Circuit of the Americas

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Did I miss something or did they substitute God Bless America for the National Anthem? I id notice a number of the younger folks with their hand over their heart. Obviously, they don't know the difference. Be interesting to see what they do tonight for the Xfinity race ceremony.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Dang if Kbusch didnt give a rather pleasant interview....none of the usual crying and pouting stuff like he does when he finishes 2nd...

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Im just glad to see 2 of the strongest cars from the beginning end up battling almost till the end, regarless of cautions. How it should be.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Im just glad to see 2 of the strongest cars from the beginning end up battling almost till the end, regarless of cautions. How it should be.

the 24 was the only car that could work over the 45 and pass him, but the 45 would get him back in a few laps....at least all the top 5 ran each other fairly clean on all those late re starts.....

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
the 24 was the only car that could work over the 45 and pass him, but the 45 would get him back in a few laps....at least all the top 5 ran each other fairly clean on all those late re starts.....

I had high hopes when Kyle took the lead off turn 1. I knew that it would take contact from someone else to push the 45 offline enough to get mired in traffic.
Reddick had the best car all day. He drove a good race, and they deserved the victory.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
A couple things I was thinking watching the race.
1. How many times did the 20 wreck ?
2. How many times did the 6 wreck ?
3. How many times did the 5 get hit or absolutely run through/over ?
4. How many times did ol' no driving Denny(the 11) turn or drive through cars ?
5. You think Ty Gibbs has figured out the rule about cutting the chicane corner yet ? 🤣🤣🤣

That road race was entertaining. Funny to me... expensive to others.
And Mr. Bubba Wallace defined his whole career in one sentence, and walked away. May be the new pouting brat of Nascar.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Bubba sucks not matter what. I took pic off tv yesterday as it was matter of inches but I believe KB got away with cutting corners. I think it was turn 6 but that may not be a concern there????

Attachments

• EE578D22-9BBD-40DE-8F82-75A95D2B5A40.jpeg
    EE578D22-9BBD-40DE-8F82-75A95D2B5A40.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 10

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
To Nascar's explanation, the only corner they were enforcing was the chicane. (Turn 9???)
Not sure on the number. They said it was made very clear in the driver's meeting.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
A couple things I was thinking watching the race.
1. How many times did the 20 wreck ?
2. How many times did the 6 wreck ?
3. How many times did the 5 get hit or absolutely run through/over ?
4. How many times did ol' no driving Denny(the 11) turn or drive through cars ?
5. You think Ty Gibbs has figured out the rule about cutting the chicane corner yet ? 🤣🤣🤣

That road race was entertaining. Funny to me... expensive to others.
And Mr. Bubba Wallace defined his whole career in one sentence, and walked away. May be the new pouting brat of Nascar.
I really enjoyed the race and I must say, your questioning assessments were spot on. Riddick is a good road racer, no doubt. I think Bubba is so mad because he hasn't got a car as good as Riddick's. On the last restart he was multiple car lengths ahead of Bush in just a couple of turns and was pulling away. I don't know what Riddick had in his car that nobody else had but there was certainly something.

He didn’t Saturday. His first couple words was his old self.
Not a KB fan but he does have enough wins to back up the smack talk so it doesn't bother me. Not like melon head or taco boy that won a race or two and now think they are the sheet! Pretty simple really race them how they race you. You race me clean I will race you clean you rough me up ill put you in the wall.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
@lasttombstone ... I don't know what Reddick had in the car either. It was head and shoulders above the rest.

KB's interview he said they(the 45) were bad fast testing there and just as fast straight off the truck for COTA. He admitted he couldn't run with them.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^What did they find that 20 other cars haven't. The driver can make a difference but if that was all Riddick he needs to move on over to F1 where the big money is.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
^What did they find that 20 other cars haven't. The driver can make a difference but if that was all Riddick he needs to move on over to F1 where the big money is.

What it looked like to me was he was able to out brake everybody getting IN the corner, then put the power down and have more DRIVE OFF than everyone. It didn't hurt that he was the fastest down the straights, too.
That car had it all.
The only thing that cut into his lead all day was the yellow flag.

What it looked like to me was he was able to out brake everybody getting IN the corner, then put the power down and have more DRIVE OFF than everyone. It didn't hurt that he was the fastest down the straights, too.
That car had it all.
The only thing that cut into his lead all day was the yellow flag.
So the 24 didn’t have a shot?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
So the 24 didn’t have a shot?

Yes and no.
Yes, he had a shot. He was fast, too. I think better than the 8.
He led a bunch of laps. Looked kind of the dominant car there for awhile.
He did fire off well at the end. Maybe his tires were giving up on him?
Nobody had nothing for the 45... except maybe a bumper slam.

At the end of the race, with 1-2 full laps to the checkers, no the 24 didn't have anything for him.

Nobody did.
My opinion.