College baseball

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Utter and total horse hockey. 6 test positive, and only 2 of those are without the vaccine. They better be testing every player from every team there now if they are truly concerned about things. The amount of anger I have after just waking up is at an all time high.

justwin24

Six Pointer
My heart goes out to the players. It's a lifetime of work these young men have put in to get to this point. Hours in the weight room, summer games in 95 degree weather, winter time batting cage sessions, while other friends are skiing, 5am drives on Sunday morning to play all day in another state in hopes a college coach will see you, family financial sacrifices, and they did it all because they love the game.

Now some have played there last game a few days ago and didn't even know it. They did not get the chance for closure; to walk off the field under their terms. They'll have a lifetime of thinking what if.

My son is playing in college now, but him and his HS friends had the same situation last year when they canceled there season. There is not a party that goes by where the what could of been isn't discussed since they thought their team could make a playoff run.

But this is on an entirely different level. And I understand that life isn't fair, I don't know all the specifics but this one really smells. How come it was ok to play yesterday but not today? Why not get a plane full of JV players up there?

country

Ten Pointer
Utter and total horse hockey. 6 test positive, and only 2 of those are without the vaccine. They better be testing every player from every team there now if they are truly concerned about things. The amount of anger I have after just waking up is at an all time high.
Where did you get the details? Would love to see it especially the vaccinated players part.

Some of the media has been trying to politicize it by blaming state for not mandating players get vaccinated

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Where did you get the details? Would love to see it especially the vaccinated players part.

Some of the media has been trying to politicize it by blaming state for not mandating players get vaccinated
Aaron Fitt, baseball writer from Chapel
Hill who is connected and has sources. I’ll find the link. Concerning media dragging the players and Avent, hell we have our own fans doing it. Most clearly don’t understand legal ramifications that have yet to be vetted out in regards to that. There is a reason the UNC system doesn’t have a requirement for emergency fda classified covid vaccinations to attend classes or play sports, there is a reason no school in the system has that requirement to my knowledge, there is a reason no individual sport in one ofaforementioned colleges has that as a requirement to my knowledge. They are barking up a tree they have no clue about. Here is the article:

country

Ten Pointer
Aaron Fitt, baseball writer from Chapel
Hill who is connected and has sources. I’ll find the link. Concerning media dragging the players and Avent, hell we have our own fans doing it. Most clearly don’t understand legal ramifications that have yet to be vetted out in regards to that. There is a reason the UNC system doesn’t have a requirement for emergency fda classified covid vaccinations to attend classes or play sports, there is a reason no school in the system has that requirement to my knowledge, there is a reason no individual sport in one ofaforementioned colleges has that as a requirement to my knowledge. They are barking up a tree they have no clue about. Here is the article:
Thanks for sharing

They should test all players on all remaining teams. Seems to be the only "fair" thing to do...

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for sharing

They should test all players on all remaining teams. Seems to be the only "fair" thing to do...

...and make Vandy sit a pitcher.

I'm an SEC guy through and through, but most SEC fans are pretty irritated about this.

Not to mention the NCAA decided that tweeting congratulations to Vandy at 2AM was the best way to go through with this.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
So now the media decides and controls the College World Series, not surprised. As a side note to all of this the good Dr Fauci is a Vandy darling, they recently had "Dr Fauci Day". Also, Vandy gets a lot of money from the NIH and NC State gets very little.

Four vaccinated players testing positive is highly unlikely, like everything else follow the money and media trail and the results are obvious.

Plottdog

Six Pointer
That wouldn't happen to blue blood school. What they gonna do now if Texas doesn't win disqualify Ms. State? Declare Vandy the winner? What a crock.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
and folks wonder why I don't care for sports,,,,, can't just play,,, has to be something

sorry for State,,, heck with all the rest (well except Mississippi State),,,,,,,

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
just checked.....doesnt look like fauci is on the board at vanderbilt......there sure is something going on though......hate it for the nc state players

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I hate this so bad for state and so pissed at the ncaa. I may never watch another ncaa event again after this. This crap is past pathetic. 4 players that are fully vaccinated and test positive. I’ve been seeing a lot of that at work as well. I feel for these guys. Terrible ending for such a good story and team. It wouldn’t bother me if the ncaa went bankrupt at this point.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
just checked.....doesnt look like fauci is on the board at vanderbilt......there sure is something going on though......hate it for the nc state players

No he isn't but he is there a lot, the Nashville media covers his visits.

My wife went to Vanderbilt, but the school has become such a liberal hot bed that she no longer will even watch their games of any sport.

country

Ten Pointer
For the covid experts, is it a point of concern that state had 4 vaccinated players test positive?

I know the vaccine is not 100% effective but 4 vaccinated players on same team seems statistically near impossible

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For the covid experts, is it a point of concern that state had 4 vaccinated players test positive?

I know the vaccine is not 100% effective but 4 vaccinated players on same team seems statistically near impossible
Seems that way. My understanding is the vaccine is proving to be every bit as effective as it was stated. So, 95% efficacy would make 4 players on the same team contracting Covid nearly impossible. Which lead me to wonder if they are false positives. Either the info is incorrect or something fishy is going on. How pissed are they going to be if they test negative today?

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Seems that way. My understanding is the vaccine is proving to be every bit as effective as it was stated. So, 95% efficacy would make 4 players on the same team contracting Covid nearly impossible. Which lead me to wonder if they are false positives. Either the info is incorrect or something fishy is going on. How pissed are they going to be if they test negative today?
What is really frustrating is those vaccinated are not supposed to be contagious. So removing those players doesn’t make sense if they were following science….

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What is really frustrating is those vaccinated are not supposed to be contagious. So removing those players doesn’t make sense if they were following science….
If you really contract Covid, You are contagious. The vaccine is to prevent the virus or make it less virulent. If you get it, you can transmit it.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you really contract Covid, You are contagious. The vaccine is to prevent the virus or make it less virulent. If you get it, you can transmit it.

yes.

Some of the claims are wild and make no sense at all.

you can definitely be vaccinated and still get it. Supposed to be a much lower chance. You can also still carry the virus and pass it on.

I don’t know if any vaccine that is 100% effective. The COVID shots aren’t really vaccines....they are more of gene therapy.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Been a while since I took statistics. Anyone know if this is the correct probability for 4 vaccinated players to test positive? I know it's an AND statement. Screenshot_20210627-133719_HiPER Scientific Calculator.jpg

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Sorry was sharing the funny “science” that the current White House adm has pushed that those who are vaccinated can’t spread it.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I can only speak for my observations at the ER of which I work in. We have had a lot of people come in symptomatic and test positive for covid who have been fully vaccinated. Couldn’t tell any difference in the severity of their symptoms versus an unvaccinated person. Still having a lot of vaccine side effects but it’s tapering off because by now everyone who was getting vaccinated has been vaccinated. The experiment is still under way. I do know of several sudden deaths recently of people who got vaccinated and died within a day or 2 after unexpectedly. I don’t encourage or discourage anyone from getting it. Do your own research and go with what you feel is best for you. I’m still more worried about getting hit by an asteroid than I am from getting covid.