College baseball

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Ump was terrible in the 8th and 9th. Glad state pulled it out though. Scared the wife on the last pitch. Yelled "that's three" before the ump called tbe last trike!
I waited for the ump to call it.

The way he was going, couldn't take anything for granted.

One thing about the ump though. For the kids, he's character building.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I waited for the ump to call it.

The way he was going, couldn't take anything for granted.

One thing about the ump though. For the kids, he's character building.

Avent wasn't happy with the calling either, but obviously didn't want to do anything to get thrown out at this point. If he wouldn't have called that one a strike I would have gotten thrown out right there.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The one thing the announcers got right was that state set the tone on the first batter for VU.
That was a hellavu play against one of vandy's best.
The HR really let them know State was there to win not just participate.
The" vandy boys" may have been believing the hype that surrounds them.
Isnt that the the most p........ nickname in history? vandyboys?
Go Wolfpack!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I only caught the last inning, but apparently they played well. Vandy games are usually low scoring, but I was surprised that 1 was all it took. Didn't see enough to catch the bad calls.

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
I have only watched the postseason, so I can't comment on all year, but I haven't seen much that impresses me about Vandy's offense. If it wasn't for those 2 pitchers, I highly doubt they'd be there. Glad to see them finally get beat. And I agree, hopefully this will give the announcers something else to talk about.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I only caught the last inning, but apparently they played well. Vandy games are usually low scoring, but I was surprised that 1 was all it took. Didn't see enough to catch the bad calls.

Ump was excellent in innings 1-7. Innings 8 & 9 it appeared he got a message from the NCAA/SEC. Like a switch flipped, Vandy's zone expanded while the Pack's zone shrunk......similar to what the Pirates dealt with, only the Pack had to deal with it for 2 innings and not 9. Like someone else said, the Pirates didn't do enough to win a game against Vandy.....but, maybe if 4 or 5 of those K's were BB's, the outcome may have been different. Nevertheless, it is what it is.....the Pirates lost in probably the worst called game I've ever seen.

Prior to the Pack making it this far, I was hoping Vandy would win it all to at least bolster the ECU loss. Now, I'm pulling for the Pack.

JWH15

Six Pointer
The one thing the announcers got right was that state set the tone on the first batter for VU.
That was a hellavu play against one of vandy's best.
The HR really let them know State was there to win not just participate.
The" vandy boys" may have been believing the hype that surrounds them.
Isnt that the the most p........ nickname in history? vandyboys?
Go Wolfpack!
top 4 national seed and at the CWS along with a friday and saturday guy that are probably going to go in the top 10 picks in the draft, i think the hype is warranted. It doesn't mean they're gonna win it all or even the best team. I agree with your nickname assesment. I will say Leiter was impressive last night striking out 15 with a mistake that State capitalized on and that is what good teams do. But at the end of they day you have to score to win and State did that and vandy did not.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
St8 I believe had bases loaded with one out late, and couldn't bring in a run was due to incredible pitching.

country

Ten Pointer
Stanford blew it. Vanderbilt scores 2 in 9th to win.

Rematch between State and Vanderbilt on Friday night

Hopefully they can beat the Vandy pitchers.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
States pitchers should be rested. I would throw my starters 2-3 innings and bring in that closer on Vandy. I wouldn’t let the batters see the same pitcher more than once. Just my thoughts.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I expect Vandy will definitely have one ace if not both pitching Friday. I’ve never believed in saving a pitcher for another day. Gotta get to that day first.

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
it was a heck of a ballgame last night! stanford blew it! was hoping State vs Stanford as Stanford burned their ace in releif. I hope wolfpack find a way to get a W.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good gosh....Stanford choked....
I'm not sure I've ever seen one that close to being done, with that dominant of a performance by the closer, only to watch it completely come unraveled. 2 outs, 2 strikes... everyone in that stadium and watching on TV knew it was one more good pitch away from Vanderbilt being eliminated, and... then he walked him. Hit. Hit. Wild pitch. Choke. smh. Go State.

And I HATE that Vandy whistler.

Last edited:

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
MSU's cowbells are bad enough. :)
My wife wanted someone to choke-out the whistler during the ECU-Vandy SR. Told her I couldn’t hear him & she couldn’t believe it. I’m half deaf in 1 ear and can’t half hear in the other ear, plus have tinnitus. My ears ring 24/7. However, I can definitely hear those cowbells.

country

Ten Pointer
State can't catch a break

Announcer said 2nd baseman Jarret and closer Justice were not at stadium