Moved Christians and Dems

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
no, not really "faith" as a historian uses multiple primary sources to verify a data point,,,,

single sources are just a data point that may or may not have truth, but is used to inform as other data points come in,,,

The bible isn't really a primary source as all of the writings come from other sources and translations

but yes, some historical items are faith so to speak, but when it's not proven it is not treated as the only answer,,,,

that is the difference between history and religion
Actually I challenge you to look into that... many historical events are decided upon based on probability!

There was a similar study done with the same applicable probability measurements used about whether Jesus actually rose from the dead or not.... it scored higher than many major historical events we have accepted as fact

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Everything in the Bible does not always happen, has not always happened and will not always happen they way you picture it from reading it. For example. Jesus's coming had been predicted LONG before it ever happened. Everyone at that time "pictured" the Savior as a mighty Jewish military leader who would come in, kick :donk , and take names, put the Jews back on top and He would become "King"
God had told them WHAT would happen, but not HOW it would happen. God had something different, better and more permanent in mind.
I think the same thing about Revelations. It ain't likely to happen the way we picture it, if we can at all.

50 years ago, who could have imagined a society without currency? You can now, can't you?
50 years ago, who could have imagined a "one world government". You hear about it all the time now.
Even 10 years ago, who could imagine "wrong will be called right, and right will be called wrong". We are seeing that EVERY DAY and its being accepted.
Over 2000 years ago, who could have predicted ANY of the above was going to happen...but they did.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There was a similar study done with the same applicable probability measurements used about whether Jesus actually rose from the dead or not.... it scored higher than many major historical events we have accepted as fact

well, couple of things there,,,,

one - you presume what I believe or don't believe when it comes to Jesus
two - shoot me a link to that study, I'd like to read it
three - I am well aware of how history is distorted,,,,historian by education and training and fully understand fact and assumptions

none of which has anything to do with the conversation we are having on

• religion vs spirituality
  • whether Christians can vote democratic ticket

now does it?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
50 years ago, who could have imagined a society without currency? You can now, can't you?

Ayn Rand for one,,,,

50 years ago, who could have imagined a "one world government". You hear about it all the time now.

let's see,,,the communists for one,,,
heck Dante discussed the value of a "world governed by one monarch" back in the 1200s,,,
so it was "imagined" by many

Even 10 years ago, who could imagine "wrong will be called right, and right will be called wrong". We are seeing that EVERY DAY and its being accepted.

right and wrong are determined by the viewer,,,so not sure what you are getting at

Over 2000 years ago, who could have predicted ANY of the above was going to happen...but they did.

2000 years ago,,,,,,yeap, a lot has happened in 2000 years,,,some imagined decades, even 100s of years before it happened,,,and some just a few years,,,,

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I know this started out a Christian and Dems, but take religion totally out, take both presidents "character" out. Based on just policy, who would you vote for. Anyone on a Hunting Site and can actually sit here and vote for a Democrat (Biden/Harris) that will most definitely change the way the 2nd Amendment goes, is not very smart IMHO...Not to mention all the other policies they support. Voting with democrats mean you side with ANTIFA, and if you agree with that, you are probably on the wrong site

Last edited:

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ayn Rand for one,,,,

let's see,,,the communists for one,,,
heck Dante discussed the value of a "world governed by one monarch" back in the 1200s,,,
so it was "imagined" by many

right and wrong are determined by the viewer,,,so not sure what you are getting at

2000 years ago,,,,,,yeap, a lot has happened in 2000 years,,,some imagined decades, even 100s of years before it happened,,,and some just a few years,,,,

And, you used DIFFERENT SOURCES for each one. In 1200, the "world" was just Europe, Asia and Africa.
The Bible pre-dates all the sources you mention and is one source for them ALL. Just maybe the folks you mentioned got their idea from...perhaps...the Bible?
Who in their right mind would think that rioting is good. Who would think freedom is bad?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
well, couple of things there,,,,

one - you presume what I believe or don't believe when it comes to Jesus
two - shoot me a link to that study, I'd like to read it
three - I am well aware of how history is distorted,,,,historian by education and training and fully understand fact and assumptions

none of which has anything to do with the conversation we are having on

• religion vs spirituality
  • whether Christians can vote democratic ticket

now does it?
That we agree on... this thread was derailed by many along time ago... including myself

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And, you used DIFFERENT SOURCES for each one. In 1200, the "world" was just Europe, Asia and Africa.
The Bible pre-dates all the sources you mention and is one source for them ALL. Just maybe the folks you mentioned got their idea from...perhaps...the Bible?
Who in their right mind would think that rioting is good. Who would think freedom is bad?

yes I did use different sources,,,,see my post earlier about confirming,,,

and reference rioting,,,,,one man's "terrorist" is another man's "freedom fighter"

the Boston Tea Party was considered a riot (of sorts) by the British, the folks in charge at the time,,,

so again, what is "good/right" and what is "bad/wrong" is all subjective

Winkster

Button Buck
The babies can glorify god from heaven. Whats the problem? ;)
I don't think excusing the killing babies so they can go to heaven is logical. If you follow that logic to its conclusion why not just kill everyone, young, old, and in between, and send them to Heaven?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@woodmoose

thanks - on the road to next boondoggle so will read when I get time

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You know, this question my resolve itself before long. Looks like the Democratic party is headed towards not allowing someone to be a Democrat if you ARE a Christian.