College Basketball 2022-2023

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Funny thing about the unc Duke rivalry……all I’ve heard from the dark blue side since Saturday is “well it was a great year……swept Carolina, won the acc tournament……great year” and all I’ve heard from the light blue side is “wish I was up on rocky top” lol both sides are just alike. When you’re the top 2 programs of this century all that matters is beating the team across town.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Hubert makes the championship in 100% of the NCAA tournaments he appears in, Scheyer only makes the round of 32 in 100% of his NCAA appearances.

Hubert > Scheyer confirmed
hows he doing head to head against Scheyer?

If you really think that CHD is better than Scheyer you gonna be very disappointed.
Just try and stay a little less emotional than yall got with K. That's not healthy to hate like that. And Scheyer aint so old. :)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Funny thing about the unc Duke rivalry……all I’ve heard from the dark blue side since Saturday is “well it was a great year……swept Carolina, won the acc tournament……great year” and all I’ve heard from the light blue side is “country roads” lol both sides are just alike. When you’re the top 2 programs of this century all that matters is beating the team across town.
no that's the silliness of the fan bases. Like I said last year coaches and those in the program arent so myopic.

bte0816

Eight Pointer
hows he doing head to head against Scheyer?

If you really think that CHD is better than Scheyer you gonna be very disappointed.
Just try and stay a little less emotional than yall got with K. That's not healthy to hate like that. And Scheyer aint so old. :)
Sorry Scheyer couldn't make it to the national championship his first year...but at least he got those two regular season wins :ROFLMAO:

bte0816

Eight Pointer
How about .....

Scheyer makes 100% of NCAA Tournaments as head coach.

Hubert makes 50% of NCAA Tournaments as head coach.
That works too but Scheyer will at no point in his career be able to say he made the national championship 100% of the time he made the tournament.

Aren't stats fun? :fishing:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
UNC will be favored again this coming season to win it all.
Hubert will have the big three all fixed up and ready to redo 22.
That should be their slogan- REDO 22.

bte0816

Eight Pointer
UNC will be favored again this coming season to win it all.
Hubert will have the big three all fixed up and ready to redo 22.
That should be their slogan- REDO 22.
Doubt... The internet keeps telling me UNC won't even be able to field a team when everyone transfers out.

But if you think "favorites" are a guarantee I will be happy to bet you $1k a season every year. You get the favorite and I get the field.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That works too but Scheyer will at no point in his career be able to say he made the national championship 100% of the time he made the tournament.

Aren't stats fun? :fishing:
You think that's something to be proud of?......lol

From the NC game to not making the tournament......in ONE season?

LOL

bte0816

Eight Pointer
You think that's something to be proud of?......lol

From the NC game to not making the tournament......in ONE season?

LOL
Nobody else can say they made the championship 100% of the time they made the NCAA tournament. So, yeah that's pretty cool.

Maybe last year he can do it again :ROFLMAO:

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been hashed out already on here but, if it has, I missed it. What reasons have been given for UNC declining participation in the NIT?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been hashed out already on here but, if it has, I missed it. What reasons have been given for UNC declining participation in the NIT?
they were refocusing on their core strengths, looking to both 22 and the future to find their way forward.
Or they are a bunch of quitters without a coach with balls enough to handle his players.
Jury is out on which is true cause you know it's all a big secret project in the smith center.

bte0816

Eight Pointer
From first loser to biggest disappointment in NCAA history.....in 12 months.

Wow. Y'all must be BEAMING with pride......lol.
Ebbs and flows. Our season is over so you can only bask in the "maybe last year" failure for a little while longer.

Get back to me when Scheyer, Keatts (lol) or whatever coach of your alma mater makes the championship. :ROFLMAO:

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Let’s shift to the here and the now. Who do y’all have winning it all now? My brain says alabama has the strongest team in the field and a favorable path. I really wish this could be the year of the mid major winning it all. I would love to see Princeton get to the final 4. There is just something special about watching a team that is predominantly white knock off the big schools. This is a year where Gonzaga isn’t considered to have as much of a chance and they’re playing really well so part of me wonders if this is mark few’s year……I think he deserves it. I have always appreciated him for staying at Gonzaga when he could’ve left at any time for one of the premier programs when there have been openings. My highest hope is that Michigan state goes out asap.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Let’s shift to the here and the now. Who do y’all have winning it all now? My brain says alabama has the strongest team in the field and a favorable path. I really wish this could be the year of the mid major winning it all. I would love to see Princeton get to the final 4. There is just something special about watching a team that is predominantly white knock off the big schools. This is a year where Gonzaga isn’t considered to have as much of a chance and they’re playing really well so part of me wonders if this is mark few’s year……I think he deserves it. I have always appreciated him for staying at Gonzaga when he could’ve left at any time for one of the premier programs when there have been openings. My highest hope is that Michigan state goes out asap.

Well its not going to be Duke. A team with no point guard beat em but I disgress.

I say Miami. This is their year.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
If Houston plays like they did in the 2nd half against Auburn my money is on them. I like the NC connection with Kelvin Sampson too. This tournament feels like Houston and Bama are on a collision course to the finals.

But if not Houston, I wouldn’t mind Gonzaga or Miami. May come down to who is healthiest. A lot of teams are banged up.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ebbs and flows. Our season is over so you can only bask in the "maybe last year" failure for a little while longer.

Get back to me when Scheyer, Keatts (lol) or whatever coach of your alma mater makes the championship. :ROFLMAO:
REDO 22- REDO22 REDO22- I can hear it now in the DES.
year before last ..year before last ..year before last...
Both sound great.

I really wouldnt LOL on keatts given that thumping he gave unc in Raleigh. Just sayin.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
all I know is hear and see out and about A LOT of SAD Duke fans. Media was saying how they were playing the best of anyone and could make a deep run. yada yada yada.

I wonder how long before Scheyer is on the hot seat?????. Duke isnt gonna give him as long as UNC will give Hubert. He could not get past a beat up team with 5 stars.

Also dont forget Tennesee has a NC connection as well. If Tn wins it wil be fine with me.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
all I know is hear and see out and about A LOT of SAD Duke fans. Media was saying how they were playing the best of anyone and could make a deep run. yada yada yada.

I wonder how long before Scheyer is on the hot seat?????. Duke isnt gonna give him as long as UNC will give Hubert. He could not get past a beat up team with 5 stars.

Also dont forget Tennesee has a NC connection as well. If Tn wins it wil be fine with me.
Oh come on now……we can’t be pulling for Rick Barnes 😂 he had 1 job to do and thankfully he succeeded…..he can go now. I wish dean smith wouldn’t have let up when he was choking Rick out 😂😂😂

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
If Houston plays like they did in the 2nd half against Auburn my money is on them. I like the NC connection with Kelvin Sampson too. This tournament feels like Houston and Bama are on a collision course to the finals.

But if not Houston, I wouldn’t mind Gonzaga or Miami. May come down to who is healthiest. A lot of teams are banged up.
I just can’t get comfortable with Houston. They just don’t look like a team that scares anyone. I might be wrong but I don’t think they can win more than 1 more game. I’ve been wrong a lot this year so we will see.