Cherokee Trout fishing?

mike

Eight Pointer
So I've had a hankering to go to Cherokee for a while now to enjoy what I hear is some of the best trout fishing around and am just curious what THE BEST time of year is to fish up there. We fish year round and have the gear for winter fishing too. Any "insider information" would be appreciated and can be messaged to me. LOL
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

TerryC

Button Buck
Cherokee is alright, in my opinion. I rather go into the national park. Much more challenging and rewarding for me. On my last trip to Cherokee, I didn't think the trout looked healthy, really thin, and it looked like something had been chewing on them. That has been a while. Hopefully, that has changed.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Cherokee is alright, in my opinion. I rather go into the national park. Much more challenging and rewarding for me. On my last trip to Cherokee, I didn't think the trout looked healthy, really thin, and it looked like something had been chewing on them. That has been a while. Hopefully, that has changed.
Your observation is spot on. Otters have taken over the Tuck and Occunaluftee, and have decimated the food base for trout. The last good meal these fish get, is right before they get on the trout-truck. They then spend the rest of their lives running from otters