Clemson vs those other guys

23mako

Ten Pointer
I would just like to bitch and moan that they play this game on a monday night...Why in the world couldn't it be played on a Saturday? I understand NFL playoff games but dayum it would be nice to not have to stay up so late and wake up early for work the next morning.

As far as the game itself, I think it will be a good one. I predict Alabama will win but certainly wouldn't be surprised if Clemson one. Both teams are very good and well coached.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
I agree Mako. I typically talk about it all day in the shop. Get pumped up then eat too much for supper, hit the lazy boy and do good to make it to the 3rd quarter.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
It's the same #1 and #2 for most of the season meeting all these weeks later. Was the four team playoff even necessary after all? Imagine if this game had been played on NYD at 1 PM.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
It's the same #1 and #2 for most of the season meeting all these weeks later. Was the four team playoff even necessary after all? Imagine if this game had been played on NYD at 1 PM.
Yes because ND played a lot of quality teams during the season and came away undefeated. You can't use hindsight to view the Clemson/ND game to say a playoff was not needed. You had two undefeated teams. You need to play to determine the better team. There are no crystal balls that will tell you that.

23mako

Ten Pointer
I'm just happy that a bunch of Alabamans and South Carolinians are flooding the Bay area.
Kind of reminds me of that movie called "Next of Kin" with Patrick Swayze where the hillbillies go up to Chicago to avenge their family members death. Probably will be a similar scene to them out west folk. nextofkin3.jpg

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm just happy that a bunch of Alabamans and South Carolinians are flooding the Bay area.
You would think but they saying ticket sales slow still tickets available for 150 bucks. Can't say as I blame them I would have no desire to go to Santa Clara liberalfornia either rather watch on TV. Last year Atlanta those 150 were going for close to 2 grand and hard to get

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
This gonna be good game I believe. Clemson has the one thing you need a D line that can control line of scrimmage but I think they are weak in D backfield and may be their downfall wouldn't surprise me see Bama win 31-24 but this isn't game I'd put money on to close

Ol Copper

Eight Pointer
Clemson 28-Bama 24......
If Clemson starts off smoothly and avoids penalties they beat 'em.
Penalties and special teams will be the deciding factor.
Go Tigers !!!!!!

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Go tigers! It ain’t over till its over, but Dabo is out coaching Saban right now.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looking at stats you'd think score would be other way around.

Clemson has less then 30 yds in ground.

Ol Copper

Eight Pointer
Thats how you handle the biggest guy on the block...just walk out and bust 'em square in the mouth.
The freshmen carved them up...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
checked the score this am - 44-16,,,,wholey cow,

well done Clemson - your QB looks like a viking