Check This Guy Out!

hermiehunter

Four Pointer
PICT4430.jpg

This little fella has been hanging out behind our office for a couple of months now. We've taken several decent pictures of him throughout the months.

I'm afraid he'll never make it to longbeard status, as there are multiple trucks cruising through checking him out every day now. Especially considering the strutter right behind him, along with several other strutters in the area. I don't expect him to make it through opening week, maybe not even youth week. The only good news is our property backs up to State Park...maybe they'll go into hiding in there for the next month or so!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What a cool picture...you are fortunate to be able to watch this little guy, hopefully he'll make it to maturity. I can't imagine he has an easy life with predators so maybe he's super cautious anyway.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Cool, go ahead and get them boogered of the road riders, maybe he will make it, sure is a pretty thing.

Last edited:

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I put pictures up of that same exact bird a few months ago...... Hope he makes it. I've seen at least 200 birds this morning alone and was on the phone with WNC as I took a picture of three toms and a few hens.

Did you get Hully Gully flagged for me? ;)

Last edited:

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hope somebody, some thing, or some predator will take her out of the flock before she produces more abnormal birds.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
When he is ready for 400 degree oil, I don't care what kinda feathers he has.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Won't make it long if by passers are checking him out. If they are riding they don't care what they are shooting.