College Basketball 2021-2022

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
No, there is much more to it. Factor in the extreme court side cursing, having his losses expunged to pad his record, etc. Also some of what you said, but certainly not limited to that.

I can’t stand his foul mouth…..but if he didn’t have 5 titles and a buttload of wins nobody would care at all about him.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
yall did notice how the forfeit deal went bye bye after duke started having covid issues?
You cant make it up. BC has to forfeit- then duke cant play so the rule is changed.
The GOAT really does run everything.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Hard to gauge any of these teams with missing this amount of games. Carolina gets murdered by Kentucky then has BC down 69-34 at one point after BC goes a month without playing and Carolina went 2.5 weeks off. Then Kentucky loses 2-3. Duke wasn’t sharp again tonight. I know they’re ranked #1 but Baylor is the best team I’ve seen so far and I’ve seen them play 7 times. That defense is something special.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Baylor is ranked #1
Duke isn’t a top ten team now imo

interestingly the joe guy who does bracket projections has a whopping four acc teams making the ncaa tournament

sad winter for the acc. They are really a football conference now oh wait they suck there too

soccer anyone?

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Very sad. Florida st sucks, Virginia sucks, Carolina the verdict is still out on because they look decent at times, Syracuse is Jekyll and Hyde as is most everyone else. Another year of screwed up basketball though with so many games being missed at the beginning of conference.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You can tell what kind of year it is in the ACC .................................by who's posting (and who isn't).

;)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
How did fsu lay such an egg at wake? Is wake that good?
I watched alot of that game and kept waiting for the infamous wake fade in the second half but it never came.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Will every team in the acc just have a .500 conference record this year? SMHS
All the acc networks hype of unc lasted for two hrs.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t stand his foul mouth…..but if he didn’t have 5 titles and a buttload of wins nobody would care at all about him.
did you like roy's f word substitutes- the one he tried to use in public? Frickin friggin- Such a phony.
He got way more emotional unnecessarily than K.
but K got stuck for stuff he supposedly said 40 years ago. I really havent seen an f bomb from K in decades if ever- but he should have gave that GT player one tuesday. The one that came to him jawing directly to him. Did he not realize he was addressing the GOAT? :)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
did you like roy's f word substitutes- the one he tried to use in public? Frickin friggin- Such a phony.
He got way more emotional unnecessarily than K.
but K got stuck for stuff he supposedly said 40 years ago. I really havent seen an f bomb from K in decades if ever- but he should have gave that GT player one tuesday. The one that came to him jawing directly to him. Did he not realize he was addressing the GOAT? :)

Roy was just as foul mouthed as k and way more emotional. But I’ve seen/heard the f word out of k’s mouth more times than I can count. I go to the acc tournament every year it’s held in North Carolina and we usually have low level seats behind one of the benches and Duke is always on our side of the court for whatever reason…..he’s as foul as ever but most coaches are. I hate when people get pinned for stuff that happened a hundred years ago.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Roy was just as foul mouthed as k and way more emotional. But I’ve seen/heard the f word out of k’s mouth more times than I can count. I go to the acc tournament every year it’s held in North Carolina and we usually have low level seats behind one of the benches and Duke is always on our side of the court for whatever reason…..he’s as foul as ever but most coaches are. I hate when people get pinned for stuff that happened a hundred years ago.
you are a unique unc fan. If you could only appreciate mack. :)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
you are a unique unc fan. If you could only appreciate mack. :)

I’m not ignorant like most heels fans.

When mack gets us to an acc championship game we will talk about it……lol

As we speak Jay Bateman just got the boot…..I don’t why it took so long. He’s really not the problem though.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Then you might not of been listening! Even ESPN has called K out for his courtside profanity.
The ony folks i have seen upset about K's language are unc fans- not refs- not espn.
Unc fans thought their coaches were pure on the language front- ole dean fooled them all.
Now espn got their panties in a wad last year when he dressed down a student newspaper reporter.
But as far as courtside manner has K ever been ejected, how many T's has he accrued? If his language was such an issue who would play or work with him?
If he's Booby Knight why havent his players exposed the horrors of his language abuse?
Who exactly is he cussing?

and to be truthful you may be right - my bias may blind me to his ills. Enlighten me.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t personally ever remember him being ejected from a game…..he curses the officials but again all coaches do that…..he curses his players…..again, just about all coaches do that. I heard dean curse although Phil ford claims it was minimal. Rick Barnes made dean curse more than anyone. Idk how much of that to believe. Phil ford had a major alcohol problem and probably doesn’t remember much at this point. No one has ever worked the officials the way that k and dean were/are able to. Working the officials is a part of the game. I always enjoyed watching dean do the choke sign when the officials blew a call. You’re never going to hear ESPN calling coaches out for cursing because sadly profanity is just an accepted practice in this day in age. I have seen k get his share of technicals, more so earlier in his career. He learned from the best on how to speak to players and officials(Bobby knight) .

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

Interesting read on this very topic. I’ve read it before but had forgotten about it. I bet he was doing some cursing tonight after the Miami game.
was that not a train wreck? world record turnovers. They might be the #2 team ... in durham- Central may be able to handle them.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
was that not a train wreck? world record turnovers. They might be the #2 team ... in durham- Central may be able to handle them.
Yep, it was a layup drill in Durham last night.
I've seen it many times before, if you want to beat the goat make his big man come out to the free-throw line and run back door off of picks.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
If Dook is the #2 team in the country, it is a terrible year for college basketball. What an ugly performance by the Blue Devils. Miami has an historically bad defense and came in ranked 82nd according to KenPom. One would think a team with 5 future NBA players (Moore, Banchero, Keels, Griffin, Williams) and the supposedly GOAT coach wouldn’t have any problems, but alas, we rinse and repeat…it was an entertaining game though!

That Syr-Wake finish was pretty incredible too, there were some good ACC games yesterday, but honestly college basketball as a whole looks terrible.

I chalk it up to the one and done phenomenon and the new transfer portal. Anybody with a lick of talent can get drafted in the 2nd round, play for 3-5 years and make 3-5 million dollars. That’s life changing money. Anyone else who isn’t happy with their situation simply leaves and goes to another program. Hard for any of these coaches to build competent competitive basketball teams with so much turnover.