Check out our latest crappie catching video!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I was introduced to livescoping by our buddy and had a blast - one day when I get the gumption I'll get me one - the grandboys would love it (kind of like real life video action)

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was introduced to livescoping by our buddy and had a blast - one day when I get the gumption I'll get me one - the grandboys would love it (kind of like real life video action)
I remember when he got his, and him saying "not sure if it is my cup of tea". He would prolly give his left and right one before he would fish without one now. :ROFLMAO:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
$1100 for LVS32 $1600 for LVS34

Then you’ve got to figure out which head unit.

And @nccatfisher you right, and I remember someone telling me they were done deer dogging but alas, both individuals are in over their head. 😂

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Go to RussellMarine.com They’ve got bundles. I’m still running an LVS32 on a GPSMap 1022. LVS34 is the latest. Define a budget and go from there. Gobbler has an LVS34 on a 8617. You can spend as much as you want but you can be in it for about $2000 with an LVS32 and an Echomap 93sv when the 93sv’s are on sale.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Please fill me in.
Want to get into a live scope.
I will need the full set up.
Look at used if you want to catfish, considerably cheaper and will be fine for that. Plus it doesn’t hurt to look where the bassheads get rid of their “outdated” stuff. I bought the head unit to mine that wasn’t 6 mos old then turned around and bought the rest of the setup 6 weeks later from the same guy when he decided to go a completely different route.

I don’t have a forth what you mentioned in my whole setup. You just have to bide your time and stay on the FB pages where they put the stuff up for sale. The bargains get snatched up quick, most of the time it is still on the boat and you can see it in operation if you are scared of getting screwed.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
Bassboat central
Crappie.com
eBay is where just about every electronic I own or have owned came from used with one or two exceptions

With the lvs 34’s out you can find steals on the lvs32’s if you look, and they work just fine

On a catfish note I’m shocked no one has taken over the catfish seen with one yet, like it did the crappie world

I see them all the time suspended here and there, big fish, you can turn the grid on and see that there over 4’ long

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bassboat central Crappie.com eBay is where just about every electronic I own or have owned came from used with one or two exceptions With the lvs 34’s out you can find steals on the lvs32’s if you look, and they work just fine On a catfish note I’m shocked no one has taken over the catfish seen with one yet, like it did the crappie world I see them all the time suspended here and there, big fish, you can turn the grid on and see that there over 4’ long
Alright, move along nothing to see here.LMAO At least most of them are unreachable most of the year by damn noodles and jugs.

Like I tell Justin, stick to bait fish and be quiet about the other stuff. :ROFLMAO:

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
So much to be learned with livescope even after decades of fishing. You can see how quickly your bait gets to and stays at a certain depth. Watch fish that follow your bait that otherwise you wouldnt have a clue about. Watch how fish react when a school gets broken up. Realize just how often fish are suspended off to the side of a given feature. I could go on and on. Really gives tons of insight into true fish behavior and can enforce ideas you've had that up to this point were just good speculation.

JWH15

Six Pointer
Please fill me in.
Want to get into a live scope.
I will need the full set up.

This is where I got mine from. Got the lvs32 and echomap 93sv last year all for under 2k to my door. Just be on the lookout for sales. The size of the head unit is gonna dictate the price. I'm now running active target which is Lowrance's version after selling my previous boat.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

This is where I got mine from. Got the lvs32 and echomap 93sv last year all for under 2k to my door. Just be on the lookout for sales. The size of the head unit is gonna dictate the price. I'm now running active target which is Lowrance's version after selling my previous boat.
That's what I have. Not Garmin but it works.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Just bumped this thread to let everyone know that BPS is doing a great sale on livescope right now. My dad bought the whole package with an echomap 93sv for $1700 total today. They are having a non advertised sale and then a similar sale on black friday.