Coastal Scouting

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Spent a couple of days brushing blinds as well as scouting for birds. Had hoped some calendar migrators would have arrived on this full moon. Never saw a duck in Hyde. not even a wood duck, very unusual. I know it is too early for divers but I had hoped that a few pintails, gadwall and widgeon would be here.
Drove over to the refuge impoundment right off 94. good amount of water in it already but not a single duck..

will keep looking.

going to alberta to hunt ducks and geese Sat. hope they are still there.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Must have skipped Hyde. I know of a few spots around Wilmington that had a good number of puddle ducks in there. Just about every species minus Pintails. I found a bunch of mallards and wood ducks in Harnett Co. last week.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I haven’t been seeing much in Craven either, during the early split I wasn’t expecting much but even then was let down, saw 5 wood ducks and 1 teal over the course of 2 mornings. Very low compared to last year. Seen a lot of geese though, and have seen some ducks but not quite what I was hoping for by now

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Didn't see much in the marsh Saturday or Sunday. Holding a fair amount of Woodies in one pond. Heard some decent reports, some not so decent.
Did have some damage to blinds from most recent storm. Luckily everything was salvaged within 100 yards of blind but did put us behind. Got everything we needed done but still have a few things left to do. Ready for the season.