Citations Contest:. Settling an argument

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
I caught a really nice white perch that measured right at 12" which classifies it as a citation fish. It's all on the up and up it was measured on the Golden Rule and verified by my partner in the boat. Then when we got home dude says let's measure the fish....of course I had a huge fish which was well over 12" so no problem there but the other fish measured 11 15/16". He said, "sorry man, not a citation shoulda verified or had a photo in the boat.". Now here's the question, he was in the boat when it hit the Golden Rule but stated he wouldn't sign the citation form....if I get enough people on my side he will sign it. What do y'all think?

damarshall7

Four Pointer
11 15/16" is not 12", no citation. If you caught a striper, crappie, etc and measured it as legal and then threw it in the cooler and were then checked at the ramp by the warden and it was then 1/16" under the limit, do you think he would write you a ticket? This has happened before to someone I know. Ticket was written.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
I don't understand the question.
what happened to the huge one that was well over 12"? Did he shrink or did you measure another fish?

I had two citations one at 12" in the boat the other well over. The big daddy donkey weighed in at one pound three dot three ounces. That citation has already been sent haha.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I had two citations one at 12" in the boat the other well over. The big daddy donkey weighed in at one pound three dot three ounces. That citation has already been sent haha.
then your buddy should go with the original on boat deal if he indeed verified it originally. imo.
that length alive is more indicative of the fish than a dead fish.
easy solution woulda just been to let em go after measuring. or say "why we remeasuring we know what he was."
Having agonized many times on the length of a fish I can comment. they never seem to grow. :)

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
As a fun aside I have until the end of April to get enough people to agree with me that a live length in the boat qualifies haha. It's all in good fun, and of course good food.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
@Mr.Gadget it's all in good fun, just trying to get people into fishing and stewardship. The citation program has the catch and release function which is great. It's great unless you taste like Sea Run White Perch haha.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If both of you saw it measured correctly in the boat when caught, that should be the measurement you go with.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Keep trying..... there are bigger ones out there. I got one 19 inches a few years back and yes a fisheries biologist verified it and told me he was sure it was a white perch. only a few oz off of the state record and I threw her back.

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
If today at work goes as expected, I may need to hand some of these out. My boss went home less than pleased last night ?

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Not arguing with him (he doesn’t argue ?), they just dropped the ball....... and an important one. I get to bring them in today for remediation ? and get them back on track.