Clubs around Pitt County

ecufan13

Spike
I am looking for hunting clubs in or around Pitt county for 2019-2020 season.

I only have the weekends and holidays to hunt now so that is why I am looking at clubs. I am a still hunter, but don’t mind if the club allows dogs. I archery and rifle hunt with a focus solely on deer. Please let me know if you know of any clubs with openings. I’d love to check some out before this season is over.

Thanks in advance.

ecufan13

Spike
I wish the best of luck to you. I've been looking for 10 years and haven't found a good club yet locally.

I am tempted to buy land, manage it a few years then hunt it once I have mature deer on the property. It would just be a lot of time and money to do so

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
I am tempted to buy land, manage it a few years then hunt it once I have mature deer on the property. It would just be a lot of time and money to do so
I had a friend that leased a couple thousand acres this year between Tarboro and Greenville. Charged $5000/year/member. I think he filled the membership.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had a friend that leased a couple thousand acres this year between Tarboro and Greenville. Charged $5000/year/member. I think he filled the membership.

That’s strong. $5,000 per member or the entire lease was $5,000?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
To each their own if you got the cash go for it. I can see the appeal of having it close s9 can hunt it more but for me if I'm paying that kinda coin there are 10 times better places large deer management and more important more turkey rags. A membership on the duck river comes to mind noted for really large bucks and 4 bird tags. Only reason I thought of it was seen club advertising was in that 5 to 6 thousand member range.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
To each their own if you got the cash go for it. I can see the appeal of having it close s9 can hunt it more but for me if I'm paying that kinda coin there are 10 times better places large deer management and more important more turkey rags. A membership on the duck river comes to mind noted for really large bucks and 4 bird tags. Only reason I thought of it was seen club advertising was in that 5 to 6 thousand member range.
That’s true, there are much better places to hunt for that money. Key is location, as in where you work and live. I can imagine the ducks, bucks and turkeys I could’ve killed if I lived in northern Missouri. So, we all make the best of our location we live at, unless you have plenty of spare change. Best case, hunt local on decent property where you live and travel for better game. A couple of guys in my club go 150+ B&C hunting every year. Have cake and eat it too.:)