Cold season dove hunt

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Anyone going to be dove hunting tomorrow? Some of the property im able to deer hunt is packed full of dove as of yesterday. He had well over 100 in the field last night and couple hundred in another field. We figure we will deer hunt in the morning and dove hunt from late morning till early afternoon then climb back into the stand. should end up being a good weekend of shooting.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dove hunting this time of year can be great. The only drawback is if they have multiple fields to feed is usually not enough people are hunting to keep them stirring.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
There are three fields they cut today hoping that keeps them coming back. Every thing else is already knee high winter wheat or been picked clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
We have the only fresh cut cornfield for 1 mile and they were thick in it 2 days ago and we were planning a hunt tomorrow, BUT a few soldiers from www.thefallenoutdoors called and want to deer hunt, sooooooooo, I will concede and guide them. They are sacrificing their lives to keep us free and I don't mind a bit! Here's a group from last year.

Attachments

• josh's gang at farm.jpg
    josh's gang at farm.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I thought I might have some to hunt by today, but with all of the rain we had, they never materialized.

We have had two waves of migrating birds come through after the opener. One was the next weekend and one was about 3 weeks ago. None around right now.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Weather warmed up and clear sky’s they weren’t many flying by the time we got out of our deer stands. They were flying hard this morning. We were still able to knock a few down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk