Clethodim

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I know Whitetail Institute sells Arrest Max but I found these 2 on the net and was wondering if anyone here had experience with them on their clover plots.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Clemithin works takes 14-21 days to kill use a crop oil with it. It doesn't work like round up kills slower from plants cells. Will possibly need 2,4DB to go along with it depending on what broadleaf and grasses you have combination of. Both need crop oil to stick. Some say spray them separately application, some say combine.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Clemithin works takes 14-21 days to kill use a crop oil with it. It doesn't work like round up kills slower from plants cells. Will possibly need 2,4DB to go along with it depending on what broadleaf and grasses you have combination of. Both need crop oil to stick. Some say spray them separately application, some say combine.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I agree with everything said there. I’ve sprayed both at the same time due to time constraints and it worked. The crop oil/MSO is a key to getting a good kill.

Don’t leave that out!

newdeerhunter011

Eight Pointer
I like whitetail institute seed but personally I would never buy their herbicide. Way overpriced. Clethodim/Dakota and 2,4DB for broadleafs works great with crop oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Sprayed clethodim today on a clover plot that was just about taken over by grass. I'll give it a couple weeks and check back.

Probably should have had someone mow it first then waited a week and sprayed but we will see.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Sprayed clethodim today on a clover plot that was just about taken over by grass. I'll give it a couple weeks and check back.

Probably should have had someone mow it first then waited a week and sprayed but we will see.

I try and mow mine 4 times a year and spray it twice a year a week or so after I mow. Mowing will keep most weeds out but have to spray for grasses especially when there is a lot of rain.

2nd Calling

Six Pointer
I've seen success by using the clethodim, 2-4 DB, and crop oil mixture in my backpack sprayer...you do need to be patient, but it does wonders.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i'm trying it, have sprayed twice on a small section trying to get clover established. Getting ready to mow it all in august then fertilize the clover. Just a wing and a prayer. I have no clue . :)

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Went down today and they had just mowed my clover spot. What clover I could see looked really thin so I sprayed some more cleth and now hope we get some rain so I can see what I have left.
Clover looked alot better this spring so Im hoping it will bounce back with some rain.