Checking my Peppers

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Checking on my peppers, waiting for more to turn red. Saw this Kung Fu guy guarding the peppers from attack. Those little ones are turning nicely, from yellow to orange to red... going to be some hot fireballs. I am planning on putting a bunch in vinegar to flavor my favorite greens and peas.
78d620ebe75e7adfb242564120520b0d.jpg
26240f4958657846a36053b6cb5de08d.jpg
3b4ae92d77f322bdf09b523af34d64d7.jpg
4040f13fbde2139258bfb969ff9bafb0.jpg
24d171f91e5da75e0b61fdeeed1f98ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
And just what recipe will you be using to make the "special sauce" for the greens and such?? Please share....

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, but them women's are hell. LOL

But only if you don’t mind your head bit off..

Do praying mantis eat male after mating?
Sexual cannibalism among praying mantises is well documented, but scientists have debated the reasons for it. A new study published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B shows that females who eat their male partners after sex produce more eggs than those who don't. ... Each of these males was then paired with a female.Jun 29, 2016

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
And just what recipe will you be using to make the "special sauce" for the greens and such?? Please share....

I do nothing more than put the peppers in a bottle and pour apple cider vinegar in it. Cap it off and let sit for a couple of weeks, then enjoy. If you want it hotter, cut some of the peppers in half, exposing the hot seeds and center of pepper. When the pepper vinegar gets low, just add more vinegar.

mattharris0414

What kind of peppers are those? I have habaneros, thai chilles, and salsa pepers this year. My trinidad scorpions were blazin hot last year. And the habaneros this year were perfect!

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Big red ones are Serrano, cayenne and small ones I think are Tabasco. I have one other, but not sure what it is besides Hot....

Einstein

Six Pointer
What’s your secret? I can never get peppers to grow worth an absolute dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Miracle Grow... and potting soil

My bed is made from a old box spring, more
Box than spring. I added 5 bags of fertilized potting soil, planted my transplants and let it go. Once a week I will add some Miracle Grow and Epson Salt.

51e0f4df28da13f8deeaf6d98f951a6a.jpg
31351f70e14ee2f706a252a4ab19d946.jpg

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Granddaughter with tomato plants this week. They sure have grown. Her left elbow are the pepper plants
4a9fc43d5fa7cae6e8e6dec734628b6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Those peppers look tasty. Healthy bunch.

Speaking of neat little critters, we've recently seen 7 walking sticks here in our area. Prior to a couple weeks ago, hadn't seen one in years.

Last edited:

old school

Six Pointer
Your pics. are even hot ! Reference to that "Kung Fu guy" got me thinking about that movie...which got me thinking about Elisabeth Shue......which got me thinking of another kind of hot entirely!!!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
You MIGHT want to check out Amazon Prime's "The Boys". I am fully addicted!

My peppers been doing well also.

To ask, when do I pull pepporcini's and if they over ripen will they become "hot"?

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Found this on line...

They barely nudge the pepper scale, right down there with the pimento pepper in terms of hotness. They've got a heat that borders on a tang, especially when pickled. The pepperoncini (100 to 500 Scoville heat units) is much closer to a bell pepper than a jalapeño, which comes in on average 40 times hotter.Jan 28, 2019