Cerakote applicator you suggest?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Local is better, piedmont.
NC is fine.
Who do you suggest?
This will be an old turkey gun.
Pics of your guns will be great.
If we have a forum member that does this ; make that known please.
Admins move or delete if this is in violation of classifieds?

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
R&B Rifle out near Concord does it. He's also a smith... I had him do some work on my grandpa's old Remington 740 - did a great job. Very fair on pricing. I haven't used him for Cerakote, but his site and instagram is full of pics of his work - looks good. His shop is clean and looked to be a nice set up for it.

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You were close .... they're in Shelby. The owner is factory trained and does good work. Their number is 980-404-0667.
Same thing right??haha,thanks,, I just seem it as I drive to mountain house and I my self have a gun I plan to take down there to them . A buddy of mine just got a rifle that was coated and it intrigued my curiosity & I believe I will be giving it a shot,,thanks for the correction

slickhead

Spike
Chris Abbott of Abbott Arms located in Walnut Cove at Betty's Grocery. Does excellent work. Has done over 8 rifles for my inner circle of buddies. Not complaints at all. Look him up on book of faces.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Ken Barfield, owner of Double H Gunsmithing in Blanch, ( just north of Yanceyville) does it. Never seen his Cerakote work, but he's a top-notch gunsmith, so I expect he does good work there too.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks to you all. I am still looking and have contacted one in Sanford that was suggested via a pm.
while on the topic, are there any negatives with the process I should understand?

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks to you all. I am still looking and have contacted one in Sanford that was suggested via a pm.
while on the topic, are there any negatives with the process I should understand?

No real negatives from a practical standpoint. Cerakote (like most applied finishes) is glorified paint and as such, the quality of the end result is largely determined by the prep work and the skill and patience of the guy doing the spraying. The stuff adheres and protects really well when it's done right and while they continue to develop and refine these coatings, the weak point (if there is one) is its resistance to abrasion. The nice thing about these coatings is the fact they can be reapplied more than once without noticeable wear and tear on the gun like traditionally bluing.

I think it's safe to say that applied coatings are the wave of the future as more and more restrictions are placed on some of the other finishing processes, which can be toxic and/or hazardous.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I have a couple of guns that have been cerakoted and the finish is durable as hell. They have been beat and banged and still look like they did when I picked them up. Gunkote and others and even rattle can paint are no where near as durable. I have on rifle that has gunkote and it is horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Ken Barfield, owner of Double H Gunsmithing in Blanch, ( just north of Yanceyville) does it. Never seen his Cerakote work, but he's a top-notch gunsmith, so I expect he does good work there too.

This is who I'd use, Ken does great work at a very reasonable price. I need to swing by and drop some stuff off for him if he's done chasing those rabbits around.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
This is who I'd use, Ken does great work at a very reasonable price. I need to swing by and drop some stuff off for him if he's done chasing those rabbits around.
I did a drop-off yesterday myself, in fact. He's a good guy....and like you said, great work at reasonable prices.