Change of date for 2019 summer get together

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #1
The dates for next year will be June 6 - 9, 2019. I'm posting this primarily for those that need to book their boats and for those that do long range planning for vacations.

ScottyB

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So, I see this posted every year.....is it a closed group that gets together or open to the folks from NCHF? It sounds like a great time. If open to new folks I would love to see the details of how it all works, location , arrangements (tent,camper,hotel)........it would be nice to put some faces with names......and eat some of the great food y’all post up!

ScottyB

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just checked out Conmans website.....looks like a great set up.......may try to make it next year.....got one more to graduate high school.....that may be the weekend.....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Do most folks stay on sight? Campers and tents? Isn’t this event near Phelps lake?
some stay on site
yes you can bring campers/tents
yes it is near Lake Phelps
full coordination for next year will start in late winter/turkey season - Mike just wants to get the new date/weekend on folks calendar and so charter boats can get booked for those so inclined

and a deep sea fishing trip and graduation party at Lake Phelps would be an awesome graduation present!!

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My granddaughter that just graduated high school is not the outdoorsy type. She does not fish with us but she was not happy when a dance recital got in the way of her attending the GTG. She still enjoys the weekend at Lake Phelps.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
If Dobber tries to make it from Canada (again), you KNOW the folks from 4-6 hours away have to ponder how good of a time this is!?

We're in!!! Our fishing vessel is "somewhat" secured, but full nevertheless.

The earlier date offers different types of food available from the Raleigh Farmer's Market. I don't think Carolina Reapers or Habaneros will be in season yet? What to do?

dobber

Eight Pointer
@NCST8GUY before you start letting people know how far i am willing to travel, lets wait on the menu first and see if there is enough to share.
Also if i come with coolers you know i am wanting to fill them back up with some tuna or mahi so keep me in mind if anyone has a spot or needs one filled