Cheapest place to buy clover?

ZachI131

Button Buck
Looking to go ahead and buy bulk clover to put in food plots. What is the cheapest place to buy from? What type is best?

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
If you every get to King N.C. try LTD lawn and garden.They will sell by the LB. or bag ,better call first to see what they have before making a special trip. They should be able to get you about anything you need they are a southern states dealer . I like the wills ladino for permanent plots or crimson for spring or fall plots. Prices are usually fair. Hope that helps . Good Luck!

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Or a local Crop Production Services will be even cheaper if you are buying by the 50-lb. bag.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I usually buy white ladino from Sourhern States, here in Asheboro...Talk to Frank, he is the manager and can give you tips on mixtures that work in this area...

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Being in K-Vegas, check out Farmers Feed and Seed. Also not far a way try Summerfield Feed Mill. I bought two types there this fall, crimson and white I think, hafta check records. They sold by pound if don’t need entire bag.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I've never had it re seed good enough to not warrant it being replanted to some extent.

But a good guide to clover species here:

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
I've never had it re seed good enough to not warrant it being replanted to some extent.

How many food plots have you planted ?

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I've had really good luck with Durano clover. I've been planting it the last 6 yrs and it does really well around here. I have one plot that's on it's 3rd year and it's still going strong. I get my seeds from the local southern states.

Attachments

• IMG_20180408_170112658.jpg
    IMG_20180408_170112658.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 25

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

You bush hog it when the seed is mature? I had no idea you had a tractor.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Crop Production Services has a store in Brown Summit. They’re now called Nutrien because of a merger.

Ours changed names last year, but they didn't tell me that was for all the stores. I was under the impression that store manager made a switch. Good to know.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I’ve gotten thicker stands of crimson after lightly dissing or burning it off after it browns out completely. Bush hogging works too but I’ve had better rewarding stands from burning or very lightly discing it in

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
If your still looking cheap clover Southern States is where I buy most of mine from. I buy 50lb bags and freeze what I don’t use. I use ladino and medium red mixed and plant crimson clover and a bag of shot plot to give the plot something besides bare ground for the first fall.