Chasing the Latest/Greatest?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Anyone else tired of chasing the Latest carry sidearm? i was "thinking" about the new Sig P365 and it's size but also the bad...new holster and mags, i already have some of the best IMHO carry sidearms Lcps, Airweights, Kahrs, Glocks, Springfields, S&W's and others, and Imo the Sig P365 is still gonna be a chunk in the pocket fully loaded and if going to put it on belt a Glock 26 ain't bad even a G19.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone else tired of chasing the Latest carry sidearm?...
Know what you mean, but have them already IMO, snub nose K frames. For me it will never get any better than that...

244013642.jpg

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Most folks don't want to hear this, but the truth is just a bitch sometimes.

As it relates to personal self-defense, one's choices in "hardware" (guns, ammo, sights, holsters, grips, etc) will seldom determine the outcome of anything. Most good guys come out on top simply because the bad-guy they encounter is more inept than they are.

If you're truly serious about protecting yourself (and your loved ones) spend your time, energy and money on issues relating to "software" (mindset, awareness, tactics and skill).

Once you've chosen a gun you will actually carry every moment you lawfully can, vet it adequately to insure it's reliable with the ammunition you're going to carry. After that, learn how and when to use it lawfully and skillfully. 99% of the gun-toters I encounter have some pretty perverted ideas of what constitutes a lawful use of deadly force and they posses very little relevant shooting skills.

I've noted this before in other posts that we have a saying in the LE Training Community ..... "Fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics and poor decision making." In other words, incompetence and ignorance works right up until the very moment that it doesn't.

I'm a gun-nut of the first order, but I keep my gun fetishes on a short leash when it comes to guns used for serious business.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Most folks don't want to hear this, but the truth is just a bitch sometimes.

As it relates to personal self-defense, one's choices in "hardware" (guns, ammo, sights, holsters, grips, etc) will seldom determine the outcome of anything. Most good guys come out on top simply because the bad-guy they encounter is more inept than they are.

If you're truly serious about protecting yourself (and your loved ones) spend your time, energy and money on issues relating to "software" (mindset, awareness, tactics and skill).

Once you've chosen a gun you will actually carry every moment you lawfully can, vet it adequately to insure it's reliable with the ammunition you're going to carry. After that, learn how and when to use it lawfully and skillfully. 99% of the gun-toters I encounter have some pretty perverted ideas of what constitutes a lawful use of deadly force and they posses very little relevant shooting skills.

I've noted this before in other posts that we have a saying in the LE Training Community ..... "Fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics and poor decision making." In other words, incompetence and ignorance works right up until the very moment that it doesn't.

I'm a gun-nut of the first order, but I keep my gun fetishes on a short leash when it comes to guns used for serious business.

Well said. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
pend your time, energy and money on issues relating to "software" (mindset, awareness, tactics and skill).

in response to a similar thread on "best self defense weapon" on a different forum (I know, blasphemy) my response was,,,,

"My Mind",,,,,,,

got some laughs, got some "oh man, be serious",,,,,,,I was serious,,,,,

most folks don't have the mindset for a fight,,,,no matter what they have on them

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I saw a video that was outside a gas station where two thugs were in each others face about something (probably drugs) and one guy pulled out what looked like an Uzi or something similar just so the other guy knew what he had, people were walking out of the store like what the heck is going on, thug puts it back in his baggy jeans and starts waving around his arms again, all of a sudden both pull out guns and start shooting at each other and thug with Uzi takes off running and other thug runs after him with what looked like 5 shot snubbie.....he killed him, guy was way out gunned but got the drop on other guy, he played it cool and picked his moment.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
pend your time, energy and money on issues relating to "software" (mindset, awareness, tactics and skill).

in response to a similar thread on "best self defense weapon" on a different forum (I know, blasphemy) my response was,,,,

"My Mind",,,,,,,

got some laughs, got some "oh man, be serious",,,,,,,I was serious,,,,,

most folks don't have the mindset for a fight,,,,no matter what they have on them

But it’s true..... training sharpens the mind and hones the reflexes, the weapon used is just the tool. It’s like giving a wrench the credit for fixing your car

bigblue

Eight Pointer
A quote from one of my favorite Western movies, “The Shootist” with Ron Howard as Gillom Rogers & John Wayne as John Bernard Books:

4138a8669c30e7074a1280d596067c71.png