinch…..was just prepared to shoot free throws. My how times have changed. Leaky black could someone for state hard and he should get suspended for the rest of the year. People are so soft these days.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I KNEW that comment was going to get you fired up and digging around. Ol young Rick didn’t want none of the old man.

The rumor at the time(long before social media and instant replay and YouTube) was that the coaches met at the scoring table and it was said that dean had his hands around the neck of Rick Barnes……none of that actually happened. It was a shouting match and the refs got between the two. I’ll find the video after typing this.

I’ll never forget the time when Clemson had to finish a game with only 3 players on the floor. Rick Barnes always had players that were prone to fouling out with 15 minutes to go in the game.
yes he did (want some of the not so old man), and good on him for doing it. It forced notice of the favoritism.
By the way did K ever get fined by the acc? HMMMM- yet he was the foul one. LOL.
Also didnt dean get tossed in a semi final against roy? I tell you deano was a fireball.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

Here is the video. I always appreciated how stackhouse got hit in the head hard and didn’t even flinch…..was just prepared to shoot free throws. My how times have changed. Leaky black could someone for state hard and he should get suspended for the rest of the year. People are so soft these days.
the poor boy never was the same- they probably drugged him at the unc hospital leaky sent him to, :)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
yes he did (want some of the not so old man), and good on him for doing it. It forced notice of the favoritism.
By the way did K ever get fined by the acc? HMMMM- yet he was the foul one. LOL.
Also didnt daen get tossed in a semi final against roy? I tell you deano was a fireball.
He sure did with Like 35 seconds to go. Carolina has been losing to Kansas my whole life. Is always would get tickled when dean would give the refs the choke sign when they missed a call

No way k would ever get fined for harassing officials…..those officials had way too much of his money in their pockets. Scheyer needs to learn how to get those refs in his hip pocket like k did 😛

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well its not going to be Duke. A team with no point guard beat em but I disgress.

I say Miami. This is their year.
You can't make this stuff up!!!......LOL

A guy who went to another school (allegedly) ....rooting for a team that disappointed on a historic and epic level & didn't make the NCAA tournament......disparaging a team that OWNED "his" team......and DID make the NCAA tournament.

Gotta love NCHF Sports forum!!

bte0816

Eight Pointer
REDO 22- REDO22 REDO22- I can hear it now in the DES.
year before last ..year before last ..year before last...
Both sound great.

I really wouldnt LOL on keatts given that thumping he gave unc in Raleigh. Just sayin.
The same Keatts that went 1-1 against a historically bad UNC this season and is 1-3 overall vs Hubert? Kevin Keatts is a weiner.
EDIT: the "thumping" Keatts gave UNC in raleigh was 8 points. I guess the State College loss in CH by 11 was a drubbing then

Last edited:

bte0816

Eight Pointer
As to who I think wins it all I would like to see Michigan State underperform back to the Final Four this year. I have UCLA winning it all in my money bracket so selfishly I would like to see them at least make the championship game. Houston looks strong right now and would probably be my pick to win as much as I dislike them.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
You can't make this stuff up!!!......LOL

A guy who went to another school (allegedly) ....rooting for a team that disappointed on a historic and epic level & didn't make the NCAA tournament......disparaging a team that OWNED "his" team......and DID make the NCAA tournament.

Gotta love NCHF Sports forum!!
Which one of the 10 schools that you went to but did not graduate from do you pull for? You have never answered that question. You know 90% of the fans of both unc and Duke did not go to either school.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Which one of the 10 schools that you went to but did not graduate from do you pull for? You have never answered that question. You know 90% of the fans of both unc and Duke did not go to either school.
I have 8 transcripts and 2 alma maters, but I pull for all the schools I went to.

I've stated my favorite teams a few times, but don't see the point in re-hashing it. I'll never understand how a person who didn't attend a school can feel any sort of superiority over that school winning a game against a school someone DID attend. Makes NO sense, to me. It's just weird (again...to me).

YMMV

The only time I stray from my above stance is..........I'm an adopt-a-mater fan whenever (____________________) plays UNC.

My dad never played for the Red Sox.....nor did I. But, I've been a fan since Yaz was playing left field. But, I didn't play for the Mariners.....and pull for the Red Sox (because the Red Sox have more success and history). If that doesn't make sense (to you), no issues.

Last edited:

bte0816

Eight Pointer
Saying you can only pull for a school if you went there yet pulling RABIDLY against a certain school if you didn't go to their rival is comical.

Quite a few in this thread need to show us on the doll where UNC hurt them. UNC's failure makes you happier than your team winning ever would.

Who knew that UNC rejection letter would change the course of someones entire life?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saying you can only pull for a school if you went there yet pulling RABIDLY against a certain school if you didn't go to their rival is comical.

Quite a few in this thread need to show us on the doll where UNC hurt them. UNC's failure makes you happier than your team winning ever would.

Who knew that UNC rejection letter would change the course of someones entire life?
I never said you couldn't pull for a school if you didn't go there. Obviously, people do it.

UNC is not in the same conference as my favorite schools.....and the last time one of them played UNC....they beat 'dat ass. Only time I played against them, we took 2 of 3.

So there's that.

Last edited:

richard corn

Ten Pointer
all I know is hear and see out and about A LOT of SAD Duke fans. Media was saying how they were playing the best of anyone and could make a deep run. yada yada yada.

I wonder how long before Scheyer is on the hot seat?????. Duke isnt gonna give him as long as UNC will give Hubert. He could not get past a beat up team with 5 stars.

Also dont forget Tennesee has a NC connection as well. If Tn wins it wil be fine with me.
They may have nc connection but also connection with serbia, uruaguay, and finland. Difference between coaches is one can control his team and one can’t. One teaches defense and one doesn’t. One needs more tutorship and one doesn’t.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The same Keatts that went 1-1 against a historically bad UNC this season and is 1-3 overall vs Hubert? Kevin Keatts is a weiner.
EDIT: the "thumping" Keatts gave UNC in raleigh was 8 points. I guess the State College loss in CH by 11 was a drubbing then
no that was a travesty in disparity of fouls but you know that.
With those duke hate comments and the state college disparages you really need to get to inside carolina and weep with your peeps.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
no that was a travesty in disparity of fouls but you know that.
With those duke hate comments and the state college disparages you really need to get to inside carolina and weep with your peeps.

even though I found your response humorous, please refrain from the personal jabs (weep with your peeps, etc)

thank you

Cripplecreek

Six Pointer
I've never really gotten the whole thing about not attending a school so you can't be as much of a fan. That's just weird. I do think it's a different view if you did go somewhere but I don't get how it excludes you from rooting for a team. You can pull for the team just like you pull for teams NFL, NBA, etc. Go tell Philadelphia Eagles fans it's not a "We" thing. Let me know how that turns out.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've never really gotten the whole thing about not attending a school so you can't be as much of a fan. That's just weird. I do think it's a different view if you did go somewhere but I don't get how it excludes you from rooting for a team. You can pull for the team just like you pull for teams NFL, NBA, etc. Go tell Philadelphia Eagles fans it's not a "We" thing. Let me know how that turns out.
I'm pretty sure the people who go to the snake handling churches think their methods of worship are perfectly normal, too.

They're entitled. They don't owe me an explanation.

We disagree. No harm - no foul.