College Basketball 2021-2022

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Oh the people who talk about Dean did less with more lol . Dean was the best Mind in the game. No ifs and butts. Sure he had some bad luck when it comes to Nattys ....I can name 5 or 6 ......but I will just name 2. Who was going to beat Marquette after the coach just told his players this was his last game??? Godzilla would not have beat that team on that night. Another one was the the 84? team where Kenny Smith got a cheap shot(LSU) and got hurt, that team was never the same. All the odds makers had UNC cakewalking to the Natty but you (or Dean cant control that)

Dean Lost players early more than any coach, Worthy leaves early and so on,,

I respect all that K has done. but he is not the best. Maybe 2nd, or 3rd.

K has done less with more than anyone. And to the people who say Dean had more NBA talent We all know NBA talent does not necessarily translate to a Natty. The game is different. That is why Hansbrough was the best College player to have ever played in the ACC but he wasn't a pro player.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Oh the people who talk about Dean did less with more lol . Dean was the best Mind in the game. No ifs and butts. Sure he had some bad luck when it comes to Nattys ....I can name 5 or 6 ......but I will just name 2. Who was going to beat Marquette after the coach just told his players this was his last game??? Godzilla would not have beat that team on that night. Another one was the the 84? team where Kenny Smith got a cheap shot(LSU) and got hurt, that team was never the same. All the odds makers had UNC cakewalking to the Natty but you (or Dean cant control that)

K has done less with more than anyone. And to the people who say Dean had more NBA talent We all know NBA talent does not necessarily translate to a Natty. The game is different. That is why Hansbrough was the best College player to have ever played in the ACC but he wasn't a pro player.

The 84 team makes me sick every time I think about it……I KNEW when the jet got hurt the season was going to change drastically and after they figured out how to win without him he came back and they were never the same. Same can be said for when Kendall Marshall got hurt(although that wasn’t under dean). Time were different back then….players hung around and IMO they were much better. The quality of the game was much better and much tougher. I rank hansbrough right up there with laetner….definitely 2 best college players I’ve ever seen.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer
What a game between Indiana and Syracuse, Boeheim and his sons hang on for the win in 2OT. The big from Indiana is a stud.

Purdue absolutely blasted Leonard Hamilton's squad, I thought Fl St. would at least be competitive.

Going to bed at halftime of this Dook Ohio St game, I'm whooped... Dook wearing them down with their physical defense, Ohio St. is shooting themselves in the foot with free throw misses and turnovers. Ohio St defense is terrible, they're letting Dook get to the cup way too easily. I will say this, Wendell Moore hasn't been a fan favorite for the Dookies the past 2 years (aside from his buzzer beater put back to beat UNC his freshman year), but he is a problem this year. Kid looks pretty tough. I miss the days when kids went to college and actually developed before leaving, props to him.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

There was a fellow named Thompson....

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
What a game between Indiana and Syracuse, Boeheim and his sons hang on for the win in 2OT. The big from Indiana is a stud.

Purdue absolutely blasted Leonard Hamilton's squad, I thought Fl St. would at least be competitive.

Going to bed at halftime of this Dook Ohio St game, I'm whooped... Dook wearing them down with their physical defense, Ohio St. is shooting themselves in the foot with free throw misses and turnovers. Ohio St defense is terrible, they're letting Dook get to the cup way too easily. I will say this, Wendell Moore hasn't been a fan favorite for the Dookies the past 2 years (aside from his buzzer beater put back to beat UNC his freshman year), but he is a problem this year. Kid looks pretty tough. I miss the days when kids went to college and actually developed before leaving, props to him.

You’re going to be sorry that you went to bed early.

That was a great game. Even when Duke had Ohio st down double digits several times Ohio state never really lost control of then pace of the game. Duke went the last 3 minutes without scoring and were up by 7 or 8 and wound up losing by 5. This might be one of those years where every team that gets ranked #1 gets beaten immediately. The ACC sucks in this challenge. Syracuse game was incredible too. Fun 4 hours of basketball.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

That was a great game. Even when Duke had Ohio st down double digits several times Ohio state never really lost control of then pace of the game. Duke went the last 3 minutes without scoring and were up by 7 or 8 and wound up losing by 5. This might be one of those years where every team that gets ranked #1 gets beaten immediately. The ACC sucks in this challenge. Syracuse game was incredible too. Fun 4 hours of basketball.
The coach's two sons are awesome.

CharlesIngalls

Six Pointer

Definitely wished I had stayed up...Had a feeling foul trouble would limit Dook in some games this season, but went to bed and wasn't expecting it last night. Looked at the box score and looked like massive foul trouble for Dook, with Williams and John only playing 22 and 15 minutes respectively. They are the only true posts K can turn to and looks like Oh St. capitalized getting them out of the game. Jumpers not falling for Dook + no one to throw to inside=tough to score. Dook simply doesn't have the depth this year

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The 84 team makes me sick every time I think about it……I KNEW when the jet got hurt the season was going to change drastically and after they figured out how to win without him he came back and they were never the same. Same can be said for when Kendall Marshall got hurt(although that wasn’t under dean). Time were different back then….players hung around and IMO they were much better. The quality of the game was much better and much tougher. I rank hansbrough right up there with laetner….definitely 2 best college players I’ve ever seen.
that's why roy is better than dean- he won with non nba talent like tami's boy.
Dean had an nba roster every year and had two titles gifted to him. He never won one.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
duke's choke last night is the second worse gag i have seen recently. :eek:
WITH happened? 15 point lead at half then cant score thirty in the second half?
GOAT needs to turn it over to Scheyer today.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
There was a fellow named Thompson....

Deon Thompson from UNC's roster from 2006-2010????? you have got to be kidding.

The stats dont lie and show that Hansbrough was the ACC's best.....most points in acc history, most free throws made in NCAA history......the list could go on and on... did I like him? yes but on a list of my favorite UNC players he may just barely make my top ten.

But, If I had to pick one person to get my team 2 points and everything I had depended on it the then vote goes to Hansbrough.

Also, 1 accolade of many that he had was he Never lost in Durham......how many players can say that?????

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Deon Thompson from UNC's roster from 2006-2010????? you have got to be kidding.

The stats dont lie and show that Hansbrough was the ACC's best.....most points in acc history, most free throws made in NCAA history......the list could go on and on... did I like him? yes but on a list of my favorite UNC players he may just barely make my top ten.

But, If I had to pick one person to get my team 2 points and everything I had depended on it the then vote goes to Hansbrough.

Also, 1 accolade of many that he had was he Never lost in Durham......how many players can say that?????

Thompson never lost in Durham.

Hansbrough was a great free throw shooter.

college career totals....well he had 4 years to do it.

wonder why MJ says Thompson was the best?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Thompson never lost in Durham.

Hansbrough was a great free throw shooter.

college career totals....well he had 4 years to do it.

wonder why MJ says Thompson was the best?
Humility, the great ones do not have to say "I was the best" . and of course Michael really liked David having watched him growing up.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Humility, the great ones do not have to say "I was the best" . and of course Michael really liked David having watched him growing up.

Mack....MJ could have picked anyone to introduce him at the hall of fame induction....but he picked one. I think he is probably being serious on his thoughts.

they were both better than Hansbrough.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mack....MJ could have picked anyone to introduce him at the hall of fame induction....but he picked one. I think he is probably being serious on his thoughts.

they were both better than Hansbrough.
Neither was a better College Player........Jordan was a great college player(one of the best) but was a better pro as he got better and better because of his determination and work ethic. No one outworked him and he didnt party like the others. thompson on the other hand had a few good years and then went downhill for several reasons.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
duke's choke last night is the second worse gag i have seen recently. :eek:
WITH happened? 15 point lead at half then cant score thirty in the second half?
GOAT needs to turn it over to Scheyer today.

They just couldn’t score in the second half. Little bit of a let down after beating a great team the game before. Not uncommon this time of the year. Road game in a tough environment. They had the game well in hand as far as the lead but they never really got to play their game. Ohio st kept it in the half court. I wouldn’t worry too much. Better to have those losses in November than March.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
And it was nice to see some potential out of Carolina tonight. They played a great game after a couple tough losses. Amazing what can happen if you play defense.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Good on ncsu and unc for winning
I gave up on both of them
Unc wasn’t playing defense early and we’ll state seemed ready to concede getting down five in the second ot

wonder how many times those two both have won and Duke has lost in a big/acc challenge?
It couldn’t happen to a better team than Michigan

I didn’t like Howard back when or now.
For some reason I really liked states action in that little altercation. Didn’t really start anything but ready to finish it

Hopefully these wins bode well for both schools.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Good on ncsu and unc for winning
I gave up on both of them
Unc wasn’t playing defense early and we’ll state seemed ready to concede getting down five in the second ot

wonder how many times those two both have won and Duke has lost in a big/acc challenge?
It couldn’t happen to a better team than Michigan

I didn’t like Howard back when or now.
For some reason I really liked states action in that little altercation. Didn’t really start anything but ready to finish it

Hopefully these wins bode well for both schools.

What UNC should of Done at halftime (maybe they did but I doubt it) was to honor the 1993 National Title Team.....that would have been awesome.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I must rescind all my comments about hubie being a passive coach. He was even fun to watch in their last game, I like a coach who looks engaged.
I do hope the GOAT calms him down on feb 5th. :)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I must rescind all my comments about hubie being a passive coach. He was even fun to watch in their last game, I like a coach who looks engaged.
I do hope the GOAT calms him down on feb 5th. :)

He has shown some promise in the past few games. If he can continue to get them to buy into playing defense they will be a formidable opponent.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Acc loses to the number one team in the nation and no 326 Monmouth in the same day.
Long season in store only hope is being happy beating each other just like acc football.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Jordan was a great college player(one of the best) but was a better pro as he got better and better because of his determination and work ethic.
And because Dean Smith was no longer there to hold him back. Old joke: Q - Who was the only person in college who could hold Jordan to under 20 points a game? A - Dean Smith

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
And because Dean Smith was no longer there to hold him back. Old joke: Q - Who was the only person in college who could hold Jordan to under 20 points a game? A - Dean Smith
he keep jordan on the bench in his final game- wasted him because of a couple of fouls. Of course he wasted a lot of talent in his tenure in terms of winning NCs.
roy may have won it all every year if he had had the same talent in comparison with the rest of the league.
Think about- dean had some individuals on some teams that were as good as his crew, sampson, Thompson come to mind.

but he had a whole roster of nbaers, every year.