cheap M4 / AR15 style

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
so who makes the cheapest/semi reliable rifle in the M16 /M4 style? Need 15, and don't want to break the bank (yet)

thanks

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
Don’t know anything about this brand, but the price is good

ATI also makes a good, inexpensive AR

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Would not touch PSa with a 10 foot pole.

Depends on what you want and need.
I would talk to Barnes and see if they will build to spec you want.
Delton has also been good. Have several and know a bunch of others that have them with no problems.
For production guns look at Smith or CMMG for big names.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

perfect - hadn't seen them

I had already looked at S&W, PSA, etc are all a might higher than I'd like to go,,, but may have to

don't need custom builds, not for this application

thanks folks for the fast responses,

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I've seen the Delton sports for as low as 480-490 before taxes

Cheap as I've seen a factory AR 15 in a store

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Would not touch PSa with a 10 foot pole.

Depends on what you want and need.
I would talk to Barnes and see if they will build to spec you want.
Delton has also been good. Have several and know a bunch of others that have them with no problems.
For production guns look at Smith or CMMG for big names.

0 issues with any PSA stuff I've bought, BARNES will cost $$$ no matter the spec

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just sighted in my FIL Delton AR15 this past Sunday, it went bang with 3 kinds of ammo..no issues.
They aren't as cheap as they were, nothing is.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I got a S and W three years ago. Only about 700 rds thru it with no issues(5 brands of ammo). Prices have gone up tho. Buddy had an Andersen . It was kinda temperamental with ammo and mags. Chambered in 300 blackout tho so I dunno if that contributed to issue. Best ARs I’ve messed with personally were LWRC . But they’re definitely a high ticket item and probably the polar opposite of what you’re looking for lol. Dang nice guns tho
Edited to add: had a buddy with a high end gun. Sold it and used the money to buy a delton and put all the bells n whistles he wanted on it. He loves it. I’ve shot it a buncha times and liked it

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Hard to beat that. Those Lancer AWM's are about $20 ea. So a $400 complete Anderson AR? That's a pretty good option if you need volume.

Cootmeurer

Six Pointer
Cheap -
PSA has some blemished lowers for sale right now for $119-139. Add a BCA upper for less than $300 and you have a solid “870 express” AR

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
ummmm, 15?
I have no clue, have had mine for a bit.
But did you need help?🤣 can I at least watch?....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Don't know what good it would do you but contact PSA directly and see what they can do. Even if they only take $20 off each, you could build a bare bones ar for $380. Of course that $20 will be gobbled back up by a rear sight and magazine.

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
Never bought a complete Anderson but have built about 12 off their stripped lowers. No issues with those receivers. I've built 6 PSA stripped lowers and used two of their complete (minus lower) kits into rifles. No issues with those. The two PSA kits were bought before Covid but two complete rifles for $350 ea then. Those kits are now running $350 minus lower.

CD

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
perfect - hadn't seen them

I had already looked at S&W, PSA, etc are all a might higher than I'd like to go,,, but may have to

don't need custom builds, not for this application

thanks folks for the fast responses,
Anderson or aero precision are worth a look too

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Isn't this is how many of the most interesting out of state boondoggles in history got started? lol

i just finished a book about Sam the Banana Man and he did that once in Central America

they weren't called "banana wars" for nothing,,,

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
they weren't called "banana wars" for nothing,,,

somewhere during that time is when the phrase "banana republic" was coined.

The book I read was good. "The Fish that Ate the Whale". Really cool American success story. I knew his name from New Orleans, but none of the history.

Mounthunter987

Button Buck
so who makes the cheapest/semi reliable rifle in the M16 /M4 style? Need 15, and don't want to break the bank (yet)
Palmetto state armory has complete lowers for 120 and bear creek Arsenal had complete uppers for around 250. Idk how familiar you are with the ar platform but that’s all you need to get in an ar. I’ve put about 100 rounds through mine. Runs fine only problem is feeding it now lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Aren't most of the manufacturers just assembling parts bought from only a handful of suppliers? Except for the higher end MFG's who make their own....

From AR15, on recievers:

LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske (old), Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W, MGI (1st batch), Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
MMS = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms, Stinger, Spike's Tactical(old)
JVP = Double Star, LRB
Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Superior = Superior Arms, Lauer (current)

venom17

Six Pointer
"that's just to start,,,, work ya know,,,,,,,"

For a throw away go with polymer. Easier to ghost it.