College Basketball 2021-2022

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
It was ugly. Not the defense you are accustomed to seeing from a coach k team. They are reminding me of the year Zion was there. Zion was the only one playing defense on the team. Miami has a decent team but they shouldn’t be beating Duke in Durham. But dukes team is still very young as they are every year it seems. Good game to watch if you’re an outsider.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If Dook is the #2 team in the country, it is a terrible year for college basketball. What an ugly performance by the Blue Devils. Miami has an historically bad defense and came in ranked 82nd according to KenPom. One would think a team with 5 future NBA players (Moore, Banchero, Keels, Griffin, Williams) and the supposedly GOAT coach wouldn’t have any problems, but alas, we rinse and repeat…it was an entertaining game though!

That Syr-Wake finish was pretty incredible too, there were some good ACC games yesterday, but honestly college basketball as a whole looks terrible.

I chalk it up to the one and done phenomenon and the new transfer portal. Anybody with a lick of talent can get drafted in the 2nd round, play for 3-5 years and make 3-5 million dollars. That’s life changing money. Anyone else who isn’t happy with their situation simply leaves and goes to another program. Hard for any of these coaches to build competent competitive basketball teams with so much turnover.
It could be worse. ya know ;)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
wake has beat FSU and syracuse at home in it's last two games- might they make it three in a row tonight vs duke?
duke is slightly favored so not even vegas is overvaluing them after their miami debacle.
Should be a good one.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
wake has beat FSU and syracuse at home in it's last two games- might they make it three in a row tonight vs duke?
duke is slightly favored so not even vegas is overvaluing them after their miami debacle.
Should be a good one.
Beating FSU this season is nothing to brag about right now, and Syracuse' win last night got them back .500. I think FSU will be ok by the end of the year though. Like almost everyone else, the transfer portal along with one and done has Leonard Hamilton reworking pieces all around. SYR is meh...

Duke should win tonight, Lawrence Joel isn't a tough place to play, and I'm sure there will be a large Duke contingent in the stands. I really like the Wake Coach though, been watching him since his E. Tenn St days and he runs some really good stuff.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
State and Duke get valuable road wins. Should be good Saturday when they play each other.

K probably should just stay sick. They looked a whole lot better without him.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
State and Duke get valuable road wins. Should be good Saturday when they play each other.

K probably should just stay sick. They looked a whole lot better without him.
They looked like a HS team for the first 18:00 of the game. I was questioning (as I do with MANY teams with younger players) their preparation AND drive. The lack of the latter is unacceptable, to me. I turned it off. I'll watch anybody play, if they show heart.

Obviously, they picked it up (or, the same thing happened to WFU). When I flipped it back over, they were up by 18.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Roy was just as foul mouthed as k and way more emotional. But I’ve seen/heard the f word out of k’s mouth more times than I can count. I go to the acc tournament every year it’s held in North Carolina and we usually have low level seats behind one of the benches and Duke is always on our side of the court for whatever reason…..he’s as foul as ever but most coaches are. I hate when people get pinned for stuff that happened a hundred years ago.
He played for, and was an assistant under, Bob Knight after all...in the Army as well as Indiana...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
He played for, and was an assistant under, Bob Knight after all...in the Army as well as Indiana...
I dont think k ever coached at indiana. Could be wrong.
With K's upbringing he would be odd if he did not know and use all of the words.
I wish I could find those sitting close enough to hear his profanity and are offended by it so I could replace them and their precious ears.
The one game i was behind his bench was the last game he coached in the infamous back injury year. Clemson rolled them but i never heard any profane words from K. The clemson coach (barnes) got a tad excited but that was to be expected.

I looked hard when the GT player talked trash to him last week and didnt see the fbombs that action deserved.
Maybe that's why he's not winning anymore- he mellowed out too much. Lost the edge. :p

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I dont think k ever coached at indiana. Could be wrong.
With K's upbringing he would be odd if he did not know and use all of the words.
I wish I could find those sitting close enough to hear his profanity and are offended by it so I could replace them and their precious ears.
The one game i was behind his bench was the last game he coached in the infamous back injury year. Clemson rolled them but i never heard any profane words from K. The clemson coach (barnes) got a tad excited but that was to be expected.

I looked hard when the GT player talked trash to him last week and didnt see the fbombs that action deserved.
Maybe that's why he's not winning anymore- he mellowed out too much. Lost the edge. :p
I'll never understand why people hate a winner (unless he's cheating to do so......which he is not).

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Baylor and auburn are the best teams I’ve seen. I know Baylor lost but they were due. That defense is the best I’ve seen in a long time. If I had to fill out a bracket right now i would have Baylor and auburn playing each other.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
acc has one team currently in the top 25, according to a side bar shown during the duke state game.
I cant get used to that.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Duke took care of business today. Hard to watch how bad nc state is. Carolina again showed how well they can compete when they play defense. Maybe we’re heading up.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
IF fsu's leading scorer wasnt hurt they would really mop the floor with duke tonight.
Duke favored by five but FSU just removed Syracuse and miami from the unbeaten in the acc ranks. They rae gaining mo.
Unc heavy favorites in miami 7.5 pts. Bacot just too much for the canes? Miami is though even older than unc so that helps.
Gonnna be tough for both teams to come home with wins.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t even know what to say about this game. If I was the AD hubert would be fired at the half. Down 27 at the half? Is this even real life? Miami is a good team but not that good. How did we play the last 2 games like a tournament team and then lay an egg like this? It would be different if this was just 1 egg laid but we have done this multiple times now this year. 2017 seems like another lifetime ago.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Another close game that Duke couldn’t close out. This team is lacking that killer instinct. And banchero sits the first 35 minutes of the game out then plays like an all American the last 5. If he had played like that for 40 minutes it wouldn’t have been close. Drives me crazy when these one and done players do nothing until down the stretch. Harrison Barnes used to do the same crap all the time.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
on cue leg injury for duke-oh well there's always next year.
they'll probably start staying out of games to avoid getting hurt. Nothing to play for at duke this year.
bacot will disappear when you need him. He should transfer to duke.
Hopefully state and wake win tonight.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
on cue leg injury for duke-oh well there's always next year.
they'll probably start staying out of games to avoid getting hurt. Nothing to play for at duke this year.
bacot will disappear when you need him. He should transfer to duke.
Hopefully state and wake win tonight.

Bacot is is just Garrison Brooks 2.0. A decent big man playing on a bad team. His career is over the instant he leaves chapel hill. We don’t have a single good player. I wish all 15 of them would transfer.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Well there are 3 things that are guaranteed in life….death….taxes….and Carolina beating the crap out of state.

Wife was flying home yesterday and recorded it while the kids and I watched AU. When she walked in, oldest daughter said, "I deleted the recording for you." LOL

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
The headline said that Carolina embarrasses State. 100-80, First half was 56-31. Sure that’s an embarrassing stat had State played the second the same way with an outcome of 112-62. What I find embarrassing is Carolina has no defense, State beat them in the second half 49-44. I know you don’t win by halves but a team that can’t spank a team in both halves is not really a great team.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I never said Carolina was great. That have little spurts where you think to yourself “this could be a good team” then they get beat by 20+ to Miami and wake. But they have states number and have for a long time

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve heard junk from coworkers regarding the game. Looking to be one of the worst years for the Pack and UNC is bragging about a win? I guess football and baseball are long gone memories.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
I’ve heard junk from coworkers regarding the game. Looking to be one of the worst years for the Pack and UNC is bragging about a win? I guess football and baseball are long gone memories.
They’re rivals located 20 miles down the road. Pretty sure Dook or The Pack could go 0-30,or vice versa for UNC, and fans from either side would be bragging.

On a side note, not sure how much longer Keatts will last at State. The only problem is finding a capable replacement, not sure who is out there that would want it.