College Basketball 2022-2023

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ok
Did anyone say UNC was a great team last year? I said great teams make the FF. Not that every team in the FF is always a great team. FF is the expectation for certain teams as an indicator of success.
well now several people have said that but I understand your post better.
How would you describe last years tar heels?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I would go with choke artists. Now I know that being a dean man you know all about winning everything except Duke games and final fours. 😜
Dean was the best ever in both regards. I don’t think that is just opinion I think it’s a matter of record.
??? dean has a winning record against K

bte0816

Eight Pointer
I would go with choke artists. Now I know that being a dean man you know all about winning everything except Duke games and final fours. 😜
Dean was the best ever in both regards. I don’t think that is just opinion I think it’s a matter of record.
Dean was 51-29 against Duke regular season and 7-6 post season. Not sure what you mean about Final Fours, he made 11 that's pretty good. Only 6 coaches have won more championships than him, that's pretty decent I guess.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Dean was 51-29 against Duke regular season and 7-6 post season. Not sure what you mean about Final Fours, he made 11 that's pretty good. Only 6 coaches have won more championships than him, that's pretty decent I guess.
Not with the talent he had. Imo

bte0816

Eight Pointer
Ok

well now several people have said that but I understand your post better.
How would you describe last years tar heels?
I would say last years Tar Heels had lots of potential and probably underperformed the first half or so of the season. Could be because of a new coach or any number of reasons. Post mid February they were fun to watch. They won a lot of games but you still never knew what you were going to get like getting smacked by a terrible Pitt team at home.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
He lost to Duke many times before k even got there. And he went to fifty final fours and was gifted two by stupid plays by the opposition. He should have won a dozen nattys
takes some luck sometimes ....that goes both ways for and against. other teams got lucky against unc.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
How about lucky and great potential
That’s all I’m going with with that team. Lived in the edge and it was rewarded then failed at the end
You don't average beating teams in the tourney by double digits and it be luck. They figured something out. From February to the National Championship Game, they were one of the best basketball teams in the nation.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
You don't average beating teams in the tourney by double digits and it be luck. They figured something out. From February to the National Championship Game, they were one of the best basketball teams in the nation.
their luck was survivng giving up a thirty pt lead. when they repeated that meltdown in the final it bit them.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I mean at this point, no college coach ever has lost with more NBA talent than K lol

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I mean at this point, no college coach ever has lost with more NBA talent than K lol
not so sure about that. K went years before he even had any nba talent- I think you can say he won more nattys with less nba talent than his unc counterparts. But that may just be my convenient memory- it was a one upmanship point for unc fans for years- 'Yeah but how many nba players came from duke- Just sayin. And dean had three and four years to win with his nba talent k had them 3 or 4 months.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
You don't have remind me I'd been happy see ol Cal leave looong time ago

Every Kentucky fan I know wants him burned at the stake and I can’t blame them. It seems like the only thing he cares about is the number of first round picks he produces so he can thump
his chest. I won’t take his coaching ability away though. If he kept some players around for 2-3 years he would be hard to beat.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I agree with @oldest school about dean smith. I loved dean smith as much or more than anyone……but it is disappointing that he only cut the nets down twice. Unbelievable to tell you the truth with the amount of talent he had. And OS is right…..the 2 he won were gifted to him on a silver platter with 2 of the dumbest mistakes you’ll ever see in championship games. I was grateful for both of them though. And @Mack in N.C. is also right. Every championship team gets a break or 3 to go their way on their run to the title. I can give tons of examples from almost every team that’s cut down the nets. It’s part of what makes it so hard and rewarding to win a national championship in college basketball and why it has the greatest postseason of any sport. I can’t wait til Monday night at 9pm. Christmas a month and a half early.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
Dook is 17 point favorites tonight vs. Jacksonville. If I were a betting man I really don’t think the Blue Devils cover that spread…and honestly Scheyer’s first game as the Dook head coach may be an L. You heard it here first

Who am I kidding they’ll win by 50

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Dook is 17 point favorites tonight vs. Jacksonville. If I were a betting man I really don’t think the Blue Devils cover that spread…and honestly Scheyer’s first game as the Dook head coach may be an L. You heard it here first

Who am I kidding they’ll win by 50
all new roster - they will be lucky to score 50.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Why didnt anyone tell us that duke had the fourth plumlee starting?
What a trainwreck he and duke are. OSU by a zillion.