College baseball

country

Ten Pointer
Love this time off the year. That state Arkansas game was nerve-wracking. State takes down #1 seed Arkansas to advance to 3rd CWS in school history. Virginia and Notre Dame still with a chance to advance also.

ECU made a great showing also but ran into a Vanderbilt team with 2 outstanding pitchers.

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
I've enjoyed it as well. Wished the Pirates had been able to scratch out a win, I think we would have had a great chance in a game 3. That State Arkansas series was intense, and good to see Virginia moving on as well.

Wish they showed more College baseball on TV during the season.

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
ECU got a few bad 3rd strike calls with men on base. That was some of the worst ump work Ive seen this post-season. Godwin was right to be hot.

I hate to be one to blame the umpires, but I 100% agree. While we didn't do anything to win that game, the officiating behind the plate was horrible. That ball 4 strike with bases loaded on a pitch right down the middle was ridiculous.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And that was after they had just called two ECU batters out on pitches just off the plate. In low scoring games like they were in, one extra hit with men on base could make the difference.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats to the 2 ACC teams, NC State and UVA, on their decisive victories in the first game of the CWS.

Every other team in the mix other than these two is a top-10 seeded team, but both of them showed up ready to play.

Should be an interesting showdown tonight between State's offense and Vandy's pitching. I would like to see Vanderbilt lose.

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
Congrats to the 2 ACC teams, NC State and UVA, on their decisive victories in the first game of the CWS.

Every other team in the mix other than these two is a top-10 seeded team, but both of them showed up ready to play.

Should be an interesting showdown tonight between State's offense and Vandy's pitching. I would like to see Vanderbilt lose.

It was great to see the ACC teams play well. Normally they blow it. I hope State will bring their bats.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
This was one of those 3rd strike calls
View attachment 68274

I don't know why, but these images caused me to explore the www in complete anger. So I found the "highlights" of the game. only 11 minutes long (thank God!).

I noticed that in the bottom of the 6th, with 2 outs, on a 2-2 pitch, a very similar "outside" pitch was called for strike 3 in ECU's favor. I don't have the time, knowledge, nor inclination to screenshot/save/post it here lol.

But if you freeze it roundabout 7:42 in this video, you'll see another "WHAT???!!!" call. I love how the catchers keep trying to frame the pitches, by about feet, not inches lol.

Good Luck to the Pack tonight!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Love watching with Closed Caption on!

And I quote (bla bla bla about Vanderhole) Monumental build up intro including Coach regarding pitcher.

"Story of tonight is that man right there, Zach Leiter, struck out bla bla......."

2 pitches later.......TINK!!!! :D

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ump was terrible in the 8th and 9th. Glad state pulled it out though. Scared the wife on the last pitch. Yelled "that's three" before the ump called tbe last trike!