College Basketball 2022-2023

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
UNC is still trying to find consistency.. that’s troubling at this point in the year. Leaky should not be shooting 3’s at the rate he does.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nc state is on a tear. Getting better every game it seems. I bet Leonard Hamilton can’t wait for this nightmare of a season to be over.
really coming together as a team as of late. whens the last time ncsu has been up by 30? they were up 40-10 at one point with about 5 min left in 1st half.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
This unc loss tonight is on the coach
Every talking head in America knew to play thru bacot not those hot shot guards
Love is almost as bad as mccants in his self awareness of his limitations

But uncs fail safe failed. They blew that free throw advantage big time.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
UNC is still trying to find consistency.. that’s troubling at this point in the year. Leaky should not be shooting 3’s at the rate he does.
Imo if I was hubert NONE of them should be shooting threes again EVER! I wouldn’t let them shoot a single 3 Saturday night until they have made 10-2s in a row. I think the most disappointing part of this is the lack of development for the 3-4 year players(besides bacot). Maybe manek just made everyone better. None of them seem to be any better than they were 2 years ago. And why does jalen Washington only get 3 minutes? Every time he is in good things happen. I just don’t understand Hubert’s personnel decisions. I know puff Johnson is out but there are some good bench players there that just don’t get any minutes and it wouldn’t surprise me if several of them transfer. This loss was just brutal. Starting to be hard to believe in his team. I hope hubert figures it out but I don’t think this team is going to do anything like they did in their deep run last year.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Imo if I was hubert NONE of them should be shooting threes again EVER! I wouldn’t let them shoot a single 3 Saturday night until they have made 10-2s in a row. I think the most disappointing part of this is the lack of development for the 3-4 year players(besides bacot). Maybe manek just made everyone better. None of them seem to be any better than they were 2 years ago. And why does jalen Washington only get 3 minutes? Every time he is in good things happen. I just don’t understand Hubert’s personnel decisions. I know puff Johnson is out but there are some good bench players there that just don’t get any minutes and it wouldn’t surprise me if several of them transfer. This loss was just brutal. Starting to be hard to believe in his team. I hope hubert figures it out but I don’t think this team is going to do anything like they did in their deep run last year.
Yeah Hubert is the Mack Brown of basketball

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Carolina need to find some guards that can shoot. Starters last night shot a combined 33% from field. Not acceptable from a team that relies on NBA type run and gun offense. Also Hubert Davis needs to teach some defense. Saw multiple times offensive player drove to basket untouched by either Bacot or Nance. Further point in physical game between these rivals Pete Nance had zero fouls. Another soft Carolina team. Afraid they might get a scratch or bruise.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
R j Davis shouldn’t even shoot 2’s. If he drives he scores. If not the defense should let him shoot until proves otherwise.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
State is trying to blow that 30 point lead
blew it right down to a 28 point lead. They had a few rough minutes, but broke through it and maintained a healthy lead the entire game, unlike some of state's past teams. I remember having duke by 17 points at halftime under Gottfried, then turned around and didn't come out of the locker room in the second half so they lost the game.

Burns and Smith are playing great ball in conference play, but both need to understand their foul situations better. Can't have 4 fouls with 10 min to go in the game. Joyner had a good game. I'd like to see him and Marcell be a little more aggressive.

bte0816

Eight Pointer
The core of this UNC team is what it is for better or worse. Love, Leaky, Bacot and RJ have to be close to the highest ceiling/lowest floor UNC group when they are on/off. UNC usually does well when they have an experienced core group like Berry, Pinson, Meeks, Hicks or Marshall, Henson, Barnes, Zeller.

The current core is what it is. It's the same group that had a great run to national runner up last year while sending K home forever and it's the same group that effectively led to Roy's retirement because he didn't feel like he could reach them anymore.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The core of this UNC team is what it is for better or worse. Love, Leaky, Bacot and RJ have to be close to the highest ceiling/lowest floor UNC group when they are on/off. UNC usually does well when they have an experienced core group like Berry, Pinson, Meeks, Hicks or Marshall, Henson, Barnes, Zeller.

The current core is what it is. It's the same group that had a great run to national runner up last year while sending K home forever and it's the same group that effectively led to Roy's retirement because he didn't feel like he could reach them anymore.
So...."Wait 'til yesterday"?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

the clean version of the event. JC disrespected cussed at and booed by the TN. LOL
Such drama and display of class in CH- Dean is rolling over in his grave.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
R j Davis shouldn’t even shoot 2’s. If he drives he scores. If not the defense should let him shoot until proves otherwise.
RJ davis has been solid with his game. Something is wrong with his hand. Last night was not normal for him. He was throwing the ball to love and he was bringing it up the court quite often, which love played well last night. I wish hubert had been Trimble in more for rj since he didn’t look like himself from the outset.

Cripplecreek

Six Pointer

the clean version of the event. JC disrespected cussed at and booed by the TN. LOL
Such drama and display of class in CH- Dean is rolling over in his grave.
I was at the game last night. They booed Jeff. He went to Dook. That makes sense

bte0816

Eight Pointer
So...."Wait 'til yesterday"?
No more of I will miss these guys when they leave but I will be glad to have the excitement of a new core once the current one moves on. I'm mostly looking forward to having a pass first PG again.

That said nobody is drafting Caleb Love right now and Bacot is making way more through NIL than he ever will in the G league or overseas so they may all be back next year minus Black. And I don't know how I feel about that after the lack of development during the past off season.

Easy to be negative after a bad loss let's hope Saturday brings some positivity.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
blew it right down to a 28 point lead. They had a few rough minutes, but broke through it and maintained a healthy lead the entire game, unlike some of state's past teams. I remember having duke by 17 points at halftime under Gottfried, then turned around and didn't come out of the locker room in the second half so they lost the game.

Burns and Smith are playing great ball in conference play, but both need to understand their foul situations better. Can't have 4 fouls with 10 min to go in the game. Joyner had a good game. I'd like to see him and Marcell be a little more aggressive.
burns literally fouls on most every screen he sets. If he is still in game with 10 mins to go count your blessings.
I cant wait for the 19th when the rams roll into Raleigh.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No more of I will miss these guys when they leave but I will be glad to have the excitement of a new core once the current one moves on. I'm mostly looking forward to having a pass first PG again.

That said nobody is drafting Caleb Love right now and Bacot is making way more through NIL than he ever will in the G league or overseas so they may all be back next year minus Black. And I don't know how I feel about that after the lack of development during the past off season.

Easy to be negative after a bad loss let's hope Saturday brings some positivity.
I can absolutely understand this assessment. I can see Duke fans making a similar one (assessment). Less the Filipowski (sp?) kid, they're ho-hum, too.

I've never seen so many McDonald's AAs collected in a small geographical area ....that are more boring.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

yes they will all be back. well maybe not leaky since he is 30 ys old.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

Lock Down Leaky- Big Bad Bacot and K killer Kaleb will make saturday very positive for the heels.
There is not a matchup on the floor that duke wins unless nance guards young filipowski and then its a 23 yr old man versus an 18 yr old boy.
Same circumstance as last year- lose to pitt then soar to the championship. Just gotta have faith in Hubert.