Clemson vs those other guys

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Congrats to Clemson!

They are on another level with anyone in the ACC.

Ross and Lawrence for 2 more years.

4 out of the last 6 years an ACC Atlantic team has represented in the National Title Game. 3 out of 6 winning it. Pretty stout for 1 division.

Last edited:

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Pretty rare to see Saban get out coached.

Think the turnover on his staff is starting to catch up to Bama.

Ol Copper

Eight Pointer

Agree. Completely out coached. Really hard to see Saban even thinking of allowing that fake fg to be attempted. There were more than a few situations where the play calling was really strange...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I still can't figure out why a team hasn't opened up the bank to lure that D coordinator away from Clemson last 2 games his D has been lights out.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
By way I look at that game and laugh when people seriously think any college team can play a pro team this game is what happens when a pro D line controls a college o line

JONOV

Ten Pointer

I'm not taking away from Dabo's coaching job, but:

Clemson's Defense was way better, especially their D-Line; They looked like Pro's. Bama had a good O-Line but Clemson looked like they had cloned Julius Peppers three times. They had three guys that had turned down the NFL to make a go of another National Championship and it showed.

Bama's D-linemen were sucking wind because they didn't have enough depth. That began to show as well.

Tua's two interceptions didn't help either, and they weren't the function of being outcoached, they both mostly looked like mediocre throws to me.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Man enough to say I missed this one. But hey, at least it was a clean miss because I was not even close. Congrats to Clemson, their fans, players and coaches.

On a side note, that whoopin we took in Death Valley back in October don't hurt quiet so much now.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm not taking away from Dabo's coaching job, but:

Clemson's Defense was way better, especially their D-Line; They looked like Pro's. Bama had a good O-Line but Clemson looked like they had cloned Julius Peppers three times. They had three guys that had turned down the NFL to make a go of another National Championship and it showed.

Bama's D-linemen were sucking wind because they didn't have enough depth. That began to show as well.

Tua's two interceptions didn't help either, and they weren't the function of being outcoached, they both mostly looked like mediocre throws to me.
I don't know bama has as much talent as any team in the country. They got shut out in the red zone how many times?

They didn't adjust and had poor play calling. Lot of that falls on coaching.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I thought Clemson could win but I never thought it would be such a blow out. Bama just got out coached and out played.

Ol Copper

Eight Pointer
Those 2 interceptions were a direct result of being out coached. The decision by Clemson to show blitz while lining up the defensive backs in zone coverage instead of the traditional man-to-man associated with blitzing was pure genius. Then by either delaying the blitz or sending it Tua had no clue where to check off, or where to go. Clemsons defensive coordinator is the best in the country right now, both college or pro....

23mako

Ten Pointer
Those 2 interceptions were a direct result of being out coached. The decision by Clemson to show blitz while lining up the defensive backs in zone coverage instead of the traditional man-to-man associated with blitzing was pure genius. Then by either delaying the blitz or sending it Tua had no clue where to check off, or where to go. Clemsons defensive coordinator is the best in the country right now, both college or pro....
Firezone....

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I still can't figure out why a team hasn't opened up the bank to lure that D coordinator away from Clemson last 2 games his D has been lights out.
He is probably the highest paid DC in the country, and just won a NC, with the caliber of players returning to contend for at least the next two. I imagine the purse would have to be pretty wide open right now. But you better believe if Clemson ever misses a step, he will hand pick his next job.

SCnative

Spike
He is probably the highest paid DC in the country, and just won a NC, with the caliber of players returning to contend for at least the next two. I imagine the purse would have to be pretty wide open right now. But you better believe if Clemson ever misses a step, he will hand pick his next job.
Says he doesn’t want to leave yet. We’ll see when his sons are done. I think he’ll stay at least that long. But $ talks.